Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

F**k this team is so damn frustrating.

Figures a short, chubby piece of shit 34% shooter goes Damian Lillard on us down the stretch. Only happens to UNC.

I can't decide if I love or hate this team. So f***ing infuriating. Got the three big wins but now have a home loss to Belmont and Texas and a road loss to UAB. Another 20+ missed FTs tonight and a piss poor, "I don't wanna be here" effort in the 1st half.

-Beat Louisville on a neutral floor
    -Beat Michigan State at Michigan State
    -Beat Kentucky at UNC

and....

-Lost at home to Belmont
    -Lose at UAB
    -Lose at home to a Texas team without a senior on the roster

Seriously, f**k this team.
    Last edited by KG215; 12-18-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Show me a worse free throw shooting team in the modern era of college basketball. Coaches should put in their walkons and foul everyone but Paige. That, and play zone. We would score like 30 points a game.

Rick Barnes owns Roy like Roy owns Izzo and Pitino. I get wanting to schedule Texas for recruiting purposes, but how about a different Texas team?

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Show me a worse free throw shooting team in the modern era of college basketball. Coaches should put in their walkons and foul everyone but Paige. That, and play zone. We would score like 30 points a game.

Rick Barnes owns Roy like Roy owns Izzo and Pitino. I get wanting to schedule Texas for recruiting purposes, but how about a different Texas team?
    We essentially have four Shaq-esque FT shooters on the floor at all times; and not even Shaq-esque for some of them, but more like Andre Drummond-esque. Even Leslie was terrible from the line tonight and he's, what, an 80% FT shooter for his career? Granted I can understand him struggling from the line his first game back so I'm willing to give him a bit of a pass. But the rest of the team minus Paige isn't even good enough to be deemed "bad" FT shooters; they're at least one or two notches below that.
    Last edited by KG215; 12-18-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

Yeah, at best a foul on defense (when UNC has the ball) is a one point possession, but there's a lot of empty trips to the FT line mixed in there as well. I mean any time JMM, Tokoto, Brice, Britt...well, pretty much anyone but Paige, got into the lane and looked like they were going for a shot, I'd just tell my players to foul them hard and put 'em on the line.

In UNC's three losses this is what they've done from the FT line:

Belmont: 22/48 (45.8%) - 3 point loss
    UAB: 4/11 (36.4%) - 4 point loss
    Texas: 24/47 (51.1%) - 3 point loss

The UAB game was due more to terrible rebounding and that played a part tonight, too, which is just headscratching since we have the size/bigs to match just about anyone in the country. But in those three losses we shot a combined 50/106 (47.2%). Like you said, you might be hard pressed to find a worse FT shooting team in the modern era, they're that bad.

Well if PJ is done, like he appears to be, the ceiling for this team is probably the Elite Eight. More than likely we are looking at a Round of 32 team; maybe Sweet 16 with a favorable match-up, or if Paige plays super hero. I say that very well knowing that we would be ranked #1 with the best resume in the country if the team could do fundamental basketball things, like make free throws and box out.

But there's too many flaws.

UK and Texas completely face guarded Paige and he still got his. He's that good - right now. My concerns are that he won't be able to keep this up all year (it's unreasonable, though not unrealistic) and we are playing him a lot of minutes. 36, 37, 35... These are not totals you want to see from your players in December. Remember that he's still undersized and did you see how hard he had to work to get open against Texas? Every single time down the floor there was an arm connected to him. This is a guy who is arguably our best perimeter defender, too. He grades out as such.

Have to post this because it's such an NBA move.

Then free throw shooting, 3pt shooting (don't trust Leslie, until he proves he can make shots when it matters), playing against physical defense, how we score when Paige is cold/taken out, inexperience, etc... Too many factors against us.

Because of that, I'm trying not to get too upset over this year's results. So as long as we make the NCAA Tournament, beat State, split dook, and keep the Clemson streak alive, the rest is gravy. Or I will try to keep that mindset. I still got upset in 2010.

Is James Micheal McAdoo trying to drop out of the first round?

P.J. Hairston officially done at UNC. The school won't ask the NCAA to re-instate him.

link

wiggins is getting some silly calls right now.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Watching Embiid today I can't help but think he is the best big man prospect since Greg Oden. Looks like Durant vs Oden part II will have a Jayhawk feel to it, and I think the big man comes out on top this time.

embiid is looking better every game i wonder how good he is gonna be by the time draft starts..

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    Watching Embiid today I can't help but think he is the best big man prospect since Greg Oden. Looks like Durant vs Oden part II will have a Jayhawk feel to it, and I think the big man comes out on top this time.
    I think Wiggins is just collapsing a bit under the hype. He is under a lot of pressure. He is getting a lot of calls in his favor now and his game has been underwhelming so far. Still in the convo for the number 1 pick tho.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I think Wiggins is just collapsing a bit under the hype. He is under a lot of pressure. He is getting a lot of calls in his favor now and his game has been underwhelming so far. Still in the convo for the number 1 pick tho.
    Not really a knock on Wiggins I'm just really buying what Embiid is selling. Not comparing them to these players, but I think it's like choosing between Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant. In other words, which HOF would you rather have.

Tank harder Celtics.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

What if Embiid stays in college? just imagine the development he can get once he enters the league..

@ wiggins i want to see what he can do on march madness as well as with parker and randle to find out more about their game..

I always hear this commentators saying that kansas together with uk and other young teams will be better come march..

I hope wiggins can prove he is the clear cut #1.

if embiid enters the draft it would be more like a kevin durant / greg oden ....

am not saying that wiggins = durant ok... just the decision that gm's will be making is to that effect.

Wtf did Behanan do?