Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default LeBron hasn't taken a 3 pointer yet

I know it's only been three games, but after averaging ~4 three pointer attempts a game over the past few years it seems like he might be making it a point to cut down on the 3's this year.

Crazy how efficient/dominant he is when he doesn't settle for the longball. 32 ppg on 59% so far.

I wonder if he'll continue turning down 3's and if so, could we possibly see a 52-53% FG season from LeBron?

Default Re: LeBron hasn't taken a 3 pointer yet

Wade hasn't took a three yet either

Good thing too, he's learned new moves in the post and is doing pretty well there now. We'll see what happens tonight..

Banned

I thought he already take one against celtics?

But yeah he seems want to cut down the 3s.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

^might have had a foot on the line.

Thank. God. for. that. Watching LeBron just stand outside the 3 point line last season killed me. So boring!

Let's see if he can keep it up at 4/4.

well done LBJ and Wade. More players should do this

This and defense is why I think the Heat will be sucsessful, they know what it takes to win.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I didn't notice but that's awesome. It means Wade/Lebron are playing more to their strengths this year.

College superstar

Lebron has been hard to figure out at times. Honestly his fg% on the surface doesn't seem to be greatly affected by whether he takes 3's or not. After the slow start to last season this is how he finished the season:

Dec.
    16 games
    65 3PA 4.06 3 PA/g
    25.2ppg
    51.1fg%

Jan.
    12 games
    46 3PA, 3.83 3PA/g
    30.6ppg
    47.9fg%

Feb.
    12 games
    40 3PA, 3.33 3PA/g
    26.9ppg
    53.0fg%

Mar.
    15 games
    49 3PA, 3.26 3PA/g
    28.0ppg
    58.0fg%

April
    6 games
    17 3PA, 2.83 3PA/g
    28.5ppg
    55.2fg%

Banned

They'll take some of those eventually late in the shotclock, which is okay. I like the fact they aren't settling anymore though, they were never good/great 3 point shooters anyways, their midrange games are so much better. Plus with the addition of the postgame, Lebron is getting scary good.

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Shows his lack of skill. hes only getting points on cherrypicking, bail out free throws, and scoring off travels. come playoffs he will revert to his 3 pt chucking 22ppg on 35% shooting self

If he completely stops taking threes this year, he should easily shoot 53% or higher. He shot 50 and 51% the last two years (respectively) and that was with him taking 5.1 and 3.5 threes a game. Still I don't think he should never take threes, as he is a fair three point shooter. His problem has been that he takes contested pull-up threes way too often and simply takes too many threes in general. He can definitely get in a rhythm from three, but at the same time, he can also go quite cold but continue to chuck threes. Looks like he's not relying on the three ball to bail him out now, which is a good sign. Still, I think there will be times LBJ should shoot threes, but only when necessary or if he's really feeling it. He also needs to avoid falling in love with the three again once he makes a few.

Also, just for reference, LeBron's FG%, 3P%, and 2P% throughout his career to see how he might do if he stops chucking threes
    2003-04: 41.7 FG%, 28.9 3P% (2.7 attempts per game). 43.8 2P%
    2004-05: 47.2 FG%, 35.1 3P% (3.9 attempts per game). 49.9 2P%
    2005-06: 48.0 FG%, 33.5 3P% (4.8 attempts per game). 51.8 2P%
    2006-07: 47.6 FG%, 31.9 3P% (4.0 attempts per game). 51.3 2P%
    2007-08: 48.4 FG%, 31.5 3P% (4.8 attempts per game). 53.1 2P%
    2008-09: 48.9 FG%, 34.4 3P% (4.7 attempts per game). 53.5 2P%
    2009-10: 50.3 FG%, 33.3 3P% (5.1 attempts per game). 56.0 2P%
    2010-11: 51.0 FG%, 33.0 3P% (3.5 attempts per game). 55.2 2P%
    2011-12 (so far) 58.9 FG%, no threes taken yet.

Career: 47.9 FG%, 32.9 3P% (4.2 attempts per game). 51.8 2P%

Quote Originally Posted by Miller for 3
    Shows his lack of skill. hes only getting points on cherrypicking, bail out free throws, and scoring off travels. come playoffs he will revert to his 3 pt chucking 22ppg on 35% shooting self
    You're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Wade hasn't took a three yet either
    Yes he did. Eventually Bron will have to shoot one to beat the clock at the end of a quarter or something. Fun to see how long he can go without jacking one up. It shows he is more conscious about getting high percentage shots. Bad news for the rest of the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    I know it's only been three games, but after averaging ~4 three pointer attempts a game over the past few years it seems like he might be making it a point to cut down on the 3's this year.

Crazy how efficient/dominant he is when he doesn't settle for the longball. 32 ppg on 59% so far.

I wonder if he'll continue turning down 3's and if so, could we possibly see a 52-53% FG season from LeBron?
    He wouldn't fit in with the Knicks

But seriously, I'm glad he's making an effort to improve his post game should've been working on it years ago. It's more effective and efficient to work out of the post than it is to chuck stupid 3s, especially early in the shot clock. If he keeps playing like this, it might go down as his best season yet and that's a frightening thought.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Still I don't think he should never take threes, as he is a fair three point shooter. His problem has been that he takes contested pull-up threes way too often and simply takes too many threes in general.
    From my memories of last season, I have the impression that LeBron is actually pretty good at dribbling and pulling up for 3 (within reason ofc). He is quite terrible at catch and shoot 3s (with no gather motion) though. IIRC, a considerable portion of the botched game winners last season were from LeBron catch-and-shoot-3-pointers, which is one of the reasons why I think Spoelstra is an idiot.

And we all know how those ended up.

Clank off the backboard airballs. Very funny in retrospect.