Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425

Default Re: BREAKING: Westbrook has meniscus tear in right knee

It's been confirmed that a return during the playoffs is not happening. He is out for the rest of the season.

Learning to shoot layups

That sucks. You never want a player to go out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    It's been confirmed that a return during the playoffs is not happening. He is out for the rest of the season.

Latest update, from the Thunder today:

Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook underwent successful surgery earlier today to repair a lateral meniscus tear in his right knee.

Westbrook will miss the remainder of the 2013 NBA Playoffs. Rehab will begin immediately and a timetable for his return will be determined during the offseason. The surgery was performed at the Stedman Clinic in Vail, CO with Thunder medical personnel present.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13127

Learning to shoot layups rock la familia's Avatar

Hope it doesn't effect his speed and hops in the future

This sucks man.

The WCP just got even more wide open. OKC has not shot now.

I like the Spurs, provided Parker, and Manu stay healthy.

I really, really hate this, but understand the decision of repairing it instead of the other option where he might've been able to return in a couple of weeks. Long term it's the best solution. I'm going to sound like a bad fan, but we weren't going to beat the Heat this year anyway if we did get back to the Finals. I'd have liked to have the chance to at least see if we could play them tougher than last year, but we weren't going to beat them 4 times in 7 games.

Hopefully he'll be fully recovered and back to 100% by the start of next season. Just really unfortunate he got hurt on that type of play. That's the hardest thing to stomach. He didn't get hurt coming down wrong after one of his semi-reckless drives to the hole, and he didn't get hurt coming down on someone's foot after jumper. It happened when he was simply bringing the ball into the frontcourt to call a timeout, and that's the hardest thing to get over. I could probably live with the injury (or at least get over it a lot quicker) if it had happened in the actual course of play.

I expect us to lose tonight, and this series to go 6 or 7 games. And, if we do get past the Rockets, I just don't see anyway we beat the Clippers or Grizzlies. I'll watch, but I don't have high expectations.

Sucks.

Westbrook is the most exciting player to watch IMO. So many dear God displays of athleticism. Sorry OKC fans.