Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-30-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far
Default Deng improving

It worries me how Ben is our only player who is close to being elite on offense. We managed ok last season, but I'm really hoping Deng steps it up this year and averages maybe 17 or 18 ppg. Cos we know Kirk and noce will give no more than 15 or 16 ppg, its up to deng to become the second option to Gordon on offense dont you think?? He's easily good enough. Plus I read he had developed a better 3 pt range over summer which should help his scoring. And remember he was only 20 last season so there is lots of improving he can do still.

Gordon could score atleast 22 ppg if he got the same minutes as other good SG's like Pierce or Hamilton. I think it would be good if Deng stepped up to be the clear 2nd option on offense. Its obvious that these two are the most talanted two on the roster, this should be their year IMO.

What do others think
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

I think if Deng were to average 17 points a game it would be reasonable. In his first year he averaged 11.7 ppg and last year he averaged 14.3 ppg. I think this year there will be a big improvement in all aspects, especially if he improves his 3-point shooting. He's entering his third season and is only 21, so I think we'll see him gain a lot of maturity this season and by next season there's no dought in my mind he will average 18 points per game. As for Gordon, I also see him improve considerably since he's getting to the line more often, remember last season he often came off the bench. With increased minutes he will have no problem scoring 20 points per game. The main reason we don't see one player on the team as the obvious top scorer is because Skott Skiles likes to distribute playing time to all of his players. In other teams some bench guys don't get nearly the same minutes as our players do. I think it's smart the way Skiles leads the team he works hard to improve everyone's skills during practice and in games.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: