Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-02-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Carmelo Anthony vs Caron Butler Showdown!

who do you choose? and why? explain.
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony vs Caron Butler Showdown!

caron recently had a string of hot games, but let's be real. he ain't at carmelo's level.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #3
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Caron has a much better all-around game but Melo is a BEAST in the post.

Melo for now...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:04 AM   #4
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh3
who do you choose? and why? explain.

god, you should be banned for making this horrible thread, whats next? LeBron or Richard Jefferson?
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:15 AM   #5
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

the difference between Melo and Caron is that Melo is more talented and brings it every night.

other than that they've very similar. they both beat you with strength and positioning. they both score in similar ways although Melo is better in the post and Caron's a better shooter (although the difference in post skill > the difference in shooting ability). but the main thing is Melo comes every night. he doesn't have 6 or 8 point showings like Caron is known to have (although it helps that Caron has 2 other 20+ppg scorers on his team to take pressure off; it remains to be seen how he functions with pressure in the long term.)
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:57 AM   #6
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Caron has better all around skills, esp at the defensive end.
Melo is a better pure shooter, and may score more points, but he is the designated scorer on that squad.
If you believe points are most important, then Melo is your man.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #7
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

The guy who's name starts with a 'C.'
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #8
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
The guy who's name starts with a 'C.'

Ill even give a better hit and give the next 2 letters in his name it is "a" and "r."
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:08 AM   #9
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Ill even give a better hit and give the next 2 letters in his name it is "a" and "r."
Another hint, he also made his first all-star appearance last season.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #10
HardTattooedThug
Serious playground baller

HardTattooedThug has decent reputation

This thread is embarassing to Carmelo Anthony. He should be compared to elite players only, no offense to Caron.
HardTattooedThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #11
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Melo is a better pure shooter, and may score more points, but he is the designated scorer on that squad.
while I don't know a ton about Melo, from the point of view of a guy who knows a lot about Caron, I really, really doubt this is accurate. I can't be sure though, I don't watch Melo much. the notion that Caron has "all around skills" just doesn't add up to me. if you want to overly generalize, Caron isn't good at anything other than scoring either.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:23 AM   #12
HardTattooedThug
Serious playground baller

HardTattooedThug has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
while I don't know a ton about Melo, from the point of view of a guy who knows a lot about Caron, I really, really doubt this is accurate. I can't be sure though, I don't watch Melo much. the notion that Caron has "all around skills" just doesn't add up to me. if you want to overly generalize, Caron isn't good at anything other than scoring either.

Melo has skills besides scoring. namely a great handle for someone his size, and excellent passing ability (needs to use this more, he is a truely gifted passer. great timing). he is even a solid rebounder, part of the reason he only grabs 5 per game is he is always sprinting upcourt after a shot instead of chasing the rebound. but he has the ability.

Plus his shot is just beautiful, far better than LeBron's. He may have the best shot in the NBA for a non-guard.
HardTattooedThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:18 AM   #13
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
If you believe points are most important, then Melo is your man.

Melo getting more praise during the FIBA games than Kobe really cut you deep didn't it?
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:20 AM   #14
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

There is this misconception that Caron Butler is a good defender... I dont know where it came from, because he is not a good defender at all, especially on the perimeter. He gets beat all day. I love Caron and the toughness he brings to my favorite team, but he is a terrible defender. He seriously has awful lateral quickness.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:37 AM   #15
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardTattooedThug
This thread is embarassing to Carmelo Anthony. He should be compared to elite players only, no offense to Caron.

seriously, ish is getting out of control. if u think this was bad, there was another thread that compared melo to another guy...i dont remember know his name. thats how bad it was.
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: