Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #16
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lakers still need shooting

Is it just me, or good shooters become awful shooters when they come to LA? For example, Steve Blake and Jason Kapano. Steve Blake was averaging 38% from three in his career, but now his average with the Lakers is only around 33%. Jason Kapano was a former 3 point shootout champ, solid contributor off the bench for Miami, yet he barely got any minutes as a Laker.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Is it just me, or good shooters become awful shooters when they come to LA? For example, Steve Blake and Jason Kapano. Steve Blake was averaging 38% from three in his career, but now his average with the Lakers is only around 33%. Jason Kapano was a former 3 point shootout champ, solid contributor off the bench for Miami, yet he barely got any minutes as a Laker.

Kapano really only had one decent season as a pro. I don't think he became awful. I think he played on a really bad team for a year and had some inflated stats. When he got to a really good team it just became more obvious where he was as a player.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #18
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

OK, we added Nash and Jamison, both great shooters.....

Now we've added Jodie Meeks,

Do you think that's enough of an improvement in shooting?
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #19
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan

I think we done...maybe K-Mart if Howard will be out for a minute but that's it.
We got a team now. Ready to roll!!!
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #20
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

The Lakers have the best lineup in the NBA. I don't see how they could've done more, especially with how much money they already have tied up into the roster. They must be going after a championship this year hard core, because next season Pau will definitely be traded.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh

Well You can't judge Kapono. Kapono barely played and when he did, only a couple minutes a game. Is that enough to get a player going you think? Even then he still shot pretty decently. He was just one of those players lost at the end of the bench.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #22
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
They must be going after a championship this year hard core, because next season Pau will definitely be traded.

This may not come true if we win the ring this season... They could decide to keep the
team in tact and make another run at it.... The Buss family has paid a big
price in the past when contending for real.....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #23
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
This may not come true if we win the ring this season... They could decide to keep the
team in tact and make another run at it.... The Buss family has paid a big
price in the past when contending for real.....

The luxury tax changes next year. If they kept the team the same they'd pay almost what they do for the roster in the luxury tax. I'm not sure the Lakers could make money with a hefty tax like that. I think they'll try to make a run at it this year. Next year Pau is gone and then it's going to be time for Hill or some less expensive PF to step up.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
The luxury tax changes next year. If they kept the team the same they'd pay almost what they do for the roster in the luxury tax. I'm not sure the Lakers could make money with a hefty tax like that. I think they'll try to make a run at it this year. Next year Pau is gone and then it's going to be time for Hill or some less expensive PF to step up.
Wouldn't it be better just to let his contract expire after the 2014 season? I think this team is a 2 year plan. Anything after that is possible because maybe Pau will re-sign for a huge discount? Who knows, but can the regular season start like now.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #25
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Wouldn't it be better just to let his contract expire after the 2014 season? I think this team is a 2 year plan. Anything after that is possible because maybe Pau will re-sign for a huge discount? Who knows, but can the regular season start like now.

If they kept Pau wouldn't he end up costing them more than 30 million (once you figure in the luxury tax) next season? I think that's a big reason they will think really hard about not just letting him expire. I think they'll try pretty hard to move him to a team with cap space that can absorb the contract and possibly take back some draft picks. It's not that they won't want him around. I think the financial aspect of it will come into play.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: