Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2018, 01:24 PM   #46
chocolatethunder
Great college starter

Default Re: What could the Sixers get for Simmons?

Def do not wanna trade Simmons at all but he has not take a step forward this year as I hoped. He may end up a superstar or he may end up a 610 Rondo. Heres the deal w Simmons right now. Hes insane on the break controlling the ball. Excellent passer and a top notch defender. Hes not a great finisher and his an unwilling shooter w a FT% to match. As good as he is in transition, hes Not so great in the half court because of his inability to shoot. His seeming indifference about his inability to shoot is annoying but its not something I wanna trade him over. This is the one problem about the Sixers trading for a star while Embiid and Simmons are still developing. They still make stupid mistakes and the team is trending a little more towards win now mode. That doest mean that its bad it just means that both players have missed entire seasons and are a little behind and prone to stupid mistakes that they may not be in two more years. So you hope that you have the luck of them maturing quicker because of Butler (and other vets they may add) and Butler maintaining his level of play long enough for them all to jell together. Either way, its way too early in the season (and Butler just got here) to tell. If this is April of 2020 I would maybe be more worried about Simmons but I doubt I would trade him then.
chocolatethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #47
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Exactly.

Would you be open to moving Fultz?

Yes Im very open to moving Fultz
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #48
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yes Im very open to moving Fultz

Would you move him in a deal centered around TJ Warren?

Warren provides a lot of the things you said you want the Sixers to add...and he's on a great contract as well.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #49
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Look at every championship team since 2000, they all had PGs that can shoot, and most recently it's been the GOAT shooter.

There is no such thing as one thing you have to have unless you take it to a wide abstract like defense in general.

People did the "Look at past champions" shit every time until someone changed the way you win. You had to have a dominant center....till you didnt...then you had to win with defense and slowing it down for playoff bully ball...had a run of people wanting to copy Shaq/Kobe...get a big and a star wing...then you had to have shooters. You dont have to have anything specific.

You have to play defense. Ideally today you would have shooters...doesnt have to be specific positions though.

Wasnt 5 years ago people said jump shooting teams couldnt win...and had good evidence to suggest it.

None of this shit matters. Most teams with or without shooting arent gonna win. Ben is just an easy target to point at when the inevitable happens. Philly probably wont win the title and a bunch of teams that have points who can shoot wont win either.

Teams dont tend to win...even good ones...because winning a title is hard as hell. 2-3 teams can win for entire decades. The many losers arent all losing because of a lack of one thing....

But the rest still chase whatever that eras one thing is. Till someone shows you can win a different way. Its a copycat league. But it isnt a league that only lets you win one way.

It just looks that way to people who dont look that far into it.

76ers dont have to have shooting from the point...if they have shooting elsewhere.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:21 PM   #50
AI09
Sixers Dynasty

I'd send Fultz to the G leauge and just have him shoot jumpers(mainly 3s) and attack the rim untill he gains confidence. McConnell can take his spot in the rotation untill he gets past the yips
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:43 PM   #51
yeaaaman
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
There is no such thing as one thing you have to have unless you take it to a wide abstract like defense in general.

People did the "Look at past champions" shit every time until someone changed the way you win. You had to have a dominant center....till you didnt...then you had to win with defense and slowing it down for playoff bully ball...had a run of people wanting to copy Shaq/Kobe...get a big and a star wing...then you had to have shooters. You dont have to have anything specific.

You have to play defense. Ideally today you would have shooters...doesnt have to be specific positions though.

Wasnt 5 years ago people said jump shooting teams couldnt win...and had good evidence to suggest it.

None of this shit matters. Most teams with or without shooting arent gonna win. Ben is just an easy target to point at when the inevitable happens. Philly probably wont win the title and a bunch of teams that have points who can shoot wont win either.

Teams dont tend to win...even good ones...because winning a title is hard as hell. 2-3 teams can win for entire decades. The many losers arent all losing because of a lack of one thing....

But the rest still chase whatever that eras one thing is. Till someone shows you can win a different way. Its a copycat league. But it isnt a league that only lets you win one way.

It just looks that way to people who dont look that far into it.

76ers dont have to have shooting from the point...if they have shooting elsewhere.

Yea people get caught up on the specific "thing" that isn't happening for their team/player but there's a lot of different things that are part of winning.

Sure he can definitely benefit from a jumper but the guy is a magician on the break and can legit cover 4 positions for the course of a game and often times all 5 positions. I'm certain he'll get better
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:45 PM   #52
305Baller
NBA Detective

Trade Simmons for a top 5 guy. only way to get value.
Anthony Davis? no.
Durant. yea
lebron ? yea
giannis? ur dreamin
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:01 PM   #53
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

DMAVS I dont know enough of TJ Warren to say. Only have his rookie season to go off of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI09
I'd send Fultz to the G leauge and just have him shoot jumpers(mainly 3s) and attack the rim untill he gains confidence. McConnell can take his spot in the rotation untill he gets past the yips

Thats not going to help
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:03 PM   #54
NBAplayoffs2001
One of the Goodfellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
DMAVS I dont know enough of TJ Warren to say. Only have his rookie season to go off of.

Thats not going to help

Agreed.

Just sending him down to the D League will ruin the kid's confidence.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: