Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617
    Great college starter

Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote Originally Posted by abuC

Calling me a dumbass, yet posting that long ass moronic drivel of a post, a high jump and a vertical are two entirely different types of jumps. A vertical is measured off no step, or 1 step and jumping off TWO FEET, your moronic copy and paste job has Wilt running and jumping off one foot.

Whoever posted that original post is just as delusional as you, wouldn't be surprised if it was Jlauber.

Verticals are measured in different ways...when Dwight did his "backboard jump", his vertical was around 38-39 inches with a run and jump. Your "max vertical" to me is as high as you can get by any means necessary within your physical limits.

Calling me a dumbass, yet posting that long ass moronic drivel of a post, a high jump and a vertical are two entirely different types of jumps. A vertical is measured off no step, or 1 step and jumping off TWO FEET, your moronic copy and paste job has Wilt running and jumping off one foot.

Whoever posted that original post is just as delusional as you, wouldn't be surprised if it was Jlauber.

I posted it - you didn't read it obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    And I don't really understand the extreme focus on Wilt's physical abilities. Javalle Mcgee is a physical specimen as well... so what? James White can do a 360, between the legs, from the FT dunk... so what?
    Compare Wilt to anyone out of the 1499 draftee's

www.draftexpress.com/measurements

Tell me when you find one with 4 measurements that equal or exceed Wilt's

Wilt Chamberlain
    7'1.06"
    7'8" Wingpsan
    9'7.5" Standing Reach in modern shoes greater than Yao Mings
    258lbs-292lbs-305lbs 1959-1971 playing weights, heavier still in 72-73 but unweighed - 327lbs at age 48
    4.6 40-yard barefoot
    36-42" vert 2x NCAA High-Jump Champ
    11.5" Hand Width - 2nd widest NBA hands ever recorded
    9.5" Hand Length - a basketball is only 9.4" in diameter
    IQ: There's nothing but unanimous praise and testimonial about Wilt's high basketball-IQ when the topic is brought up to his peers and contemporaries.

Javale McGee
    6'11 (-2.06")
    7'6 Wingspan (-2.0")
    9'6.5" Reach (-1.0")
    228lbs, 237lbs, 241lbs, 252lbs 2008-present (- a **** load of weight)
    3.25 second 3/4 court sprint ~= 5.2 40 yard dash (0.6 slower)
    32.5" Vertical
    Hand size: unmeasured. definitely large hands. still doubt they're as large as Wilt's.
    IQ: Dumb as a brick. Don't make me show the numerous youtube highlights why.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Verticals are measured in different ways...when Dwight did his "backboard jump", his vertical was around 38-39 inches with a run and jump. Your "max vertical" to me is as high as you can get by any means necessary within your physical limits.

No, a vertical is not measured in different ways, do you guys just come up with this shit on the fly?

The NFL and NBA combine both clearly define the way in which verticals are measured.

Also, just because you jump high off a running start and a one foot plant doesn't mean you'll get up higher off a two foot jump. Case in point LeBron James and James White, both get up considerably higher when they have a running start and plant off one leg than they do off two feet.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

I posted it - you didn't read it obviously.

Notice how it went from......"No way he can get up that high" to "Max verts. are measured straight up with no step"......

Cuba

Notice how it went from......"No way he can get up that high" to "Max verts. are measured straight up with no step"......

You two have been talking about VERTICALS for the last 30 minutes, unreal.

Again, if you think he could get up 40" off the ground then you also by definition believe his head was 5" above the rim, and of course like all things Wilt there's no actual evidence to support that claim.

Your maximum vertical can be calculated via high jump techniques prior to the fosbury flop - and or based on scissor jumps over a high jump bar.

Yes. It. Can.

Read the "drivel" - ask questions about it, or gtfo. Thanks

If your too stupid to comprehend how a vertical can be pulled in this manner than....

You two have been talking about VERTICALS for the last 30 minutes, unreal.

Again, if you think he could get up 40" off the ground then you also by definition believe his head was 5" above the rim, and of course like all things Wilt there's no actual evidence to support that claim.
    doesn't seem so far fetched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EpVZ...7eAUAAAAAAALAA

Great college starter

No, a vertical is not measured in different ways, do you guys just come up with this shit on the fly?

The NFL and NBA combine both clearly define the way in which verticals are measured.

Also, just because you jump high off a running start and a one foot plant doesn't mean you'll get up higher off a two foot jump. Case in point LeBron James and James White, both get up considerably higher when they have a running start and plant off one leg than they do off two feet.

In game of basketball, that is really all that matters isn't it??

Spud Webb has a recorded vertical of around 44"....if you think he did that just going straight up with no steps...your smoking that GOOD STUFF.

No photo or video shows Wilt getting higher than 36". none.
    Drop it already. And dunk a freethrow..isnt that what the OP is about LMAO

Cuba

Yet again, more ridiculous angles, if you think Wilt got up as high as that moronic video claims then I guess you also must believe LeBron's chest was at the rim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX990fnB6i8

Great college starter

Your maximum vertical can be calculated via high jump techniques prior to the fosbury flop - and or based on scissor jumps over a high jump bar.

Yes. It. Can.

Read the "drivel" - ask questions about it, or gtfo. Thanks

If your too stupid to comprehend how a vertical can be pulled in this manner than....

I already did the comparison with my on-court vertical vs. my track vertical over the 6' bar, and they came out damn close....NICE JOB

Yet again, more ridiculous angles, if you think Wilt got up as high as that moronic video claims then I guess you also must believe LeBron's chest was at the rim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX990fnB6i8
    Can you believe that jlauber actually believes that Wilt had a 50" vertical and benched 500 lbs and dunked freethrows...I mean it's just crazy

I already did the comparison with my on-court vertical vs. my track vertical over the 6' bar, and they came out damn close....NICE JOB
    Olympic High Jumpers have calculated their vertical based on their rise in COG and/or inseam over jumps such as a scissor jump - but apparently abuC don't trust such hocus pocus... aka basic subtraction.

NBA rookie of the year

Lets just quit this, we are talking about the GOAT basketball player, just look at his skillset;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oemQKScZ7MQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITxDdnzpnU8