Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: AirCast: Lakers vs Milwaukee Game Thread 1/29/12 8:30 PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    The Jazz beat the Nuggets in Denver right before that game. They are 14-5 and it was in their house. The Clippers are 10-6 and not nearly as good of a team defensively, or overall, for that matter. And whatever rivalry the Jazz might have with the Nuggets, I didn't see a single Nuggets fan say "Oh man, the Jazz are normally scrubs, why the hell did they have to try so hard against us?" And it's to the credit of the Nuggets fans, who don't have the same entitlement complex you suddenly acquired because after god knows how long, a star player actually came to the Clippers.

"Oh no. We're the Clippers. We've got Paul and we're sexy now. Teams without superstars like the Jazz should just lay down and let us win."
    you're being a bit dramatic no? I think the Jazz are a good team. I just think their 30 point blowout of another good team in which they played the best game (statistically and otherwise) all year and tried to play flashy with a ton of dunks like never before.. proves my point.

They were playing up to the Clippers compared to other games like tonight's 3 point win over the Kings. They set out to show the Clippers up and make a statement. I'm not saying it means the Jazz are bad. Just saying everybody wants to give the Clippers their best shot.. the same way people wanted to with Miami last year. Anybody who watches basketball can acknowledge this.

As I told you before... the Jazz may be starting off well but I can assure you they aren't a better team than the Clippers come playoff time. Has nothing to do with entitlement, has to do with the fact that I think the Jazz have overachieved while the Clippers have clearly underachieved. I bet within 2 weeks the Clippers have a better record than the Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Artest was 1-4 for 3 points with 5 rebounds and 7 assists. Was a pretty decent game for him but nothing incredible. Fisher was 3-9 on the game. Pau had a good first half, his best game was vs the Heat. G-lock went 5-8 and did something similar again tonight, he is a pretty decent shooter.

The lakers did not play as well as you think.

and yes... all good teams have to face people playing super hard against them to prove something. lakers just saw that tonight. its definitely no cause to be upset. The lakers cared about beating the clips more than the bucks tonight but they certainly didn't play over their heads. Blake had one of his best games btw.. Butler played really well.. I mean cmon. You're being silly.
    I double checked and edited stats in. I agree though that it's common sense that all good teams are going to get teams best shots. I just wish the Clippers didn't have that L . I miss being able to sneak up on good teams .

Banned

I agree with the jazz example though. Thats a major case of a team playing over their heads... Gets really annoying once in a while but sure beats being a fan of the team that has to play super well to stand a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    I agree with the jazz example though. Thats a major case of a team playing over their heads... Gets really annoying once in a while but sure beats being a fan of the team that has to play super well to stand a chance!
    Same with Sixers, Blazers (early on) and Pacers. All overachieving up till this point. Those teams will balance out once they start playing a lot of road games and playing stronger teams more consistently. Hell even the Clippers may struggle here this week. 6 out of 8 on the road vs VERY strong competition across the board. This is a week where the Clippers can really prove they are legit. Or prove that they need more time and have a ton to improve on.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    They were playing up to the Clippers compared to other games like tonight's 3 point win over the Kings. They set out to show the Clippers up and make a statement. I'm not saying it means the Jazz are bad. Just saying everybody wants to give the Clippers their best shot.. the same way people wanted to with Miami last year. Anybody who watches basketball can acknowledge this.
    Look, there are about 7-8 awesome teams in the NBA who win because they're damn good. Then there are 7-8 teams bad teams in the NBA who lose because they're just awful. In both these cases, the teams are pretty consistent. The there are 14-16 teams in the league that are somewhere in the middle. Some of those teams are pretty good, some are kinda bad, some are young and on the rise, some are old and on the way out. They all have one thing in common, though, they are inconsistent.

That's where the Jazz fall. If the Jazz could play like they did in 6-7 of their wins every night, they'd be awesome. If they played every game like they did the first couple, I'd be posting a lot more in the NCAA forum and looking forward to a top-3 pick. The Jazz are young and inconsistent. The Lakers are old and inconsistent. Same thing. If they played every night like they did against the Clippers, they'd be a top-3 team in the West. If they played like tonight every night, the Lakers fans would be posting endless threads about Harrison Barnes or whomever.

And no, the Jazz are not better than the Clippers. Not even close. The sense of entitlement I'm talking about is the fact that when the Clippers win, you act like it's the normal state of things. When the Clippers lose, you act like it's a massive stroke of luck for the other team. As if the Clippers cannot lose unless the other team all have games of their lives. Believe me, it's got nothing to do with the Clippers. The Jazz have beaten some good teams this year, and lost to some bad teams. The Lakers beat some good teams and lost to some bad ones. It's just inconsistency. It's not some massive conspiracy where the Jazz get into Mormon berserker-lust before they play the Clippers and then just lay down against the Raptors.