Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 07-30-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far
Default Western Conference Rankings

1. San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs have won their championships every other year and this coming season could be their time. They're a team that matches up to Boston much better than the Lakers. Their main core of Duncan, Ginobli, Bowen and Parker remains in tact. One of the best defensive dynasties.

2. Los Angeles Lakers

The defending Western Conference champs will be near the top again. They did well without Bynum during the regular season, but missed his presence in the middle during the championships which would of added some interior toughness. Bryant, Odom, Bynum and Gasol should fare better.

3. New Orlean Hornets

Chris Paul will be another year's better and now, with some playoff experience. They added another nice piece in James Posey which may payoff during the playoffs. Their main core of Paul, Stojakovic, West and Chandler remains in place.

4. Utah Jazz

There will be rumors surrounding Boozer all year but that shouldn't be that bad as to any player they get in return will be an impact player. This team revolves around Deron Williams. Sloan has this team dialed in and they should be in the upper half of the Western Conference once again.

5. Houston Rockets

McGrady, Artest and Yao? This should be a nice combination. You can say what you want about Artest's behavior and baggage, but on the court, he's an extremely skilled basketball player. One of the best defenders in the league and very unselfish. He can handle, pass, and put the ball in the basket.

6. Dallas Mavericks

7. Phoenix Suns

8. Portland Trailblazers

9. Denver Nuggets

10. Sacramento Kings

11. Golden State Warriors

12. Los Angeles Clippers

13. Memphis Grizzlies

14. Minnesota Timberwolves

15. Oklahoma City Whatevers
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
babybulls85
I brick open layups

babybulls85 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Western Conference Rankings

I think those rankings look pretty accurate. I think the main debate could be at the top of the conference, but both teams have a fair claim.
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
ducksoup
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ducksoup has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Western Conference Rankings

I do not see the Spurs beating out the Lakers.
ducksoup is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: