Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: Anyone got a good method to lose weight?

Just watch what you eat, NO PROCESSED FOODS ... THE ONLY PROCESSED FOOD THAT YOU SHOULD BE EATING IS TURKEY BURGERS. 1 or 2 turkey burgers is good.

I forgot to mention that you should eat a fruit after your meals.

Sleep early & work out 2 or 3 times a week. The more muscle you have, the more you lose weight, & the more it'll boost up your metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Don't listen to those moronic suggestions. My advice for you is to go straight Paleo, which means eating a lot of RED or WHITE meat. You have to eat healthy to get your metabolism up, not eating will not help your case.

Pork
    Cow meat
    Chicken
    Tuna/Fish
    Eggs
    Pickles
    Turkey Burger
    Avoid ketchup or any types of sauce that contains (High Fructose Corn Syrup, google it.)

Eat in MODERATION, if you don't eat rice -- that's good. Eat a lot of greens like salad.

AND THEN JUST RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, JUST RUN 2-3 miles whenever you can. If it helps you, run in intervals. Run for 5 mins. take a break for a minute, run for 10 mins, take a break for 1 & 30 mins. Run for another 10, take a break for a minute & the rest is up to you.

YOU HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT. Discipline/consistency, hardwork & dedication is the key to achieve your goal.

Good luck.
    Have you ever lost weight? (obviously) And how much did you lose and how long did it take and what was your exact daily routine?

Just watch what you eat, NO PROCESSED FOODS ... THE ONLY PROCESSED FOOD THAT YOU SHOULD BE EATING IS TURKEY BURGERS. 1 or 2 turkey burgers is good.

I forgot to mention that you should eat a fruit after your meals.

Sleep early & work out 2 or 3 times a week. The more muscle you have, the more you lose weight, & the more it'll boost up your metabolism.
    what weight Dumbells should i use when i work out

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    OK I see what you're doing now.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Is there a certain way you suppose to cook those meats? Like fried, baked, or grilled?
    If you don't have money for olive oil, then just bake it. It's disgusting, but it'll pay off. I wouldn't mind grilling, though. Rob Wolff grills bacon in the morning. He really said that Eggs, Bacon & coffee are good for you. Those food contains the nutrients you need to start your day off.

Sugar is your enemy.... Sugar is what makes you fat, not fat. Cut out all the sugars.... Also, if you wanna lose weight, you gotta burn off more calories than you take in. It's almost impossible to lose 30-40 pounds in 2 months....I've lost 25-30 pounds in like 3-4 months.... i was running every day and barely eating anything. Good luck though!

Very good NBA starter

stop eating so much. that's usually a proven method.

Quote Originally Posted by IInvented
    Sugar is your enemy.... Sugar is what makes you fat, not fat. Cut out all the sugars.... Also, if you wanna lose weight, you gotta burn off more calories than you take in. It's almost impossible to lose 30-40 pounds in 2 months....I've lost 25-30 pounds in like 3-4 months.... i was running every day and barely eating anything. Good luck though!
    What weight were you when you started and finished and What meals did you eat

Don't change your eating habits. Just make sure you either run, do jumping jacks, and do a few ab routines at night. And when I say run, I mean run into you feel your abs tighten. Basketball has more to do with stamina then you think.

Home of the 16

Have you ever lost weight? (obviously) And how much did you lose and how long did it take and what was your exact daily routine?
    I went through a depression like 5 years ago? Gained 10-15 lbs. in over 2 months. I just really let myself go. haha I had a horrible metabolism, it was just crazy.

I was 5'10, I was around 185, went up to 200. & at that time, when I weighed myself -- I WAS LIKE, WHAT THE FUCK.F*CK MY LIFE, OH-EM-GEE. That was my motivation ever since.

Before the depression, basketball was my life, so I just had a little baby bump & my face blew up. HAHA

I did not do any road work, I just ran laps around the court & lifted weights, did a lot of jump ropes, sit-ups.

"Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do."
    I wrote that on my wall.

It's been 5 years & I'm down to 180. Took me about 3 or 4 months to get my old body back.

Write down how many calories you eat per day for a week straight and then calculate the average. After that, you can look on the internet for calculators that will show you how many calories you need to cut from your current diet in order to reach a designated weight. I have done this every time I cut and it has never failed to work. That being said, I also lift weights and run. If you consume less calories than your maintenance, you will lose weight. It's an awfully simple concept, so there is no reason to overcomplicate it.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

How long would it take to turn the fat into muscle
    How long would it take to lose 20-30 pounds
    Which would take more effort and dieting?

You can lose 30 pounds in 4-6 months with regular diet and exercise.

Do you play basketball? If you don't want to run (cause running sucks), play a lot of basketball.

Look at protein content in foods. Eat more fish, nuts, dairy. Like others have said, stay away from anything processed. That shit will slow your metabolism to a crawl and just the mere thought of exercising will put you to sleep. If you ever get sleepy after eating a meal, you know you're eating the wrong thing. I know from experience.

It depends on how much you can lift and which lifts you are doing. It seems like you would be better off with a solid kettlebell workout.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    It depends on how much you can lift and which lifts you are doing. It seems like you would be better off with a solid kettlebell workout.
    I wouldn't suggest kettlebells if he doesn't know what he's doing, if he's new to working out, then no. If he has someone to guide him, then yeah, sure, be careful.

I wouldn't suggest kettlebells if he doesn't know what he's doing, if he's new to working out, then no. If he has someone to guide him, then yeah, sure, be careful.
    That's true, it would be a pretty good idea to watch plenty of tutorials and take it really slow. Also, if he does get kettlebells, they should be very light weight. He could easily hurt himself lifting dumbells or barbells as well though. If he takes it slow, there shouldn't be any problems.