Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 10-31-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Celtics drop first game of season, in Miami

The only thing that was determined Tuesday night at American******Airlines Arena was that the Heat are a better team than the Celtics in October. That means little besides bragging rights for Ray Allen.

Allen got the best of his former teammates with 19 smooth points in 31 minutes as Miami led nearly the entire way and beat the Celtics, 120-107. But in the long run, the result may be exactly what Boston needs to understand the rigors of not only returning to prominence but of beating the Heat.

Miami is considerably better than it was last season, according to early projections. The addition of Allen and Rashard Lewis gives the Heat bench two experienced scorers who have been front-line players with other clubs. Even when LeBron James was saddled with leg cramps and limited to just 2:59 in the fourth quarter, the Heat relied on Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and 7 combined points from Allen and Lewis.

-- Boston Globe
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Re: Celtics drop first game of season, in Miami

After a brief embrace with Doc Rivers and the C's assistant coaches, Allen tapped Garnett's shoulder - he was on the bench resting at that point - to which Garnett did not reply or even acknowledge the contact.

"You guys know KG. Did you expect him to react?" Allen told a large crowd after the game that included Boston-area media. "I don't take anything from it. Kevin is, he's an intense competitor. On the bench, he's in a different world, a different zone. The five years I played with him, you have to respect that."

Said Garnett: "Understand I am an intense person. Other than that, I drew a blank. I just saw the Heat (jersey) in front of him. Obviously he's on the other side. I just try to play the game, man."

-- CSNNE
Old 10-31-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Re: Celtics drop first game of season, in Miami

Bass opened the season with a double-double of 15 points and 11 rebounds.

"I was happy with Brandon," said C's coach Doc Rivers. "He was terrific. Brandon had a great game. Hell, he should have played 40 minutes."

Rivers was disappointed that a number of his players did not come out and play with the kind of aggression needed to win.

-- CSNNE
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: