Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Article: Los Angeles Times - Fisher dialed in from long distance

D Fish has been an upgrade for the Lakers in every respect!

To view the entire article, click on the link below:
-----------------------------------------------

Quote:

How hot is Derek Fisher's shot?

"You can't leave him open right now," forward Lamar Odom said. "He's stretching that court out for us."

Indeed, the 12-year veteran has added a dimension to a depleted Lakers team that desperately needs offense wherever it can get it, particularly from the outside.

Fisher, 33, is on target for career highs in shooting percentage (48%) and three-point percentage (46%), and is relatively close to another career-high pace with 12.5 points a game.

With every game, it's become more and more obvious how fortunate the Lakers are to have Fisher on their roster.

A steadying influence in many ways, Fisher scored 28 points and made six of seven shots from three-point range in the Lakers' bounce-back 116-99 victory Monday against Denver. That they needed a boost after a languid loss to Phoenix would be an understatement.

"With Andrew [Bynum] out and Trevor [Ariza] out -- guys that have been effective for us in different spots -- we're going to need guys to be willing to step up and take some more accountability, basically, for how our team performs," Fisher said. "I wanted to be one of those guys."

He was. Fisher scored 16 of the Lakers' first 24 points against Denver and, for the second time this month, brushed up against his career high for points in a game (29).

"I didn't realize I had 16 in the opening quarter, which is really funny," he said. "It was a good feeling because we needed it. We needed to have a good first quarter, get the fans into the game and behind us and get ourselves going as a team."

Fisher's career bests are 43.7% shooting in 2002-03, 41.3% from three-point range in 2001-02 and 13.3 points a game in 2005-06.

Source: Fisher dialed in from long distance

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people
Default Re: Article: Los Angeles Times - Fisher dialed in from long distance

Fisher is king...

Great article, thanks SocalMike.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its great that he has so much confidence in his shot right now especially with our injury situation.

Kobe should keep on playing playmaker. I was glad that Kobe took it to Anthony's face and we completely showed denver up.

I dont care if they didnt have Anthony, they are still a team 10 times more talented than us and we have missing players too.

so yeah...no excuse for denver. We beat them badly.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation

I recall people bashing his signing.. but man he has always been rock solid defensively and his effort alone gives him chances. His knowledge and execution of the triangle is invaluable.. and what he learned uptempo in Golden state and Utah could only help our young bucks here. His leaving and coming back was a Godsend. That and how he is about the only player that could pull Kobe aside and tell him to reel it in when needed if he got outta control at season's start.

His mentoring Farmar and Crit will only produce excellent tutored Guards.. where they go from there is really dependent on them.

Glad to have ya FISH!
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far

When I was in rehab in Utah last year, the only thing I could do that gave me any pleasure was watch NBA games. Because it was Salt Lake, the only games that were ever on were Jazz games. It was through Fish that I was able to get into the Jazz, and Fisher being with the Jazz that year really cheered me up, it reminded me how it was like back at home in LA, cheering for NBA games, and because it couldn't be my Lakers, atleast cheering for Fish. The day I get out of rehab and come home, I learn that the Lakers had resigned Fish. Derek Fisher, thank you, you have helped me in more ways then you can imagine and without even actually doing anything but sign a contract. A model ball player on the court and off it, Fish, you have my HoF vote
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: