Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default who should be our 5th and final starter?

we all know that iverson, webber, iguodala, and dalembert are going to start. It comes down to korver, green, and carney for the final spot. Green would be a combo guard along side iverson. Carney would be the 2/3 along side iguodala. And korver would be the 3. Korver started game 1 vs. Barcelona, but green started games 2 and 3. Jw what u guys think. Id like it to be carney just because the other 2 would be great 6th and 7th men, but if he's not ready yet i dont think we can just throw him out there.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:30 AM   #2
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

im not sure if we should start Korver or Green. whoever shows more consistency (not their strengths) should get the starting spot. but i havent watched preseason so i couldnt tell.

Carney has shown very good things, and i would love to see him crack the starting lineup by mid/late season. but just not yet; he has to show he deserves the spot first imo.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:15 AM   #3
Bishop
I brick open layups

Bishop has no real reputation yet.

Shouldn't be Green.. Not that I don't like him, but whenever he's on the court with Iverson, he does nothing but try to force things..
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:25 AM   #4
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

well hes gonna have to be on the court with him to get playing time, cuz ai never comes out. And i think he can play with him
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
Bishop
I brick open layups

Bishop has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
well hes gonna have to be on the court with him to get playing time, cuz ai never comes out.

Lol, well this is true..

But I'd rather have Green leading our second unit.. Green, Korver, Shav, Hunter, and whoever is running the PG is a decent second unit..
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:19 PM   #6
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Willie Green isn't an NBA starter. He's a bench player, even more so after the injury.

Korver could start in some teams, but this team has such poor interior defense and team defense as a whole that he's better suited as bench threat.

Carney should be the starter, hopefully he does enough to earn the spot.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Korver for me. Any other line-up lacks range. I hope Carney develops. Prove he won't be a defensive liability and we won't need range to win.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Carney is already a step up really defensively from Korver. Not that Korver is really bad, because he's a good team defender, but his lack of ability to keep athletic 2/3's in front of him hurts the team bad since the interior defense sucks so bad.

Even if Carney isn't as sound in terms of team defense, to me he's an immediate step-up in terms of man to man defense, which they need help on from that position.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #9
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Carney should definitely start over Korver.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #10
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

I would give Carney a chance at starting. I watched him
during his career at Memphis and he can do it all. He
can shoot from the outside and can fly to the rim when
he wants. Great defender too. He shut down Adam Morrison
when they played Gonzaga. The sixers should be an
exciting team to watch if he starts.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:38 AM   #11
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poindexter
I would give Carney a chance at starting. I watched him
during his career at Memphis and he can do it all. He
can shoot from the outside and can fly to the rim when
he wants. Great defender too. He shut down Adam Morrison
when they played Gonzaga. The sixers should be an
exciting team to watch if he starts.

Excitng yes. Effective? Where the outside shooting? I like Carney but he won't stretch the range and help AI to operate.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:33 PM   #12
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Excitng yes. Effective? Where the outside shooting? I like Carney but he won't stretch the range and help AI to operate.

Too early to judge. He is a rookie so it may take him some time to learn
the NBA game.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:04 PM   #13
pgm
I hit open layups

pgm has an OK reputation so far

I've seen enough of Korver as a starter. It's too early to start Carney. Start Green until Carney is ready.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:18 AM   #14
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

From a person who goes to a lot of games for the last few years, and has season tickets this season..................

Umm Korver should not start the dude would kill us on D that is already not good with Webber, and AI together.

I would like Carney to star, because I think the combo D with him, and Iguodala would hide a little of Iversons lack in D.

If he is not ready though Green I think can start with AI maybe for the first half of the season, or until Carney is ready.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: