Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #46
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: when's the last time you've cried?

The last time I cried was in mid-August. We had just finished moving out of the house me and my family had lived in since I was 3 years old and I stayed a day longer in a hotel to hang out with my friends. We moved to Houston and so I drove around my city one last time and made the trekk to Houston. As soon as I got to the house we moved into, walked around for a bit then I went into my new bathroom and just sat on the toilet and cried.

Just knowing that I would never be walking around in that house ever again or sleeping in my bedroom ever again and never really coming "home" ever again is what did it. Now, I just go visit where my parents live and not really visiting "home." That was the first time I had cried in a very long time.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #47
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
The last time I cried was in mid-August. We had just finished moving out of the house me and my family had lived in since I was 3 years old and I stayed a day longer in a hotel to hang out with my friends. We moved to Houston and so I drove around my city one last time and made the trekk to Houston. As soon as I got to the house we moved into, walked around for a bit then I went into my new bathroom and just sat on the toilet and cried.

Just knowing that I would never be walking around in that house ever again or sleeping in my bedroom ever again and never really coming "home" ever again is what did it. Now, I just go visit where my parents live and not really visiting "home." That was the first time I had cried in a very long time.
It's just a house man... all the memories don't get sold too....
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #48
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Wait, you just moved out of the house, or your whole family did?

I know that feeling. No matter where I went, or where I laid my head at night, the house that I was in till October was "home", regardless of how many times I moved out and moved back in. Then it got foreclosed. I moved out in the middle of October I think it was, and it wasn't a great feeling, as it was the last holdover from "better times" if you will. I still haven't gotten my address changed on my license or anything because I think subconsciously I still don't wanna accept that my life is completely different than it was a few short years ago, and not for the better, and that house was the last holdover. But, due to the economy, the house is still vacant, so sometimes (weather permitting, as it's really cold in the winter and there's no heat in the house) I'll go and sit there to be alone with my thoughts. It's kind of really ****ing depressing, but at the same time, therapeutic maybe? I dunno how to describe it. Or spell that word relating to therapy.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #49
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
It's just a house man... all the memories don't get sold too....

lol...it's not just a house dude. It's a home.

And when I go see my parents, it's in Houston. Not in Dallas. So the whole winter break I was only able to see my friends back in Dallas for four days when I came to visit. That was also another reason.

Last edited by Hawker : 02-26-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #50
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
lol...it's not just a house dude. It's a home.

And when I go see my parents, it's in Houston. Not in Dallas. So the whole winter break I was only able to see my friends back in Dallas for four days when I came to visit. That was also another reason.
ahhh now that part would suck... not seeing my boys when I came home from breaks would be weak as hell
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #51
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
Wait, you just moved out of the house, or your whole family did?

I know that feeling. No matter where I went, or where I laid my head at night, the house that I was in till October was "home", regardless of how many times I moved out and moved back in. Then it got foreclosed. I moved out in the middle of October I think it was, and it wasn't a great feeling, as it was the last holdover from "better times" if you will. I still haven't gotten my address changed on my license or anything because I think subconsciously I still don't wanna accept that my life is completely different than it was a few short years ago, and not for the better, and that house was the last holdover. But, due to the economy, the house is still vacant, so sometimes (weather permitting, as it's really cold in the winter and there's no heat in the house) I'll go and sit there to be alone with my thoughts. It's kind of really ****ing depressing, but at the same time, therapeutic maybe? I dunno how to describe it. Or spell that word relating to therapy.

Damn bro, that's deep. If I could get into my old house, I sure as hell would but there's already a couple moved in with a baby. I don't ever want to go in again b/c of that. I always want to have the image of a nice home with all the furniture exactly where it was and my room exactly how it was. If I go in, that image would probably change.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #52
SLY
Brooklyn Lopez

SLY has an OK reputation so far

When i was born
SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #53
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime

whats her name?

Kalyn (pronounced Kay-Len)

Last edited by Meticode : 02-26-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: