Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-16-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
High Potential
Best poster ever

High Potential has decent reputation
Default Do You Blame Free Tacos for Our Team Doing So Well??

Hear me out. The free tacos inspired the team to play hard D, because the Lakers knew how pissed the fans fans get when they don't get their tacos. The chants of "We want tacos" from the fans also gave the Lakers comedic relief that they needed in tough times. Basically, it set the standard, even if subconciously that every game the Lakers had to hold their opponent to under 100. I personally think that the Tacos aren't the reason we are doing so well, but they are the catalyst as to why we're doing so well. The Tacos are what started things off, and the rest is history.
High Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:02 AM   #2
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board
Default Re: Do You Blame Free Tacos for Our Team Doing So Well??

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Potential
Hear me out. The free tacos inspired the team to play hard D, because the Lakers knew how pissed the fans fans get when they don't get their tacos. The chants of "We want tacos" from the fans also gave the Lakers comedic relief that they needed in tough times. Basically, it set the standard, even if subconciously that every game the Lakers had to hold their opponent to under 100. I personally think that the Tacos aren't the reason we are doing so well, but they are the catalyst as to why we're doing so well. The Tacos are what started things off, and the rest is history.

Hold on now! "blame" is the wrong word. CREDIT is a more aptly applied term. I credit the taco's!

Furthermore, I hereby nominate the tacos as teh sixth men of the year.
It's that whole, " if a butterfly flaps its wings on another continent" effect. Inevitably, the fans want results, the Lakers feel the pressure, the viewer wants a victory, and in reciprocation, the fans get their tacos!!

I don't care how the Lakers get it done!...The taco promotion is working.
PERIOD!!!

This fact cannot be in dispute. So, I better not find out that the taco promotion is on the skids.

Darn it...as I speak the Queens just scored 100+1!!

Grrrrrrrr!!!
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:07 AM   #3
High Potential
Best poster ever

I know! It seems like teams we blow out, they have one goal, to steal our tacos! MAN I don't even get any of the tacos but it still makes me pissed!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

um... ill just keep thinking that this is suppose to be a humor filled post.. cause if not, it contains some purty funny issues

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

they should be giving their best regardless of the situation
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jack in the Box tacos? I heard they use Pidgeon meat....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

i don't care... lol i have this thing for jack in the box tacos, cheap premade pulverized mystery meat,nothing like a real taco but for some reason i can sit down and eat 5 of the things with a smile on my face
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Fans really got into it when it came time to play defense.. I loved it!
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:41 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

lol you just got me started.

Back in egypt when my grandmother was still alive, she would snatch pigeons right off the balcony and bam, dinner is served!

Tasted pretty good actually, but because she always served it with the head, it kinda scarred me.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

Quote:

The wife calls it "Mystery Paste".
Old 04-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol @ mystery paste!!! haha

as for lakerfreak and his grandma, what a story... i'll remember never to have you serve me any food.. i could get roasted pigeon with super hot sauce!

Tacos please? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rZBxn3Zx8

Old 04-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #12
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCV42
The wife calls it "Mystery Paste".
my wife doesn't eat beef, and she asked "is it beef?" i said it's doubtful it's actually meat... lol i don't care whatever that crud is they are good, kinda like hotdogs you don't really want to know what's in em. just shush up and enjoy them
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #13
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
my wife doesn't eat beef, and she asked "is it beef?" i said it's doubtful it's actually meat... lol i don't care whatever that crud is they are good, kinda like hotdogs you don't really want to know what's in em. just shush up and enjoy them

they make vegetarian hot dogs you know... they are not too bad... we eat them in our family.. high protein, no fat.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #14
SCV42
Buck Foston

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

Actually, one day my sister asked the manager at Jack in the Box what was in those taco's. The manager boldy claimed it was beef and oatmeal just puree'd to bits.

Just like you, I don't wanna know whats in 'em. Hot dogs= Lips and A-holes. Chicken franks=beaks and feathers. Taco's? who knows...

Good stuff
Old 04-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #15
High Potential
Best poster ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol you just got me started.

Back in egypt when my grandmother was still alive, she would snatch pigeons right off the balcony and bam, dinner is served!

Tasted pretty good actually, but because she always served it with the head, it kinda scarred me.
You used to live in Egypt? Me too! I lived in Diigla Maadi, in Cairo, right next to CAC, which is where I went to school, and my apartment was across the street from Shell Shop!! What about you??
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: