Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Bill Walton was voted the #39 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops.

13.3 PPG | 10.5 RPG | 3.4 APG

2x NBA Champion
    NBA Finals MVP
    NBA Most Valuable Player

Banned

Default Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Vote - Paul Pierce

Without a doubt a top 40-50 player of all-time, 4th/5th greatest Celtic ever with Dave Cowens. He should be above Iverson too.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

McHale

Local High School Star

I'm still in awe that iverson was voted at 36....

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Vote - Paul Pierce

Without a doubt a top 40-50 player of all-time, 4th/5th greatest Celtic ever with Dave Cowens. He should be above Iverson too.
    i love pierce but your out of your damn mind...pierce is more like top 55-60

ill go walton here

Kevin Mchale

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    i love pierce but your out of your damn mind...pierce is more like top 55-60

ill go walton here
    Walton just got enshrined unless you are voting for Luke Walton.

Local High School Star

Walton just got enshrined unless you are voting for Luke Walton.
    lmao good catch...my bad...kevin mchale for me

Unseld, McHale, Hayes would be the next three for me, the order is always interesting to discuss.

Unseld brings the most oddly complete resume and the greatest reputation as an ideal teammate and constant winner to the table. Hayes brings the numbers like few if any left can rival, and McHale brings the winning pedigree and all-around impact that a lot of basketball fans love.

I'd take this front court guys over comparable back-courters still on the board like Kidd, Payton and the Iceman.

Banned

I find it funny that people are voting for Mchale yet in the Ray vs. Manu thread, people were saying it's Ray because Manu was a bench player while Ray was a starter.

Well guess what? Mchale was a bench player for more than half of his career as well while Pierce has always been a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    Unseld, McHale, Hayes would be the next three for me, the order is always interesting to discuss.

Unseld brings the most oddly complete resume and the greatest reputation as an ideal teammate and constant winner to the table. Hayes brings the numbers like few if any left can rival, and McHale brings the winning pedigree and all-around impact that a lot of basketball fans love.

I'd take this front court guys over comparable back-courters still on the board like Kidd, Payton and the Iceman.
    I'm pretty embarrassed about my lack of knowledge of the NBA during the mid-late 70s (pre-shot clock era as well, but that's a discussion for another day)...games are just so hard to come by (while almost every playoff game from 80 on is available online somewhere)

are there any complete online games or decent books you'd recommend checking out to fill the mental gap?

Am I the only one who thinks Kidd should be in here? Took a Godawful team to the finals twice, was a great defender at the PG position, smart as hell and an excellent rebounder. I know, I know, his scoring may have sucked, but his longevity, defense, smarts and just about everything else made up for it and even more

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
    Am I the only one who thinks Kidd should be in here? Took a Godawful team to the finals twice, was a great defender at the PG position, smart as hell and an excellent rebounder. I know, I know, his scoring may have sucked, but his longevity, defense, smarts and just about everything else made up for it and even more
    I voted Kidd in the last topic and will vote for him again here.

Local High School Star

I find it funny that people are voting for Mchale yet in the Ray vs. Manu thread, people were saying it's Ray because Manu was a bench player while Ray was a starter.

Well guess what? Mchale was a bench player for more than half of his career as well while Pierce has always been a starter.
    Thats an absolutely completely different argument...manu was never an mvp candidate whereas mchale won mvp in his career which is saying soemthing...mchale was the man in his tenure with the blazers leading them to a title and snagging a finals mvp while he was at it...he has way more nba accolades then manu...saying manu was better then ray is flat out ridiculous because manu never played more then 30 minutes a game in his entire career even in his peak...ill definitely take the guy that can give you 40 minutes a game and carry the team on his shoulders night in a night out 10 times out of 10

also there are at least 10 other ppl to put over pierce...im a huge pierce guy but hes not a top 50 player of all time let alone top 40

No Bob Mcadoo yet?