Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: How do you view other races?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Funny, I was born in Mexico but raised in Chicago, I talk both English and Spanish fluently so what category do I fall in?
    If my calculations are correct, I'm pretty sure you fall in the smelly Mexican category

I hate some of my own people more so than other races. Just people who don't want to up hold their culture and think that replacing it with something else is better. Not to say that there are not things we can learn from other people and cultures but I hope you can do both to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    If my calculations are correct, I'm pretty sure you fall in the smelly Mexican category
    Yea, your momma loves my smelly Mexican cawk up her azz, ask your sister, they snowballed that jizzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    This simplistic and naive way of trying to distinct a humans ethnic, geographical, cultural or even religious affiliation by RACE seriously needs to stop.... race has no taxonomic significance to humans at all, all living humans belong to the same race, Homo sapiens.....

I know we humans are lonely in the universe so far (from what we know) as in we dont know of any real intelligent alien beings out there which we can truly say is a different RACE and hence finally maybe feel assimilation with all other humans... but this desperate racial classification of humans comes to serve as a way of naturalizing social and cultural stereotypes about racial groups and assimilation and non-assimilation, in turn justifying or motivating different forms of racism, loathing and even war etc. against eachother.......

Hell, this happens even amongst the same "race" in many places on earth, for example do you know here in Europe many are nationalists/racists against any other Europeans (even though they all are white) simply because they dont speak the same language and are not from the same country or maybe have different religion??

So, no i cant give you my view on the other "races" (unless you are talking about animals, aliens i havent met), but thats how i view the human race.........

But to try and answer you anyways all i can say is that all humans i have met in my life were all different, all had their own mind/thoughts/behaviour.... just because some humans were born on the same spot on earth or look kindof similar in colors doesnt mean their minds are universally applicable... I am with L.Kizzle on this one i guess...

this......

there is no such thing as Race.

Might as well say...

" How do you view Tall people?"

answer = Tall people are arrogant.....tall people steal from liitle folks.

"How do you view short people?"

answer = " Short people are ignorant.....Short people always acting up and startin sh!t"

again.....science shows us.....there is no such thing as race.

Great Post Pauk....( still bringing the rain)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    this......

there is no such thing as Race.

Might as well say...

" How do you view Tall people?"

answer = Tall people are arrogant.....tall people steal from liitle folks.

"How do you view short people?"

answer = " Short people are ignorant.....Short people always acting up and startin sh!t"

again.....science shows us.....there is no such thing as race.

Great Post Pauk....( still bringing the rain)

Ever heard of a Napoleon complex?

You dont think people's behavior and actions depend on culture, upbringing, gene code, climate, etc. etc.?

There are definite differences between different ethnicities and populations. People are trying to be politically correct because that line of thinking can lead to racism and bigotry.

Again individuals can be as different as light and day, but common people have common traits in general, both physiologically and behaviorally.

So I don't know wtf all this nonsense cumbaya and we are the world is coming from, don't worry no one is recording this besides the CIA

Ever heard of a Napoleon complex?

You dont think people's behavior and actions depend on culture, upbringing, gene code, climate, etc. etc.?

There are definite differences between different ethnicities and populations. People are trying to be politically correct because that line of thinking can lead to racism and bigotry.

Again individuals can be as different as light and day, but common people have common traits in general, both physiologically and behaviorally.

So I don't know wtf all this nonsense cumbaya and we are the world is coming from, don't worry no one is recording this besides the CIA
    are you agreeing or disagreeing?....

again...."Race"....has been proven by science as nothing more then a very old / Barbaric way to catogorize Humans by minor physical attributes ( tall/short/brown hair/blonde hair/ etc...etc..)

It has no purporse beyond social construct.

we are all of the same Human species....

there is no such thing as race.

again...."Race"....has been proven by science as nothing more then a very old / Barbaric way to catogorize Humans by minor physical attributes ( tall/short/brown hair/blonde hair/ etc...etc..)

Its not only physical attributes but mentality ones. Certain group seem to have different mentality, culture, work ethic, social ethics and they bring it whenever they move to as a group.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Its not only physical attributes but mentality ones. Certain group seem to have different mentality, culture, work ethic, social ethics and they bring it whenever they move to as a group.
    And the paper you are citing is where?

I am disagreeing with you. Call it what you want, race, ethnicity, ethno-cultural and sociological background, if you want to get finicky with the classification....people from certain cultural backgrounds tend to behave in more similar ways than people from completely other cultural backgrounds. In general.

This is a thread to make non politically correct observations about these similarities and differences.

Now, I think it's naive for people to come in here and say, there are no differences, we are all the same, all created equal, one giant human race, etc etc...

If you don't notice these quirks, then you are either completely sheltered from different ethno groups, you have terrible observation skills, or you are just being politically correct because society dictates it.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    And the paper you are citing is where?
    Seriously miller? I always found you to be astute and logical. So you are saying there are no behavioral similarities and differences between Mexicans and the Japanese?

The submissiveness of women, the concept of honor, the festive nature and overall less emphasis on heavy work loads in warmer climates? You don't think these things come into play?

Do you really need a scientific journal to point this out? Because there are probably a million such studies

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Seriously miller? I always found you to be astute and logical. So you are saying there are no behavioral similarities and differences between Mexicans and the Japanese?

The submissiveness of women, the concept of honor, the festive nature and overall less emphasis on heavy work loads in warmer climates? You don't think these things come into play?

Do you really need a scientific journal to point this out? Because there are probably a million such studies
    So you are saying that if a Japanese person was born in the US then they will still hold some sort of traditional Japanese concept of honor and work diligence?

There are racial differences but they would be both minute over all and have massive degrees of overlap that it makes these categorizations meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    So you are saying that if a Japanese person was born in the US then they will still hold some sort of traditional Japanese concept of honor and work diligence?

There are racial differences but they would be both minute over all and have massive degrees of overlap that it makes these categorizations meaningless.
    It really depends how assimilated and integrated in society they are. So if they are first or second degree immigrants living in a metropolis with heavy pockets of their own populations, they will obviously behave and adhere to some of those traits differently than if they are a fourth generation immigrant that grew up in the suburbs of averagetown, USA.

Now personally, I spoke about my experiences with different ethnicities in my city, Montreal, where different racial groups do tend to live within their own, while the city is able to remain devoid of too much racial tension and maintains a multicultural flavor. People tend to definitely act in a certain way depending on their cultural background

Chinese people can't drive for shit, I know they say Asians, but Japanese/Koreans aren't that bad.

Chinese males are horrible
    Chinese ladies are agents of death
    Old Chinese ladies are the horsemen of Apocalypse

Here most of the car accidents are due to Chinese drivers doing something completely retarded. My mom, brother and cousin have all gotten into accidents because of them.

They are the most dangerous objects on the road.

I don't care to generalize and put stupid labels on people based just on their appearance. I've hung out with a shitload of people from various groups and people are ****ing different especially in a half-assed classification like race. People say Asians are socially awkward? WTF, I've known a million that are far from that.

If you don't notice these quirks, then you are either completely sheltered from different ethno groups, you have terrible observation skills, or you are just being politically correct because society dictates it.
    Or, you've actually known many people that differ and don't fit into blanket statements. People have a tendency to ignore anything that goes against the nice, little generalizations they like to slap on people and just remember the ones that fit in (even if they don't exactly fit the stereotype). Perception and reality are often 2 very different things. People want to say 'latinas are fiery!' Shit, I've met many that are quiet and reserved. You'd have to set them on fire for them to be fiery.

People will surprise you if you give them a chance.