Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Blazers trade center Marcus Camby to Houston Rockets

LaMarcus Aldridge is PISSED right now.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    Camby has an offseason home in Houston.
    So? I could've sworn he mentioned last year he'd retire if the Blazers traded him.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Blazers trade center Marcus Camby to Houston Rockets

So the Blazers have 17 guys on the roster now, who they cutting?

Decent playground baller

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Blazers trade center Marcus Camby to Houston Rockets

I'm pleased but we could get better than this.

The Heat should try and steal Dalembert now. What's the point of Camby and Dalembert?

Boston could always try and get Dalembert. They need shot-blocking more than they need Kaman in the post. Seriously, Kaman's post game is not what Rondo wants. They're slow enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

I would think so...I'm pretty sure those guys are close. Tho I do think Chris Kaman is a good partner for LMA. Go after him in the Summer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    The Heat should try and steal Dalembert now. What's the point of Camby and Dalembert?
    A) Houston wouldn't have signed Dalembert if they looked to move him a few months later, particularly not for a close-to-retired Camby. They like Dalembert.

B) Do you not get how the cap works or something? The Heat are $21 million over the cap this season as it is. They couldn't part with anybody in a trade without making an already thin depth chart even thinner, or taking on more salary.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    A) Houston wouldn't have signed Dalembert if they looked to move him a few months later, particularly not for a close-to-retired Camby. They like Dalembert.

B) Do you not get how the cap works or something? The Heat are $21 million over the cap this season as it is. They couldn't part with anybody in a trade without making an already thin depth chart even thinner, or taking on more salary.

I don't know the Heat's cap situation. Don't know if they have a TPE or anything.

I just don't see the value in having Dalembert at $7Million a year and Camby as well. Then again, maybe they just want depth for the season. Then again, I'd rather have just one and get a different piece. If I'm the Heat or the Celtics I'd rather have traded some expiring contracts for Camby's shot blocking than to try and grab Chris Kaman. I know Boston has those expiring contracts.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 03-15-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I wouldn't be surprised if Camby retired. He's not going to be happy in Houston.
    He lives down here in the offseason and always wanted to play here.

If you have seen the Rockets this year, they still get killed on the boards and over powered in the paint. Sammy doesn't solve out their woes. Campy helps them stay in the playoff hunt.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    He shouldn't be. Aldridge should know as well as anybody that Camby has been poison this year. Next year, Alridge will get some lottery replacements for the loss of Roy and Oden, so he should be happy that this rebuild looks to be a quick one rather than delayed a couple years.

Droid...why would Houston trade for a Center when they have a Center named Samuel Dalembert who as YOU put it? Is helping them win.

Uber lulz to da fiftheeth powwah

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    He shouldn't be. Aldridge should know as well as anybody that Camby has been poison this year. Next year, Alridge will get some lottery replacements for the loss of Roy and Oden, so he should be happy that this rebuild looks to be a quick one rather than delayed a couple years.

If they get Anthony Davis...man...

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Droid...why would Houston trade for a Center when they have a Center named Samuel Dalembert who as YOU put it? Is helping them win.

Uber lulz to da fiftheeth powwah
    They shored up the bench! Sammy D starts (and blisters the other team with his hot touch!) then Camby comes in for some bench-time cleanup!

Dalembert Power!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

If they get Anthony Davis...man...
    I don't know much about Davis because I don't follow college ball closely, but *drools* just based on his reputation.

Banned

Houston get a nice jolt of veteran experience with Fisher/Camby. Not enough to put them over the top obviously but enough to spell starters and perhaps start in the event of unexpected injuries.

Dragic has an opportunity to learn from Nash and now Fisher in his first formative years in the league. Not a bad opportunity for the young fella.