Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-25-2006, 12:04 AM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb Thoughts on Bulls last roster spot

We all know who's on the Bulls roster now, but there are two players fighting for that last spot. The players are Luke Schenscher and Andre Barrett. Earlier it was evident that Schenscher was the leading candidate, but now I think the team should favor Barrett more because he helped the team in crucial situations such as in finishing off games, including two game winners. Also he is a pretty good free throw shooter, something the Bulls can afford. Schenscher though, didn't really show much more than what we saw of him last year. I know he's 7'1, but we have another player, Martynas Andriuskevicius who's 7'2 and in my oppinion he's a better player from what I've seen when comparing both players. Most importantly when it comes to what player I prefer to watch, I would choose Barrett over Schenscer hands down. If the Bulls decide to sign Barrett he will be a solid back up point gaurd for the team, especially if either Hinrich or Duhon were to get hurt. I think it would benefit the team if they were to make this decision. That way they wouldn't have to look for a point gaurd in the near future, instead they can look for a big man in next years draft or free agency, most likely a low post scorer who would fair as a good back up to Wallace.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 10-25-2006 at 12:20 AM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

two words:

Andre Barrett
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
We all know who's on the Bulls roster now, but there are two players fighting for that last spot. The players are Luke Schenscher and Andre Barrett. Earlier it was evident that Schenscher was the leading candidate, but now I think the team should favor Barrett more because he helped the team in crucial situations such as in finishing off games, including two game winners. Also he is a pretty good free throw shooter, something the Bulls can afford. Schenscher though, didn't really show much more than what we saw of him last year. I know he's 7'1, but we have another player, Martynas Andriuskevicius who's 7'2 and in my oppinion he's a better player from what I've seen when comparing both players. Most importantly when it comes to what player I prefer to watch, I would choose Barrett over Schenscer hands down. If the Bulls decide to sign Barrett he will be a solid back up point gaurd for the team, especially if either Hinrich or Duhon were to get hurt. I think it would benefit the team if they were to make this decision. That way they wouldn't have to look for a point gaurd in the near future, instead they can look for a big man in next years draft or free agency, most likely a low post scorer who would fair as a good back up to Wallace.

I TOTALLY AGREE..I REALLY DIDNT LIKE LUKE LAST YEAR.. HE SEEMS VERY SLOW ALTHOUGH HE DOES HAVE SOME TALENT, I DONT THINK U CAN OVER LOOK WHAT BARRETT HAS DONE IN THIS SHORT PRESEASON..HE DEFINETLY WANTS A SPOT ON THIS BULLS TEAM AND IM SURE SCOTT AND PAX WILL CHOOSE HIM 4 THE LAST ROSTER SPOT..........HOLLA!!

Last edited by MaCC2MuCh : 10-25-2006 at 08:00 PM.
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:34 AM   #4
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

i think we should give luke a shot
if we needed a player like barret we wouldn't have let go of pargo,he was killer in the playoffs two years ago, we have a lot of players better than barret to fill his spot
i know he's shown potential but i would still go with luke
he'll turn out decent
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:35 AM   #5
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

i wouldn't be disappointed with either though
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

in my opinion, i think barrett is way better than luke is as far as talent wise for their size......somebody mentioned about using barrett in crucial situations........do you really think skiles will put in barrett when there's like 5 seconds left and the bulls are down by one.......you know the ball is going to either gordon, hinrich, deng and noch......i would like him to be part of our beloved bulls team.........but, i think the bulls needs a big guy to be back up our undersized centers than a good player like barrett who i think will hardly get any playing time.........
thatz just my opinion.........
look what happen to eddie basden......
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:22 AM   #7
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

ILLEFEX, I know I would like a big guy too, but would Luke be that effective. I still prefer Barrett, he would help off the bench similarly to how Jannero Pargo did last year. The point gaurd position is the only one that has two players for the Bulls. I say we sign Barrett, so we don't have to worry about a point gaurd later in case Hinrich or Duhon were to get injured. Also, next year will be the year we get a big guy from the draft. I hear there are supposed to be a lot of good ones in next years class. Hopefully we'll get one of the top 5 picks. It all depends on how the Knicks will finish the season.

P.S. Earlier I was talking about Barrett based on the preseason, in the season it's obvious he would be used differently, but he deserves the last roster spot from what he 's shown. Barrett can be a pretty good contributer.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: