Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 05-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default What are your "Team Needs"???

What are your team needs heading into the draft and free agency???

Not asking for speculation or trade ideas. Just things you need (ie. low post scoring PF/C)
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:43 PM   #2
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation
Default Re: What are your "Team Needs"???

Portland really just needs more experience and time to gel as a team. And I think they need 2 really develop their "Identity"

Are they looking to become a half court offensive team, a team that averages 100 points a game, a defensive team? An athletic team looking to run??

I'd say now with the top pick in the 06 draft, they will take Oden, so with him and Aldridge I think they would be shooting to become a more Defensive team, that runs through the post a lot, especiallly as Oden and Aldridge develop in the NBA, and they already have a very skilled offensive post man in Zach Randolph.

Assuming they draft Oden, they would have 2 guys almost 7 foot a piece, and both are athletic big men, you can cause a lot of havoc defensively.

I think they will play similar to Houston, Utah, and Miami. Especially with the emergence of Brandon Roy, and Jack, and Rodriguez as the guards to anchor the backcourt.

But as for players they should add I think they need 2 add a veteran small forward and a veteran PG. Someone could help Rodriguez, Jack and Roy out learning the NBA. Randolph can help with the big men. But they could also add a veteran big man, I don't know off the top of my head who would be a nice fit right now.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: