Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-09-2014, 02:01 AM   #1
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Libertarians.....

Where are you?
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:01 AM   #2
Im Still Ballin
Just ****en relax aye

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Libertarians.....

I'm a librarian!
Im Still Ballin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #3
BasedTom
Wealth Beyond Measure

BasedTom is popular on this boardBasedTom is popular on this boardBasedTom is popular on this boardBasedTom is popular on this board

Before things get heated, I'd like to point out that they're normal hardworking people like the rest of us. You see them flipping burgers, waiting in welfare lines, and posting on internet messageboards.

There's no need to attack their character because you disagree with their political beliefs.
BasedTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:08 AM   #4
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedTom
Before things get heated, I'd like to point out that they're normal hardworking people like the rest of us. You see them flipping burgers, waiting in welfare lines, and posting on internet messageboards.

There's no need to attack their character because you disagree with their political beliefs.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:13 AM   #5
Duggrr
Trillard to Aldridge!

Duggrr has an OK reputation so far

I'm a social libertarian, though not economic. As far as foreign policy, I find libertarianism enticing, but often unrealistic when considering US relations with other nations.
Duggrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:18 AM   #6
BasedTom
Wealth Beyond Measure

BasedTom is popular on this boardBasedTom is popular on this boardBasedTom is popular on this boardBasedTom is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
It's just a friendly reminder. On the internet, political discussion is no different than debating religion. It always gets ugly.
BasedTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:28 AM   #7
GimmeThat
Decent college freshman

GimmeThat posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGimmeThat posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGimmeThat posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedTom
It's just a friendly reminder. On the internet, political discussion is no different than debating religion. It always gets ugly.

they might like prettier girls from the inside out after it though

;)

as for girls discussing politics and religion, they might end up being attracted to trashy self-entitled Mark Twainist

GimmeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #8
Breezy
Great young streetballer

Breezy is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Where are you?

Here. Small L.. Actually Big L too since I'm still a registered member of the party. I haven't voted for them in a while though.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #9
Cactus-Sack
Bang Bang!

Cactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCactus-Sack is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy
Here. Small L.. Actually Big L too since I'm still a registered member of the party. I haven't voted for them in a while though.
Really? Gary Johnson was the first actual Libertarian they've nominated in 20 years or so..
Cactus-Sack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #10
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

OP has learned a new word
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:08 AM   #11
Breezy
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus-Sack
Really? Gary Johnson was the first actual Libertarian they've nominated in 20 years or so..

Yes he was. Although he was ironically still less Libertarian than Ron Paul. The last 3 elections have put me off on electoral politics. I'm not sure how much it matters what president we get. I guess I have voted for some city councel members that I knew were libertarians but that's about all I do any more.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:10 AM   #12
russwest0
Forever Young

russwest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

If I had to pick a party to affiliate with it's libertarian, no doubt.

However I am in favor of abolishing the party system.
russwest0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:51 AM   #13
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Where are you?

They are right wing communists in that it is a good idea in theory, but it won't work in reality, just like communism.
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:04 AM   #14
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan
They are right wing communists in that it is a good idea in theory, but it won't work in reality, just like communism.

Pretty good to me except they don't have a strong stance on certain ideas, which is very strange.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:16 AM   #15
Breezy
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan

You're using words where the don't belong. Like 'Right Wing' and 'Communist'.

Maybe when Libertarians are in charge and everything goes to shit that argument might have more credence. For now we don't have a libertarian society to judge. We do however have pretty good evidence on the failure of Communist states and the reasons for it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: