Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Official Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 thread

Red Bull Battlegrounds starts back up in like 10 minutes!

Can't wait for North America WCS qualifiers too. It's cool to see Blizzard host this gigantic WCG-esque tournament.

Upcoming MLG will be really cool as well with

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

ManiaK.762 btw.

Damn exam tomorrow cant watch redbull battlegrounds.

And yeah I play on EU so cant really play you guys. Had NA account before, not anymore tho.

Hmm, I didn't get hacked in D3, I'm level 60 barb goin through inferno, runnin the fk away from elite/boss slowly waring them down or dying over and over again. I found hell the best difficulty, prolly because there were deaths but there wasn't 1 hit deaths constantly.

You know what is funny to me, the vast majority of the kids crying about how the game is difficult or pointless never even played diablo 2. These dudes were like 7 years old when diablo 2 was being released.

I have not been hacked. Get an authenticator and stop downloading toolbars and shit for your browser. I am having plenty of fun clearing Inferno on my Monk. Everyone crying needs to learn to play, or go play a game that is not repetitive and pointless (how about modern warfare 3 ?? )

Despite watching countless hours of SC2 streams.. I am still awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    Despite watching countless hours of SC2 streams.. I am still awful.
    Those are useful when you have somewhat decent mechanical skill already, because if u watch pros play you can't make build orders that they use to be effective. Up until diamond just pick some decent not too hard build orders and play reactionary, build up ur mechanical skill and game sense. When you are in high dia+ it's when watching pro streams helps, as you get good builds and ideas which you can do it yourself. My PvT was worst mu, then i picked up SaSe's double gas with 2probes expand into pressure build, learnt how to transition out of that in and it's my best mu now, i beat mid masters terrans no problem usually (I am high dia on eu).

Btw if someone from eu playing add me eXeSakkreth.147

Been putting in a lot of work on SCII both 1v1 and some 2v2's (I normally don't play those). I just made it to number 2 in my bronze ladder.

I used to have trouble doing basically "all in's" and not being able to recover (which is why they are called "all in's"). Mostly I've learned how to scout, and counter. Put on some pressure, figure out what they're gonna do and then switch tech to counter (whether that is moving up in tech or moving down and rushing in with marines/marinetank/MMT).

I've played 16 games 1v1 today, and only lost 2. One fair and square, the other was a DT rush ! Basterds!

ISHHero 524

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Those are useful when you have somewhat decent mechanical skill already, because if u watch pros play you can't make build orders that they use to be effective. Up until diamond just pick some decent not too hard build orders and play reactionary, build up ur mechanical skill and game sense. When you are in high dia+ it's when watching pro streams helps, as you get good builds and ideas which you can do it yourself. My PvT was worst mu, then i picked up SaSe's double gas with 2probes expand into pressure build, learnt how to transition out of that in and it's my best mu now, i beat mid masters terrans no problem usually (I am high dia on eu).

Btw if someone from eu playing add me eXeSakkreth.147
    I learned some good builds but like you say you gotta have the mechanical skill. I feel like I have really improved over the last few days.

I would send an army down to engage, and if I lost I would always remember then, I should have been building infastructure and/or units to help replace and set up counters. I've really done a great job improving that flaw in my game over the last few days.

I'm watching Puma v Alive (NASL Season 3 playoffs) on this stream. Holy hell these guise are fantastic at late game strategy along with great back and forth exchanges for control of the map.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but scouting has made a huge difference! I scouted this guy right off the jump didn't see anything, left my scv in his natural, came back saw he was getting 1 gas, left back to the natural, came back one last time, dodged his queen and ran into a group of roaches.

I immediately threw down a bunker and started tech to get cloak banshees. Held off two attacks from his roaches and denied his scouting by killing an overlord. After the second wave came and crashed broken upon my mighty shores I had 4 banshees. Flew over stumbled upon his 3rd made him cancel, took out his natural and he gg'd.

If you're not any good, [COLOR="Red"]SCOUT![/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    You know what is funny to me, the vast majority of the kids crying about how the game is difficult or pointless never even played diablo 2. These dudes were like 7 years old when diablo 2 was being released.

I have not been hacked. Get an authenticator and stop downloading toolbars and shit for your browser. I am having plenty of fun clearing Inferno on my Monk. Everyone crying needs to learn to play, or go play a game that is not repetitive and pointless (how about modern warfare 3 ?? )
    There really needs to be a separate D3 thread. I can't believe you guys got hacked. I've been playing since launch and not me or anybody I play with has ever been hacked.

I too am going through Inferno right now, and while it is very hard, I actually like the challenge. It is doable with the right mix of skill and strategy. Ironically although gear will help there are limits, and videos I've seen on Youtube of people clearing some of these zones are wearing worse equipment than me.

IMO it's the best game since D2 and is every bit as fun to play.

Oh also I've been making about $5 a day since the real money AH went live, so the game already paid for itself.