Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #16
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation
Default Re: Timberwolves want Gasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
This is a message board. Anyone can respond to any comment that is posted. You do understand how that works, right?

Regarding me being a "troll". Just because I don't worship at the feet of a bunch of guys on a particular basketball team, like you do, doesn't make me a "troll".

Seems to me that you are more of a groupie than a fan. Do you wear t-shirts with pictures of basketball players on them? Pathetic...

Actually the fact that you don't worship Laker purple is not what makes you a troll. We always enjoy good basketball discussion in here from fans or non fans. What makes you a troll is that you "troll" the board looking for comments or commentators that you have issue with, and personally attack them. Like in the post above. I was having a conversation with Balls Out and Lakers Kobe Fan about threads they had made. Immediately, like 5 guys started with the "fing Laker fans are stupid and the fing Lakers suck" posts, then both threads spiralled into personal attacks against them, instead of focusing on the basketball content in their posts. My post had absolutely nothing to do with you Mr. Sax, not a thing. Then you send your personal attack. It's out of place. This is a basketball discussion board and
we are in the Laker team forum. Talk about basketball. What did I ever do to you to justify personal attacks? I'm a good guy. I served my country for 12 years. I'm happily married to a stunningly beautiful woman who is way above me. I have 3 beautiful daughters. I own a very successful business. I am a truly blessed person. I try to be kind to anyone who enters into my life. I believe in building people up. You apparently believe in trying to tear people down. And you call me pathetic? Why so angry?

Look, let's bury this thing dude. You seem like an intelligent guy. If I said or did something that upset you I am sorry for that. When LakerFreak intervened in an earlier arguement we had, I thought I did apologize to you and hoped we could move on as friends. Why don't we do that now?

I remember you saying you were from Jersey, or was it upstate New York? Spent 4 years at West Point and I fell in love with that part of the country. Are you still up there now?
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #17
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89

Actually the fact that you don't worship Laker purple is not what makes you a troll. We always enjoy good basketball discussion in here from fans or non fans. What makes you a troll is that you "troll" the board looking for comments or commentators that you have issue with, and personally attack them. Like in the post above. I was having a conversation with Balls Out and Lakers Kobe Fan about threads they had made. Immediately, like 5 guys started with the "fing Laker fans are stupid and the fing Lakers suck" posts, then both threads spiralled into personal attacks against them, instead of focusing on the basketball content in their posts. My post had absolutely nothing to do with you Mr. Sax, not a thing. Then you send your personal attack. It's out of place. This is a basketball discussion board and
we are in the Laker team forum. Talk about basketball. What did I ever do to you to justify personal attacks? I'm a good guy. I served my country for 12 years. I'm happily married to a stunningly beautiful woman who is way above me. I have 3 beautiful daughters. I own a very successful business. I am a truly blessed person. I try to be kind to anyone who enters into my life. I believe in building people up. You apparently believe in trying to tear people down. And you call me pathetic? Why so angry?

Look, let's bury this thing dude. You seem like an intelligent guy. If I said or did something that upset you I am sorry for that. When LakerFreak intervened in an earlier arguement we had, I thought I did apologize to you and hoped we could move on as friends. Why don't we do that now?

I remember you saying you were from Jersey, or was it upstate New York? Spent 4 years at West Point and I fell in love with that part of the country. Are you still up there now?

Well said.

From Queens Village, Queens. Lived in NYC many years, college in Boston. Been in LA almost 1 year. West Point area is beautiful. Straight up the Hudson.

Good to talk with you.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #18
Robster89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
Well said.

From Queens Village, Queens. Lived in NYC many years, college in Boston. Been in LA almost 1 year. West Point area is beautiful. Straight up the Hudson.

Good to talk with you.

Good to talk to you too bro!
Love NYC. The most exciting place on the planet.
Yes, the Hudson Valley is beautiful, still have a sister and neices in Newburgh.
We should get Lakerfreak to organize a happy hour and I'll buy you a beer.
What made you move to LA? Work?
I live in San Diego (that's where I'm from too).
Spent college at West Point, then Ranger school in Georgia, then all over the world in the Army. Came back to Socal and got my grad degree at UCLA (LA is cool, but I'll take LowCal over SoCal anyday).
Really glad we can be friends dude.
Sorry about calling you a troll. You're not. I can tell by your posts you are a very inteligent guy.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #19
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Robster89 & Mr. Sax, I'm glad you guys worked that out

New Yorkers can be very blunt with strong opinions......but that doesn't make them bad people.......uncaring yes, but bad no (just kidding )
We are all Lakers fans who want the best for our team, we all may disagree but we need to disagree with respect for each other.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #20
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

New Yorkers can be very blunt with strong opinions......but that doesn't make them bad people.......uncaring yes, but bad no (just kidding )
We are all Lakers fans who want the best for our team, we all may disagree but we need to disagree with respect for each other.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #21
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Quote:

I lol'ed
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:28 AM   #22
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Agreed. Let's show some Laker love guys.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I'd try for Barea too. I think Minny would trade anyone in this deal except Love, Rubio and Pek.

Williams
Beasley
Budinger
Barea
Can they work a S&T for an UFA like Mayo this way?
Picks

NO... substitute Pek for Beasley, skip the Mayo

Williams, Pekovic, Budinger and Barea (trade works)

We get Williams and Pek to fill Pau's minutes, we get a
better backup PG, and Budinger can backup MWP. And
cap relief....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #24
DKLaker

Hey Robster89, just wanted to add that it was very classy the way you handled the situation.
I also want to thank you for your service to our country, not enough people say thanks IMO, but I am very patriotic and love the U.S.A......flaws and all
Old 07-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #25
Robster89

Quote:
Hey Robster89, just wanted to add that it was very classy the way you handled the situation.
I also want to thank you for your service to our country, not enough people say thanks IMO, but I am very patriotic and love the U.S.A......flaws and all

Hey DK, thanks very much for saying that man. I really appreciate it. I love this country too. I've been a lot of places all over the world, and no one has what we have here. Our freedom. At church over the weekend we had a celebration of God and Country, and they give medals to all servicemen and women. It was touching. I did notice that the WW2 vets are starting to thin out. They really were our greatest generation, and we should all be thankful for them. I saw action in Desert Storm, (the first Gulf War, plus a few other places), and we always had a major advantage in technology and information. These guys in WW2 never had that. They went up against the full might of the Third Reich and the Japanese Empire. I always like to watch "Saving Private Ryan" around this time of year. That movie really shows the sacrifice those brave men and women made, and they made it for us, the future generations of Americans. God bless them, and thanks again DK.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #26
DKLaker

Quote:
Hey DK, thanks very much for saying that man. I really appreciate it. I love this country too. I've been a lot of places all over the world, and no one has what we have here. Our freedom. At church over the weekend we had a celebration of God and Country, and they give medals to all servicemen and women. It was touching. I did notice that the WW2 vets are starting to thin out. They really were our greatest generation, and we should all be thankful for them. I saw action in Desert Storm, (the first Gulf War, plus a few other places), and we always had a major advantage in technology and information. These guys in WW2 never had that. They went up against the full might of the Third Reich and the Japanese Empire. I always like to watch "Saving Private Ryan" around this time of year. That movie really shows the sacrifice those brave men and women made, and they made it for us, the future generations of Americans. God bless them, and thanks again DK.

You're welcome.

A couple weeks ago I made my 4th or 5th visit to Pearl Harbor, I always talk to the service men and women there before and after going to the U.S.S Arizona Memorial, there is a great video you watch before boarding the boat. I have relatives stationed there and as civilians working there in important positions. I'm very much into history and yeah, I can't even imagine the courage of those who fought in WW2.....I'm tough, but I'm a b!tch compared to those guys I volunteer and donate to active duty and veterans causes, withought them there is no US
Old 07-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #27
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
You're welcome.

A couple weeks ago I made my 4th or 5th visit to Pearl Harbor, I always talk to the service men and women there before and after going to the U.S.S Arizona Memorial, there is a great video you watch before boarding the boat. I have relatives stationed there and as civilians working there in important positions. I'm very much into history and yeah, I can't even imagine the courage of those who fought in WW2.....I'm tough, but I'm a b!tch compared to those guys I volunteer and donate to active duty and veterans causes, withought them there is no US

Very well said DKLaker "making me proud to have served twenty years on Active Duty". Pearl Harbor is a great place to visit, but that video is something else.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #28
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Very well said DKLaker "making me proud to have served twenty years on Active Duty". Pearl Harbor is a great place to visit, but that video is something else.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: