Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
chairman
The Return

chairman has decent reputationchairman has decent reputation
Default Posting up

Quick Question, when i am posting up, am i allowed to lower my shoulder a bit when im down low in the paint? I don't even think i am lowering my shoulder but the guy i was playing kept calling it
chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Posting up

As in lowering your shoulder before you jump up for hook etc.? or lowering your should as your driving across for a running hook? If you could clarify it would be great

Anyway when it comes to lowering your shoulder it's only a problem if you create space by practically ramming your way through someone with it, slight movements that don't directly put yourself at an advantage are usually fine. If you clear up what you meant in your original post then i could give you a better answer though
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
chairman
The Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
As in lowering your shoulder before you jump up for hook etc.? or lowering your should as your driving across for a running hook? If you could clarify it would be great

Anyway when it comes to lowering your shoulder it's only a problem if you create space by practically ramming your way through someone with it, slight movements that don't directly put yourself at an advantage are usually fine. If you clear up what you meant in your original post then i could give you a better answer though

http://www.life.com/image/81609353

dribbling and moving closer to the hoop, and im apparently shouldering to get closer to the hoop to lay it in on the defender...defnly not ramming anyone...not driving or anything just trying to post it in somehow...like the pic i posted
Old 03-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you're talking about just backing down then it sounds to me like you're playing with a b!tch defender

Sounds like an excuse because he can't handle you down low if you ask me
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
chairman
The Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
If you're talking about just backing down then it sounds to me like you're playing with a b!tch defender

Sounds like an excuse because he can't handle you down low if you ask me
thanks i didn't know how to word it properly.....would rep ya if i could

btw the b**** defender is my brother

Last edited by chairman : 03-21-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

In college you can't dip your shoulder and ram it in to your defender. In the NBA, you get called for it randomly. Dwight does it all the time and only get's called sometimes and mostly when his defender flops.

The way to post without getting called is to stick your but out and back your defender down with your rump. Watch the way Pau Gasol and Kobe back down their guys. Kobe backs down any 2 in the league just sticking his butt into them and getting wherever he wants. You will always be lower than your defender therefore unless they are just a tree or you are weak, you are going to back them down and you won't be fouling.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You're supposed to get position with your core/butt, not your shoulders. You can use your shoulder a bit when you make your move left or right... but you can't just bowl the guy over. He's entitled to his space just like you are.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: