Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default KD to the reporters: "You guys really don't know shit"

Durant's striking statement came in response to a question about continued speculation about Oklahoma City Thunder coach Scott Brooks' job security. Brooks has often fallen under media criticism the past few seasons, but Durant has always been quick to defend his coach, noting during his MVP speech that Brooks doesn't get any credit, "even though you deserve all of it."

Durant was later asked what kinds of questions he'd prefer the media to focus on.

"To be honest, man, I'm only here talking to y'all because I have to," Durant said. "So I really don't care. Y'all not my friends. You're going to write what you want to write. You're going to love us one day and hate us the next. That's a part of it. So I just learn how to deal with y'all."
    http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2015/s...?ex_cid=espnFB

Default Re: KD to the reporters: "You guys really don't know shit"

Damn, a servant no more!

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Damn, a servant no more!
    "My first few years in the league, I was just finding myself," Durant said Friday. "I think most of the time, I reacted based off of what everybody else wanted and how they viewed me as a person. I am just learning to be myself, not worrying about what everybody else says, I am going to make mistakes. I just want to show kids out here that athletes, entertainers, whoever, so-called celebrities, we aren't robots. We go through emotions and go through feelings and I am just trying to express mine and try to help people along the way. I am not going to sit here and tell you that I am just this guy that is programmed to say the right stuff all the time and politically correct answers. I am done with that. I am just trying to be me and continue to grow as a man."

On Friday, Durant also sounded off, saying he didn't think the media should vote for awards, instead favoring players to do it.
    KD is going on a tear post AS break.

That's the friggin attitute KD.

servant no more indeed

Not airballing my layups anymore

They all seem so angry in OKC.

It's a bit weird.

Westbrook refused to do the B.S. Report the other day as well because Bill Simmons won't stop bringing up the Harden trade.

do these dumb arrogant athletes understand that the media helps sell the nba brand? therefore helping pay these idiots their ridiculous money they dont even deserve in the first place? theres a reason why its in their contract to deal with the media, its business, be professional.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    do these dumb arrogant athletes understand that the media helps sell the nba brand? therefore helping pay these idiots their ridiculous money they dont even deserve in the first place? theres a reason why its in their contract to deal with the media, its business, be professional.
    100% agree

Ruthless.

Basically took a shit on everyone, including me.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

I love it.

Media tried to groom KD as their new pet, the anti-Lebron. Gave him an MVP. And he turned on them.

This is the real KD. He ain't a nice guy. He's just normal, like everyone else.

NBA Superstar

Yep. I don't understand why people are praising this. He makes millions of dollars and is the reigning MVP. Why should he care about what the media says?

Either he's stupid or a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25
    I love it.

Media tried to groom KD as their new pet, the anti-Lebron. Gave him an MVP. And he turned on them.

This is the real KD. He ain't a nice guy. He's just normal, like everyone else.

He gave himself that MVP. It was practically a unanimous vote. Durant could've been the biggest scumbag on the face of the Earth and he still would've gotten that award.

KD actually is a pretty "nice" guy. Actually one of the nicest in the league in terms of how he treats "average" people. There's not one story of Durant being a douche to a fan. It's the exact opposite.... he gets praised for treating people incredibly well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Yep. I don't understand why people are praising this. He makes millions of dollars and is the reigning MVP. Why should he care about what the media says?

Either he's stupid or a bitch.
    It's because the people praising this are angsty teenagers who dont recognize unprofessionalism when it's there.

Durant turns heal

Fck the media, they will twist everything around but you still have to kiss their butts?
    I appreciate him not being fake like the phony playing in Cleveland, but he's still gotta pick his battles better.

Without the players the NBA doesn't make a profit. And you have trouble understanding Durant's point. The media is cold hearted. No where in the contract does it say "You must talk to the media daily and accept the fact they will twist your words, create drama between teammates/coaches, spawn controversy from their a-holes. And still be around to give them the story they want even when its not accurate, full of shit and silly.". Sometimes the media pisses guys off, they are human. You act like they are machines. Athletes need to be professional but so does the media. It should be a two way street. They also need to be understanding as well.

You're clearly a clueless individual.
    Last edited by GOBB; 02-16-2015 at 12:06 PM.

They play the game at its highest level and make the league a ton of money and most of it goes to the owners yet they don't deserve the money? Do you know how professional sports work?