Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation
Default 11 games in.

Its been 11 games in so far. People are calling already for coaches to fired and trades.

Our record is 6wins 5 loses.

however were 4-3 on the road. And are a pedestrian 2-2 at home. Considering we lost road games to the C's and a then Hot Atlanta team. We lost to Orlando almost entirely upon Jose's injury. Have we really been so bad? Or are we just being hard on the team?

Who would you think the most frustrating/disapointing player so far this season has been?

IMO its been Jamario Moon. Huge drop off from last year.

Nathan Jawai's not looking like he's going to play. So thats another wasted draft pick. So our depth in the organization is bad. So its win now mode as far as im concerned, Id sell the farm to bring in a elite SF or SG right now. Only JO,Bosh and Jose are untouchable. Leaving only Bargs and AP as good trade bait. The rest are bench players to any other team.

Thoughts on the Season so far???
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 11 games in.

For me, the problem i'm seeing is that in some of our losses, it's clear that we do not have all the tools required to be an elite team. With our current personnel, we can be a good team, possible top 4 or 5, but at most i'd give us one playoff round. I said this in the summer and i'll say it again now, we are a Calderon injury away from being a lottery team. We need a LEGIT backup point and an athletic wing even if it isn't an all-star, just someone who can score and hopefully defend...
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Right now we have only beat teams with LOSING RECORDS, and the teams we have lost to were pretty close games in the end except that the other teams STAR GUARD took over us ..... Joe Johnson, Paul Peirce, Tay Prince, Hedo, ..... i understand you can't stop them but atleast make them work on the defensive end ..... all those players who went off on us didn't have to play defence against us ..... those games Parker and Caldron couldn't score for some reason and were NOT a threat at all ...... we just need a premetier scorer right now and were fine ..... our post players are amazing and Bargnani is looking like stud playing the small forward ..... DOING WHAT HE DOES BEST SHOOTING THE BALL!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

Personally, I don't think we are being hard on this team at all. Last year we lacked interior defence and rebouding, we have that now. Good teams don't let a 16 point lead disappear in 5 minutes, and for the argument that it was Boston, I don't care, they weren't even playing well. Pierce just took over because we have no adequate defender at the wings. Look at yesterday, Wade didn't just destroy Anthony Parker, he almost killed him. Sg's and Sf's are exploiting the Raptor's swing rotation every game. This is not a great team.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Stop the madness.

So - 11 games - 500 - extend that out to 40-40.

That should be a play off team in the East.

2ndly they played Boston really well till Paul P went off and we didnt have an answer. That will come. Rotations guarding d lock downs.... I have even seen Sam call a full court press yet.

Give it time - this team is playing selfless ball.

The BIG move is UPSIDE - not downside (if it happens)
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
Personally, I don't think we are being hard on this team at all. Last year we lacked interior defence and rebouding, we have that now. Good teams don't let a 16 point lead disappear in 5 minutes, and for the argument that it was Boston, I don't care, they weren't even playing well. Pierce just took over because we have no adequate defender at the wings. Look at yesterday, Wade didn't just destroy Anthony Parker, he almost killed him. Sg's and Sf's are exploiting the Raptor's swing rotation every game. This is not a great team.

If we got a top 15 SG/SF would we be a great team though. In the fallout from the trade, we'd likely have the worst bench in the league.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #7
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
If we got a top 15 SG/SF would we be a great team though. In the fallout from the trade, we'd likely have the worst bench in the league.

I agree. Our bench is already horrible as it is. We can't even afford to carry the maximum of players. MLSE needs to step up and allow Raptor's management to go over the cap for this year and next year. In 2010 O'neal's 20 milllion comes off the books so this team can manage to get under the cap in 1 and a half years. They have to make their move now.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: