Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis

Default Re: Anthony Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Cousins would dominate in any era.
    He's good but he doesn't dominate the 90s era.

One of a kind superstar for me.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Davis just a garbage man? Wow... This dude is legit.

I was def wrong about AD. I didn't think he could ever be a high level scorer, but it seems like he can getm.

I also thought Jimmer would be a good 6th man type.

-Smak

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    Davis just a garbage man? Wow... This dude is legit.
    pauk

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Damn Budadiiii goin buck...........
    he splittin this moe / Cocaine double team like he peak Wade SMH

got Cocaine like........."BACKUP!!!"

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Nah.

What did he do?

At the end of the day, it's just a 1 game sample size. No need to overreact. I know you want to prove the guy who said he was just a garbage man wrong, but only time can do that. It's not up to you, it's up to Anthony himself.

Right now, Anthony is just a very good garbage man. He cleans up nice, but doesn't do much else.

So right now, you're wrong.
    that's just flat out stupid

Quote Originally Posted by allball
    He's trolling because he doesn't like the OP. Don't take it too seriously.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allball
    it's the truth - he is a garbage man - all his buckets are either putbacks, transition, or play-finishing (open jumpers or at-rim looks - BOTH set up by guards).

but in previous eras, there weren't as many garbage buckets available because the floor wasn't spaced by 3-pointers and packing the paint was standard because there was no defensive 3 seconds - this is what a REAL packed paint looks like:

davis would not be nearly as effective in a game where defenses packed the paint and there was no spacing - these things reduce the number of garbage buckets available and would force him to create his own shot in order to score a material amount.

i can't think of one garbage man from previous eras that could average 20 ppg... that's only possible today.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    it's the truth - he is a garbage man - all his buckets are either putbacks, transition, or play-finishing (open jumpers or at-rim looks - BOTH set up by guards).

but in previous eras, there weren't as many garbage buckets available because the floor wasn't spaced by 3-pointers and packing the paint was standard because there was no defensive 3 seconds - this is what a REAL packed paint looks like:

davis would not be nearly as effective in a game where defenses packed the paint and there was no spacing - these things reduce the number of garbage buckets available and would force him to create his own shot in order to score a material amount.

i can't think of one garbage man from previous eras that could average 20 ppg... that's only possible today.
    I am impressed how much versatility you are able to squeeze out of a few MJ gifs

literally can use them in any thread

we call call that the new triple threat

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

How many times have you spammed this argument? The game has changed yes, and there is nothing the current players can do about it. Davis entered the league in 2012 and has only been able to model his game around the current league. Clearly it is unfair to asume a hypothetical where he is teleported into a different era and forced to play without growing up there. Were he to have grown up in different eras, his game would be different. It is impossible to tell whether he would be 'better' or 'worse'.

Similarly, the increased spacing means Davis if sometimes forced to guard the perimeter more - meaning he is required to be a better all round defender. And sometimes he has to spot up and shoot a midrange, which he is actually very effective at. It's obvious to me that some of you clowns have not watched him with play. Get over the 90s dude and enjoy the game TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    I am impressed how much versatility you are able to squeeze out of a few MJ gifs

literally can use them in any thread

we call call that the new triple threat

Banned

Best player in the game ATM. Don't know why people are hating on the youngster. Personally it's been a pleasure watching him blossom into a force on both ends of the court.

The league needs more ADs and less Hardens. Sick of that tissue paper soft Euro style bullshit, give me some old school bangers.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    So, back to Anthony Davis...
    No one cares about that goofy looking fukc. This thread is about Budadiiii's GOATness.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    This thread is about Budadiiii's GOATness.