Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Arrow The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Everyone knows that Derrick Rose is a nice player, but just like he himself admitted a month ago, Michael Beasley is a way better player than him. Besides, the Bulls already have a not-too-bad backcourt and they badly need a inside scorer like Beasley. In a word, Beasley fits better in the current Bulls team than Rose. As a consequence, I'd say the Bulls will regret their decision if they do take Rose over Beasley during this draft. Seriously, why do people think the Bulls would draft Rose? Just 'cause he's from Chicago?

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

i agree, Beasley is far better right now, and is less of a gamble. If Rose turns into a Deron Williams (as experts are projecting) than Rose would be better than Beasley, but the odds of that happening are probably 50-50.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they take Rose over Beasley

i agree most people will drill paxson for drafting rose... when the season starts, rose did say beasley was the better player now, and most people will agree with that... then december rolls around and rose gets better but miamis laughing at chicago cuz beasleys doing 20 and 8 while rose is doing 8 and 4, than febuary comes through and rose makes a couple of sportscenter dunks on numerous grills he might have a couple of 20 and 10 games under his belt while beasleys put up a couple of 30+ games, after the allstar break the bullies are in playoff contention... while miamis one out of the top 4 teams in the eastern conference, than april rolls around and this is when rose decides to live up to his potential not with #'s but with his composure during close down to the wire games and the bullies just squeak into the post season as a #7 seed and this is where rose blossoms into a beautifull rose he'll do damage in the playoffs similar to what dwade did his rookie year and they will become the hottest team in the league no one wants to face in the 1st round, when the bullies get knocked off EVERYBODY will be anticipating for next season yearning for more rose, and more rose, and this is when you will be like WOW!

remember deron williams his freshmen yr at illinjois? he was a walking tub of lard... now look at him now

keep in mind rose is only 19

bottom line is this, beasley will help you win now, and rose will help you win a championship later

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they take Rose over Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    keep in mind rose is only 19

bottom line is this, beasley will help you win now, and rose will help you win a championship later
    Beasley is also 19 so why can't he keeps improving just like Rose?

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

beasly is better than rose he will probly be like a larmar odom or shawn marion

Quote Originally Posted by shaoyut
    beasly is better than rose he will probly be like a larmar odom or shawn marion
    If Beasley turns out to be merely another Lamar Odom then he's a bust...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    If Beasley turns out to be merely another Lamar Odom then he's a bust...
    why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    why is that?
    Michael Beasley is expected to be a 20+,10+ guy in his career and play tough basketball, which means that he should be far better than that Larmar Odom.

madvillain

People are getting it severely twisted. Beasley won't be putting up 25 and 12 in the NBA the way he did at K-State. The kid dominated on a mediocre college team with no other legitimate stars, and in three or four years people will be all over him for doing nothing besides scoring, ala Carmelo.

Rose carried his team to the NCAA championship game, a few missed FT's away from the win, and made former scrubs like Chris Douglas-Roberts and Joey Dorsey look like first-round picks in the process.

It's not a contest. Potential franchise point guard vs. potential scoring champ who maybe gets 5 rebounds a game? I'm taking the first one and not looking back.

Local High School Star

Nothing against Rose, I just don't get why people are so down on Beasley. He had a better freshman year than Durant, and that's not even debatable, and people were drooling over Durant like he was the next MJ. But Beasley keeps getting called "next Derrick Coleman" and such.

madvillain

Michael Beasley is expected to be a 20+,10+ guy in his career and play tough basketball, which means that he should be far better than that Larmar Odom.
    That's laughable. PS if Lamar Odom-type numbers are going to be a disappointment, I feel terrible for the apparently unreal pressure being put on this kid.

I usually hit open layups

Everyone knows that Derrick Rose is a nice player, but just like he himself admitted a month ago, Michael Beasley is a way better player than him. Besides, the Bulls already have a not-too-bad backcourt and they badly need a inside scorer like Beasley. In a word, Beasley fits better in the current Bulls team than Rose. As a consequence, I'd say the Bulls will regret their decision if they do take Rose over Beasley during this draft. Seriously, why do people think the Bulls would draft Rose? Just 'cause he's from Chicago?
    People, like me, think the Bulls would draft Rose because he's good, not because he's from Chicago. You do realize that most teams in the NBA rank Rose top two in this draft right? Yes, the Bulls have a decent backcourt, but Rose would be the best player in the backcourt if they draft him. I think a trade will happen from the Bulls end, which will make the decision easier on who to draft. Beasley will be a beast...but so will Rose. They are totally different positions. It's like comparing Jordan to Olajuwon. Both great..but different positions. I can't see Rose being a bust...so I don't see how they will regret drafting Rose over Beasley, if that is what they do.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Beasley is not gonna be a PF. He 6-7. He's more of a small foward

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by new noise
    People are getting it severely twisted. Beasley won't be putting up 25 and 12 in the NBA the way he did at K-State. The kid dominated on a mediocre college team with no other legitimate stars, and in three or four years people will be all over him for doing nothing besides scoring, ala Carmelo.

Rose carried his team to the NCAA championship game, a few missed FT's away from the win, and made former scrubs like Chris Douglas-Roberts and Joey Dorsey look like first-round picks in the process.

It's not a contest. Potential franchise point guard vs. potential scoring champ who maybe gets 5 rebounds a game? I'm taking the first one and not looking back.
    You clearly don't know what you're talking about...

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Both players in question are going to disappoint seeing as both are expected to be "beasts" at their positions. Both will be fine players but considering Rose is being touted as a "game changer" and Beasley as a potential "scoring champ" people will surely be let down by what really happens.

That said, if I was in charge of Chicago's draft I'd select Derrick Rose. Vinny Del Negro was hired on to coach with absolutely no coaching experience. I'd be more comfortable giving him an athletic guard and figuring out his philosophy than giving him an inside-outside player whose effectiveness is determined by matchups.