Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 12-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #16
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

littlespyda has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
screw that...we dont need this trade.
how stupid are you? it would be great to have ai.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:58 PM   #17
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

this trade won't happen, the sixers can't be stupid enough to trade A.I. for a bunch of luggage...it would be great to see, but **** it. Plus it's going to mean our future ontop of that...We are already giving a pick away to the Clippers next year and after KG and A.I. retire. Our franchise is ****ed for a long time. If it only takes a players like Eddie Griffin, Ricky Davis, Jaric and McCants I would think about it. But I don't know if I want to see my franchise be in last place for 4 years straight later on if we have to get rid of Foye. But then you have to realize that cap space we free up once A.I.'s contract expires from this trade. If the free agency is good by then, maybe we could swing a couple high talent free agency players by that time. You have to look at the future and what the 76ers want. I don't think they want garbage and our team is deep right now. Roster space is going to be an issue so multi-player deal? How many spots do the 76ers have of roster space? Most teams fill theirs up. Is Foye going to turn into an all-star next year or a year after that? If so, the trade doesn't make sense because KG's decline is non-existent. (to the lame-asses who said I was stupid, go **** yourself)

Last edited by 04mzwach : 12-10-2006 at 07:11 PM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:01 PM   #18
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
this trade won't happen, the sixers can't be stupid enough to trade A.I. for a bunch of luggage...it would be great to see, but **** it. Plus it's going to mean our future ontop of that...We are already giving a pick away to the Clippers next year and after KG and A.I. retire. Our franchise is ****ed for a long time. If it only takes a players like Eddie Griffin, Ricky Davis, Jaric and McCants I would think about it. But I don't know if I want to see my franchise be in last place for 4 years straight later on if we have to get rid of Foye. But then you have to realize that cap space we free up once A.I.'s contract expires from this trade. If the free agency is good by then, maybe we could swing a couple high talent free agency players by that time. You have to look at the future and what the 76ers want. I don't think they want garbage and our team is deep right now. Roster space is going to be an issue so multi-player deal? How many spots do the 76ers have of roster space? Most teams fill theirs up. Is Foye going to turn into an all-star next year or a year after that? If so, the trade doesn't make sense because KG's decline is non-existent. (to the lame-asses who said I was stupid, go **** yourself)

Easy Champ...lol. I wasn't one of those guys calling you stupid. I am one of the ones that is really looking hard at this possible trade. On paper, this move looks good. AI,KG, Ricky Davis, and Mike James. Of course this depends on what we give up to get AI.

But I am still a little iffy on this move. Plus, the article I read today only makes me worry even more.
(http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...s/16208531.htm) Pretty interesting.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:14 AM   #19
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
I used the "does not start" as an example. Most, if not all, all star players that get traded, will get playing time. I was saying that if the coaches asked AI to play within a system, what would his response be. To be honest, nobody knows. But I have a hard time seeing AI all of a sudden becoming this "team" player. All-Star games, don't count.

The gamble part. I see this has been the biggest factor. AI is great, no doubt. He has the heart of a lion, and I love that. But the thing that will affect any team is, AI is a high volume, low precentage shooter. He will need 20-30 shots a game, and I don't see us allowing him that freedom.

And there is the money issue. Can we afford two mega superstars salaries? It will be interesting to see. I would love to have AI here. But I see us giving up a lot in order to swing a deal. And I would hate to wait 5-8 more years before we get back into the playoffs.

Last season when Webber played alright AI shot like 44.7% taking about 25 shots. 20-25 shots is fine as long as it's not 30 shots a game. He is a team player he scored 33 per game last season while still getting 7.4 assists per game 8th best in the whole league on a sucky team don't tell me he is not a team player other just passed the ball back to much or were scared to shoot here in Philly. I am a season ticket holder I would know.

Jordan(John) Is right!!!
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:17 AM   #20
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Umm Sixers has a stupid gm Billy King 2nd worse behind Isiah. We won't get = value so we would do a trade with Foye.

And Foye a all star in 1-2 seasons? You kidding right? I like him he is from Vill, but he is so overrated not even funny. I don't even want him as a main player in the deal he is not as good as some think.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:59 PM   #21
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge
Umm Sixers has a stupid gm Billy King 2nd worse behind Isiah. We won't get = value so we would do a trade with Foye.

And Foye a all star in 1-2 seasons? You kidding right? I like him he is from Vill, but he is so overrated not even funny. I don't even want him as a main player in the deal he is not as good as some think.
not really, his jumpshot improves and the rookie shakes wears off and we have an all star in a couple years. That's the only problem, his jumpshot. He improves that and people will bite at his jumpshot and he will be driving in for layups like nobodys business. And it doesn't hurt when you have KG on your team either (hopefully).
Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 PM   #22
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

PatCummingsFan has an OK reputation so far

I dont know if AI will end up in Minnesota, but can you Imagine going to war against "The Big Ticket" and "The Answer", that would be tough

Plus they will sell out the Target Center every home game, that would be HUGE for Minnesota !!!!!

McHale may just pull the trigger IMO
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #23
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wish Iverson didnt want to leave Philly and we were in a good situation but thats not the case. But as an Iverson fan i am desperate to see this deal go down. I think AI+KG would work well because unlike CWebb KG is mobile and athletic and has a game that will fit well with AI. I would love watching Wolves games if those two were together.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #24
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge
Last season when Webber played alright AI shot like 44.7% taking about 25 shots. 20-25 shots is fine as long as it's not 30 shots a game. He is a team player he scored 33 per game last season while still getting 7.4 assists per game 8th best in the whole league on a sucky team don't tell me he is not a team player other just passed the ball back to much or were scared to shoot here in Philly. I am a season ticket holder I would know.

Jordan(John) Is right!!!

I gotta give you props, you know your stuff. But, AI is still not a team player. I don't care about AI not going to practice, he plays hard and I can allow him that freeedom. Heck, Karl Malone and John Stockton hardly ever practiced, so AI deserves that respect. But I worry about team chemistry, players moving or staying, and what happens if AI decides that he does not like the coach. This is a huge gamble for us. And if we get AI I hope it works.

Last edited by JellyBean : 12-13-2006 at 10:24 AM.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #25
04mzwach

Wow, it actually seems like we have a shot at A.I. I hope we get him if it's a good deal. I'm just afraid of who we are having to play SF. Trenton Hassell and Jaric wouldnt be bad by any means. Throw in A.I. and possibly Mike James and that's looking pretty good depending on if we get to keep Mike James.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: