Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Female ish: How do you get out of a serious relationship?

Dude wtf, you're still with her?

What keeps you going back? Because you're afraid of her being hurt? That's not cool man.

You need to create a fight and just end it. I was in a similar situation as you with my ex. I knew I didn't want to marry her, was with her for almost 3 years and just got into a fight with her. And then I said this is not going to work. I took the jump. At the time I was like HELL YEAH I DID IT. The next few days I was miserable. But I got back in touch with my best friend and we were miserable together just chillin and we shared our stories with exes and eventually you get over it. Just take the jump dude. Life is too damn short to stick with someone because you don't wanna see someone heartbroken. You're young as hell.

DO IT.

There is no encouragement. You know what you have to do.

Do it. Tell her you need a few months to yourself, or outright break up with her.

And if you don't feel comfortable doing it, if you don't like confrontation or change... Then tell her that she needs to behave in a different way towards you, or you have to answer back and not only act pissed, but really mad. She needs to see she is fvcking up.

If you can't tell her to change , or can't bring yourself to break up.....

Then you have become too dependant on her, in more ways than just emotionally. Read up on that topic, this is not the way you are supposed to be living life.

Not trying to be harsh man, just being honest.

Love Live Life

Just tell her. Y'all don't have kids so it shouldn't be that hard unless you just don't wanna say goodbye

Let me ask you, are you always miserable with her? Or is it just after a fight? Are there good times? Or even when you aren't fighting with her, you still feel trapped?

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Let me ask you, are you always miserable with her? Or is it just after a fight? Are there good times? Or even when you aren't fighting with her, you still feel trapped?
    Thanks for your advice in the post above as well....and not always miserable but I'd say a good 70% of the time.

It's all one big ****ing cycle. 2 horrible weeks, 1 great week, 2 horrible, etc etc. I mean it's to the point when she is so controlling over everything I do, beyond clingy, and not independent WHAT SO EVER.

I'm always on my toes afraid to make a mistake...it's terrible. It's even worse that she blames me for her being pissy/upset/total c*nt all the time.

End this horrible relationship right now, not tomorrow, not next week, tonight - right now, period. You're being a coward that's the only reason this thread is still alive. Get off the f*cking computer and tell her it's over.

You're 22 nikka, get out of this shite before its too late, too young for that.

As said before, you really got to look out for your best interests, and being with her seems to be pretty bad for you. Life sucks, don't make it worse, cut away from as much shit bringing you down as possible.

Instigate a fight, have her get lubed up for a verbal assault of all of her hurtful transgressions and things she has done to harm you over the term of the relationship then punctuate with this EXACT motion and tone of voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhkNLHictW8

... or maybe that's just what I would like to happen. Good luck tho

Enjoy your wedding!!!

End it now. I hoped this got bumped so that you could say that it's over but this is bad. Tell the b*tch to kick the road.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Thanks for your advice in the post above as well....and not always miserable but I'd say a good 70% of the time.

It's all one big ****ing cycle. 2 horrible weeks, 1 great week, 2 horrible, etc etc. I mean it's to the point when she is so controlling over everything I do, beyond clingy, and not independent WHAT SO EVER.

I'm always on my toes afraid to make a mistake...it's terrible. It's even worse that she blames me for her being pissy/upset/total c*nt all the time.
    Yep, stop being a p*ssy bro. Life isn't that long and do you really wanna go through this for the rest of it. It sucks thinking about it but once you end it, it'll feel like a burden got lifted off you

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Yep, stop being a p*ssy bro. Life isn't that long and do you really wanna go through this for the rest of it. It sucks thinking about it but once you end it, it'll feel like a burden got lifted off you
    Sorry man but a year has gone by and you're still in this horrible relationship. Stop being a pu$$y and get on with it! Just say to her "I hate being in this relationship, it's over between us and I don't want to see you again".

If you want I'll do it for you?

I was in a very similar relationship. Man, it was just hard to break up because me and this girl had not much middle ground. We were ethier really happy or fighting like crazy. Was with her for 2 years and gotdamn, she annoyed the shit out me at times. Always F.ucken bitching about some shit is not nice enough (like a decent hotel or bar simply to watch a game) when I'm the one paying. It's like c'mon bitch. We are In Vegas to ****en enjoy shit and be out not stay in the f.ucken hotel. And we would stay at nice hotels, it just wasn't the top notch expensive AF ones. I saw no point. Were there for 3 days, we just need... Nvm. This is about you.

Bro, you need to just take a shot of alcohol before you tell her. It sounds like you're suffering from "there's a good moment every 2 weeks" tjat gives you hope and shit that you'll continue with This bullshit. I was in your shoes, you know how f.ucken much happier I am to NOT deal with this crazy annoying manipulating B!? F.uck man it's a new world. Never enjoyed being single so much and banging all types of chicks!

Do it man. Enjoy being 22. You'll hit 25, then 30 and be married with regret soon

Banned

We've had so many fights in the past and I have talked about a lot of this. We pretend everything is fine and move on when it's really not. She has no respect for me at all. Literally cusses at me and gets upset at everything. I just don't understand man...I do so much for her. But there's my problem. I'm not assertive and end up taking the flak. Sometimes she will go on a tirade about how much she hates me and wants to break up...that can't be normal? I just wish I had some balls.
    Dawg she's probably borderline personality disorder. They just irrationally hate people for no reason, or irrationally idealize them and will never change without loads and loads of behavioral modification therapy. They have no concept of middle ground, or any concept that something might be their fault.

Does she avoid blaming herself for things? Does she ever take responsibility? Does she go back and forth and random from irrationally hating someone to liking them? Do you feel like you have to walk on egg shells around her in fear of her blowing up irrationally?

Rip this chick off like a bandaid and dont contact her. Just cus you been together 2 years you dont owe eachother anything. If she is making you feel bad about yourself its not a good relationship to be in. Talk to her, tell her why you're breaking up with her, delete her number and facebook.

Next comes the hardest part, she will come to you asking to get back together, acting very sweet and probably dressed in a short skirt. At this point you must be strong and tell her no.

That will likely bruise her ego enough to not contact you anymore. If you do hook up with her when she comes back begging, you will fall back in to the same pattern.

Banned

It's not that I'm afraid to be single. I guess I have become very attached...barely ever hang out with others anymore. I really do care about her feelings and her emotions though. It would probably kill me inside to think that she's heartbroken or what ever.

The problem is that she doesn't think she's wrong. She has a major ego problem and doesn't even know it. It's just so sad that I've invested so much into this. But I wouldn't want this for the rest of my life.
    yep shes very likely borderline personality disorder. This bish is never going to change. I dated a girl like this once, sounds exactly like your one, only difference is I would call her out on bullshit when she tried to blame me for things I didnt do and I wouldnt be her bitch. But yeh everytime I tried to do something nice for her, like get her dinner somewhere nice or take her somewhere cool she'd just find some bullshit to complain about, and rarely said thank you as if she was entitled to shit.

I stayed with her longer then I should have because she was really hot and I tried very hard to convince her to get help, because I realized about a year in there was something messed up about her. But the fact she was hot and sex was good made me stick around a year too long, wound up dating that ho for 2 years sheeeit..

GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN BRO! Its hard but its the right thing to do. There's no reason you should make yourself miserable just to appease this one psycho chick.