Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum G League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 03-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #61
b.jerk
Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Euroleague Top 16

No the guys I've played against are starters on playoff teams today, granted they are better than they were. I really don't care about converting anybody or convincing anybody to my opinion and I'm absolutely content if there are people that haven't seen enough to know better but I'm going to say this there are a lot of people much more experienced and knowledgeable than I am that have a stronger similiar view than I do and most of them are non-jewish americans that don't have a substantial religious influence in their lives. A series of good plans implemented well can change the status quo really quick. I don't want to discuss this anymore and I would prefer to discuss the top 16 from now on.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #62
la bomba
Local High School Star

big away wins for madrid and olympiakos!what were maccabi doing in that 4th qtr!?still think cska and unicaja.tau and rytas. madrid and anyone else.montepaschi and ,pana are down at halftime.if pana win this one then pana will join siena in my opinion.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #63
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Top 16 is being incredibly tight this year. None of the group leaders is a lock (except for Tau, obviously). Wow!
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #64
b.jerk

Bluementhal and Garcia weren't good enough to beat Bnei Hsharon and Sherf tried the same substitution again with olympiacos, why?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #65
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
Bluementhal and Garcia weren't good enough to beat Bnei Hsharon and Sherf tried the same substitution again with olympiacos, why?
batista had also had a good 1st half and then didn't take much part in the 4th.plus where was once again the great halperin??
Old 03-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #66
b.jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
batista had also had a good 1st half and then didn't take much part in the 4th.plus where was once again the great halperin??

Maccabi hasn't lost a game because of Halperin and he isn't the problem. The problem is with his teammates (David Blumenthal)
Old 03-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #67
simasu01
Decent playground baller

It's unfortunate that Madrid is winning, although I am very happy about their football side losing in the Champions League, hopefully same in La Liga, but since this is basketball, I want them out very quickly. Unbelievable that Rytas lost twice to Tau, they are great, I wish Calderon was still playing there, they are a great threat to take the Euroleague, I wouldn't mind it, I would hate for maccabi or Madrid to take the crown. Also, CSKA has been our enemy forever, but Siskauskas plays there, so it wouldn't be THAT bad if they won.
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #68
b.jerk

I don't get the decisions at Maccabi, Omri Casspi plays a terrific game against Real Madrid and he gets less minutes against Bnei Hasharon and a DNP against Olympiacos. The players responsible for the loss against Bnei Hasharon, Garcia and Blumenthal play even more. If Maccabi would of played Omri Casspi they would of won, Casspi is that good and it's as if Maccabi is benching him to manipulate his draft stock. I don't get why Maccabi doesn't put the most competitive team on the floor.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #69
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I don't get the decisions at Maccabi, Omri Casspi plays a terrific game against Real Madrid and he gets less minutes against Bnei Hasharon and a DNP against Olympiacos. The players responsible for the loss against Bnei Hasharon, Garcia and Blumenthal play even more. If Maccabi would of played Omri Casspi they would of won, Casspi is that good and it's as if Maccabi is benching him to manipulate his draft stock. I don't get why Maccabi doesn't put the most competitive team on the floor.
If Casspi is so good why doesn't he play?Rubio is 17 and has been playing regularly for 2 years,he is good so he plays.I think they want blumenthal to be like parker unfortunately he is no where near as good.He did start the game well he scored a few 3s in the first half.Why is vujcic not playing that much?is he still not 100%?Olympiakos have come back from the dead and zalgiris who where looking great have almost blown it.I think it will be madrid and olympiakos or maccabi.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #70
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
It's unfortunate that Madrid is winning, although I am very happy about their football side losing in the Champions League, hopefully same in La Liga, but since this is basketball, I want them out very quickly. Unbelievable that Rytas lost twice to Tau, they are great, I wish Calderon was still playing there, they are a great threat to take the Euroleague, I wouldn't mind it, I would hate for maccabi or Madrid to take the crown. Also, CSKA has been our enemy forever, but Siskauskas plays there, so it wouldn't be THAT bad if they won.
TAU are always this good in qualification a couple of years ago they put panathinaikos out in the qtrs by winning game 3 in the OAKA in athens.But then in the final fours they play like ****!I was in prague and athens the two last final fours.In Prague they were totally destroyed by maccabi and in Athens they were totally poor again this time against Panathinaikos.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:49 AM   #71
b.jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
If Casspi is so good why doesn't he play?Rubio is 17 and has been playing regularly for 2 years,he is good so he plays.I think they want blumenthal to be like parker unfortunately he is no where near as good.He did start the game well he scored a few 3s in the first half.Why is vujcic not playing that much?is he still not 100%?Olympiakos have come back from the dead and zalgiris who where looking great have almost blown it.I think it will be madrid and olympiakos or maccabi.

In this crazy world of insider trading, cases of corrupt public officials and politics, it's entirely possible Maccabi is intentionally benching Omri Casspi to sabotage his nba prospects to either keep him at Maccabi or for the Miami Heat to draft him under value since Maccabi and the Miami Heat share an owner. I've seen enough wow moments from him this year to wonder why he isn't playing more.

Last edited by b.jerk : 03-08-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #72
Dwight_Howard12
Dwight Howard for MVP

Partizan will dominate :)
Dwight_Howard12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #73
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight_Howard12
Partizan will dominate :)
I don't know about that,but I sure hope they beat pana this week they deserve it they have lost all 3 games against them this year by 1 or 2 points plus it would put pana almost out .
Old 03-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #74
la bomba
Local High School Star

If barca can't beat this roma side after being 54 61 up and knowing that unicaja had lost ,they just don't deserve to go through.what a **** up by my team.as usual.I don't know what the coach was doing playing Kasun 6 mins and lakovic 18mins(only 2 shots taken) Acker 3 mins ,don't know if he was injured.Ilyasova is a massive disappointment.I wish he stuck to lakovic,Grimau,Basile,Trias and Kasun .
Old 03-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #75
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Barça is for me a very negative surprise. And obviously the coach change hasn't improve the things (in fact they are still very unconsistent and now score much less). Now they will have a lot of trouble to go through.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: