Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I might have to go

Russy, Nate, Nazr and Harden for...

CP3, Marco Belinelli, Patrick Ewing Jr, and Carl Landry.
    I'll probably take it and flip someone for a good wing scorer for the bench.
    Thats whats up. Landing CP3 would be huge. Landry and Ibaka will give you a deep team at PF too. Losing Harden will hurt but the Thunder can take the hit if it means getting CP3. That should be epic playing with him and KD. I have never considered that. Keep updating the progress. I love hearing different associations because no two are alike.

Whats the lineup assuming that trade is made?

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    Thats whats up. Landing CP3 would be huge. Landry and Ibaka will give you a deep team at PF too. Losing Harden will hurt but the Thunder can take the hit if it means getting CP3. That should be epic playing with him and KD. I have never considered that. Keep updating the progress. I love hearing different associations because no two are alike.

Whats the lineup assuming that trade is made?
    I did it except I got poindexter instead of Ewing Jr.

Right now just to test the waters I'm running
    CP3
    Sefo for 25 and then splitting with Belinelli/Poindexter to see whom I'm better with. If I start a defensive stopper usually I play him about 20-25 minutes a game.
    Durant
    Ibaka
    and Perkins

With Maynor getting 10 or so off the bench Collison getting 13, and Landry getting 19. Cook getting a couple minutes and Aldrich is trade bait/ dleague for me. I may trade Ibaka though depending on the chemistry I have with him and CP3, for some athletic young guy, and a good 2 guard.

On a weird ass note even though CP3, Sefo, Ibaka and Perkins all start and play good minutes, my team is still ranked 20th in team defense?

Learning to shoot layups

I did it except I got poindexter instead of Ewing Jr.

Right now just to test the waters I'm running
    CP3
    Sefo for 25 and then splitting with Belinelli/Poindexter to see whom I'm better with. If I start a defensive stopper usually I play him about 20-25 minutes a game.
    Durant
    Ibaka
    and Perkins

With Maynor getting 10 or so off the bench Collison getting 13, and Landry getting 19. Cook getting a couple minutes and Aldrich is trade bait/ dleague for me. I may trade Ibaka though depending on the chemistry I have with him and CP3, for some athletic young guy, and a good 2 guard.

Good stuff. The trade definitely did not set you back, and it should bring a lot of energy to the team. CP3 should be able to get you 10-13 assists a night easy, and should set KD up to do his thing. Ibaka will probably get some easy layups in transition with CP3 running the show.

I like the position battle for SG. Benelli is a solid shooter, and Poindexter is athletic so both should bring something to the table. Good to see you kept a solid bench. The team is solid now, but another trade involving Aldrich or someone may make it better. Ibaka has a favorable contract so move him wisely. Good looking team so far.

Lol, at the defense rating. I'd like to see 19 teams with a better D than that

Saw a basketball once

The Knicks would be fun being that they have plenty of star power now with Melo and Amare. They also have good youth with Toney Douglas, and Landry Feilds. Billups should be able to run the point well too. All of those guys should have great trade value too if you feel the need to bring in players through trades. You are real deep in the SG position, so maybe letting one go to grab a lottery pick would be nice. Possibly Pistons or Raptors to make a run for a top pick.

To me the Knicks association sounds fun and I love playing with their current roster. TD is money from behind the arc, and Billups, Chauncey, and Stat are all stars. My vote is Knicks, but I never play with Boston. Good luck with it tho and keep updating the progress you make.
    Thanks for the feedback mate much appreciated, think I will run with the Knicks. Migt look to bring a few just to reinforce. For some reason and I can't quite pick it...I'm not a fan of Billups. Know he is a decorated player but just can't warm to him.

Do you think LF is good enough to start? Gonna see who I can bring it to rebuild, well build around Melo / Amare.

Good stuff. The trade definitely did not set you back, and it should bring a lot of energy to the team. CP3 should be able to get you 10-13 assists a night easy, and should set KD up to do his thing. Ibaka will probably get some easy layups in transition with CP3 running the show.

I like the position battle for SG. Benelli is a solid shooter, and Poindexter is athletic so both should bring something to the table. Good to see you kept a solid bench. The team is solid now, but another trade involving Aldrich or someone may make it better. Ibaka has a favorable contract so move him wisely. Good looking team so far.

Lol, at the defense rating. I'd like to see 19 teams with a better D than that
    Usually I only play an 8 man rotation. back up point guard, wing, and big man. But with Maynor, Cook(who I'm decent with), and a couple of "prospects" in Belinelli/Poindexter I figure, ehhh why not! With Landry and Nick Collison in the fold.

After the first quarter...Ibaka+CP3 works really really well. Aldrich is almost certainly gone though, because I'm not a fan, and he doesn't bring anything to the table that really..Collison doesn't.

And as for the defensive rating I know right? I realize Durant isn't that good defensively, and neither are my bench wings. But Collison's reliable, and Landry's okay.

Learning to shoot layups

Usually I only play an 8 man rotation. back up point guard, wing, and big man. But with Maynor, Cook(who I'm decent with), and a couple of "prospects" in Belinelli/Poindexter I figure, ehhh why not! With Landry and Nick Collison in the fold.

After the first quarter...Ibaka+CP3 works really really well. Aldrich is almost certainly gone though, because I'm not a fan, and he doesn't bring anything to the table that really..Collison doesn't.

And as for the defensive rating I know right? I realize Durant isn't that good defensively, and neither are my bench wings. But Collison's reliable, and Landry's okay.
    I am not surprised at all by Ibaka and CP3 working well. That should be a pick-and-roll dream. I also agree with the Aldrich statement. He really is no different then what you have in Collison but he should have a descent trade value being a rookie. See what you can get for him. It may yeild big results, especially if you couple a first rounder with him.

I am not surprised at all by Ibaka and CP3 working well. That should be a pick-and-roll dream. I also agree with the Aldrich statement. He really is no different then what you have in Collison but he should have a descent trade value being a rookie. See what you can get for him. It may yeild big results, especially if you couple a first rounder with him.
    I'm weird with my pick and rolls so..I was hesitant. at the half Poindexter is a complete success. and Deng has 23 on Durant. Guess he's bringing my D down, but I have 12 steals as well.

Yeah I'm going to try to flip him and a first for a higher first rounder. or a good two guard and go with this off the bench...
    Maynor-2guard-Poindexter-Landry-Collison. And just cut Bellinelli out of the equation, for all intents and purposes. Really fun team to play with though. I justforgot I hate OKC's court.

Learning to shoot layups

I'm weird with my pick and rolls so..I was hesitant. at the half Poindexter is a complete success. and Deng has 23 on Durant. Guess he's bringing my D down, but I have 12 steals as well.

Yeah I'm going to try to flip him and a first for a higher first rounder. or a good two guard and go with this off the bench...
    Maynor-2guard-Poindexter-Landry-Collison. And just cut Bellinelli out of the equation, for all intents and purposes. Really fun team to play with though. I justforgot I hate OKC's court.
    Haha, agreed on the court

See what you can get for Aldrich and a pick, I am curious to know. Either a lottery pick or a solid role player would be nice. Anything you get will improve you being as though you won't lose anything since Collison is there. Bellinelli is tough to shoot with tho he is rated pretty high. I have never been able to play with him. You may can turn him into a good trade pickup or atleast dump his salary by taking an expiring. See what you can work out with those guys. I feel like it will improve the team even more

Saw a basketball once

Need some trade advice...doing an NY association. Picked up Oden to hold down my centre position. Anyway now I have Ronny Turiaf and Shelden Williams. One has to go but I'm torn between them. Both the same age but Williams has a lower contract (only this year and he is undecided) Defense is my main priority though and Williams is better in the rebound stakes and can also shoot from close and mid range.

It's the blocking stat of Williams that worries me, it's only 55 compared to Turiaf's 99. Bit slower and ball security low as well. Any advice guys?

Would u keep Turiaf or Williams, if defense is your main priority?

Banned

I'd be keeping Turiaf, i personally can't stand any big men with a block rating lower than about 70 unless they have outstanding offensive upside etc.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    I'd be keeping Turiaf, i personally can't stand any big men with a block rating lower than about 70 unless they have outstanding offensive upside etc.
    I agree but that's the thing, Williams is 75 from Close, 75 from medium, FT 77, 81 Shoot in Traffic.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Cairns_Baller
    Need some trade advice...doing an NY association. Picked up Oden to hold down my centre position. Anyway now I have Ronny Turiaf and Shelden Williams. One has to go but I'm torn between them. Both the same age but Williams has a lower contract (only this year and he is undecided) Defense is my main priority though and Williams is better in the rebound stakes and can also shoot from close and mid range.

It's the blocking stat of Williams that worries me, it's only 55 compared to Turiaf's 99. Bit slower and ball security low as well. Any advice guys?

Would u keep Turiaf or Williams, if defense is your main priority?
    Good choice of an association. With Oden starting, I feel like you can't go wrong either way. It seems as though you will have to choose between offense/rebounding and defense. If both contracts are similar then it is up to you. I can see perks to both sides of that deal. However, if one has a contract that will stick around, you may want to choose the other one so you can bring in a FA. If I am not mistaken, Turiaf has a 1 year contract so thats appealing.

Looking good. Keep us updated.

Haha, agreed on the court

See what you can get for Aldrich and a pick, I am curious to know. Either a lottery pick or a solid role player would be nice. Anything you get will improve you being as though you won't lose anything since Collison is there. Bellinelli is tough to shoot with tho he is rated pretty high. I have never been able to play with him. You may can turn him into a good trade pickup or atleast dump his salary by taking an expiring. See what you can work out with those guys. I feel like it will improve the team even more
    The best deals are Gerald Henderson/Bobcats first
    the clippers first
    the hornets first with david andersen(I think this could be a really good future trade if I wait a while)
    pacers first and brandon rush
    you can also get afflalo with the nuggets first for just Aldrich which is what I almost certainly will do
    Terrence Williams
    and wizards first

Belinelli I had like a couple threes with him through 4 games, so we'll see what happens I might practice it for awhile and see if I can get it down. I usually have problems with Durant too....so I'll probably work on shooting practice for a while.

JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY JohnWall2's Avatar

just start with da wizards