Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 11-29-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation
Default Brezec back after his bout with exhaustion....

And for some reason I'm not happy. I know we won yesterday and I should be great to have our final piece to the puzzle but I just don't think we win with him starting. I seriously expect this to negatively affect Meka. With Brezec back he has to move back to the 4 when he was flourishing at the 5, and he has a tendency to pick up ticky tack fouls when guarding quicker players out on the perimeter. Plus it takes him further form the basket when he was a terror at blocking shots. I dont kno but I just dont like this. Anyone agree?
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
bruzzes
I brick open layups

bruzzes has an OK reputation so far

Can't Brezac play PF?
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:19 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I agree completely. Even though Brezec had about 13 points last night, I honestly don't think he's a starter in this League. Okafor still had 4 blocks but he had 5 fouls and he hadn't been getting into foul trouble. Cat's need to shop Brezec around to try and get a PF so Okafor can play the 5.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:16 PM   #4
bruzzes
I brick open layups

bruzzes has an OK reputation so far

Ok, I guess not...Brezec at PF.

Still I think you are selling him way too short.
7 footer who shoots 50%, rebounds and most of them offensive rebounds that gives the team a second chance... not too many of them around.

Okafor will get his blocks, points and rebounds whether he is a 5 or 4.

Team really needs some Bigs.
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Brezec gets pushed around too much, he's like all the other Euro big men in the League, they're good offensively, they just aren't strong enough.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:00 AM   #6
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

He's a good player but not great and should in my opinion be one of the better back-ups in the league rather than one of the worst starters at his position. Situation reminds me a bit of Knight as he does most things well for his position but just isn't quite a complete package somehow. He also strikes me as a guy who aslong as is getting minutes would have no problem coming off the bench and wouldn't start acting up or wanting a trade in that situation.

With one stud PF or C/PF type of guy added to the team to start with Okafor, we'd have Brezec and May to back them up which would be an excelent big man situation. The 07 draft is absolutly stacked with this type of player and a good pick plus a vet free-agent wing-man assuming Anderson isn't a long term answer, to rotate the 2 positions with Wallace and Morrison (then our 2 good point guards sharing their true position) would be a team which must surely be able to start bringing playoff ball back to the city.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:57 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Tyler Hansbrough for Charlotte PF!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzzes
Can't Brezac play PF?

Nah he might be the slowest player in the league. Brezec can't even play C against some of the faster teams in the leagues.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #9
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Tyler Hansbrough for Charlotte PF!!!

Only if he skips his final two years and goes pro, and Roy Williams almost had a nervous breakdown when May and the rest left a year ago.

I was hoping May would be the starter
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: