Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sons of Anarchy Season 4

It just didn't fit well with the history of the show imo. It just seemed like explosions for the sake of explosions. But hey that's just me.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

That's because they were dealing with the Cartel. Before they've only dealt with other MC's, ATF, the Irish, the Niners, the Russians, the Mayans, the Nords. So it didn't fit with any of those. But the Cartel is some serious sh*t.

I understand the Cartels are an escalation of everything the gang has dealt with in the past but it still didn't feel authentic in the context of the show for me. That's just for me tho I'm sure it didn't bother most people.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Opie is Berteir from Remember The Titans. That blows my mind.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Opie being Bertier gets me every time too. I think about it all the time for some reason. And I for some reason constantly want to tell people that. Only to find out that almost no one really knows her Bertier is well enough to give a shit. I mean that transformation from that movie is at least as big a jump as Hayden Pentieri going from the smart mouth little girl to a smoking hot diva. And the only other thing I can think of the guy in is some WWII era movie and I don't even remember which one.

I can at least see the point that that last battle was a little out of place. And to me it wasn't even out of place in terms of context for what happened. It just didn't look right. The distance didn't look right. The explosions looked too TVish, if anyone gets my meaning. Even stuff as little as the posture of the guys holding the weapons just felt out of place. It was more a directing issue to me, but it felt like a directing issue because the scene was sort of shoehorned in.

I will say, for the shows I watch, and I don't watch Mad Men or Breaking Bad, but I do watch a lot of highly regarded shows, since last years season finale, this has been the best show I've watched. I feel like it's better than Boardwalk over that time span, which is no knock on Boardwalk. It's had some flaws that I've mentioned in previous threads on it, like the supporting characters have seemed a little one note in the past, but it's addressed to some degree almost everything. Even the stuff that I feel is a little hokey, is at least true to world they've assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Opie is Berteir from Remember The Titans. That blows my mind.
    That just blew my mind, I had no idea.

Thorpe pretty much explained exactly what I felt about the Cartel fight. If it was directed and shot better I probably wouldn't have felt like it was so out of place. It just didn't feel right.

And holy shit I never made the connection that Opie is Bertier until now.

You should def watch Mad Men tho Thorpe. It lives up to the hype.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

The cartel fight, while cool, didn't seem as realistic as it could've been because I never felt like Clay, Jax, Chibs or any of the main Sons was ever truly in danger. C'mon I mean Kozick is gone for a few episodes and then they wipe him out?! Who's next? Happy?!.....again...not one of the truly main guys.

Oh and the stupidity of Tara is beyond me. Why did she jack up her hand more?! While she has raised Abel, she must realize what feelings Abel's mom has for wanting to see him. I mean it's not like Abel is 20 and his mom wants back into his life. His mom doesn't want to take the kid away.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    The cartel fight, while cool, didn't seem as realistic as it could've been because I never felt like Clay, Jax, Chibs or any of the main Sons was ever truly in danger. C'mon I mean Kozick is gone for a few episodes and then they wipe him out?! Who's next? Happy?!.....again...not one of the truly main guys.

Oh and the stupidity of Tara is beyond me. Why did she jack up her hand more?! While she has raised Abel, she must realize what feelings Abel's mom has for wanting to see him. I mean it's not like Abel is 20 and his mom wants back into his life. His mom doesn't want to take the kid away.
    I think it's because the more jacked up her hands are the more she's able to be a stay at home mom. Now that Abels mom is back, there's 'competition'. So she purposely damaged her hand more allowing her to stay in the kids lives. Even if that's wrong, keep in mind it's all drama anyway.

"Nothing more dangerous than a guy that already knows he's dead".

Seems like even Clay knows he's going to be taken out.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    "Nothing more dangerous than a guy that already knows he's dead".

Seems like even Clay knows he's going to be taken out.
    LOL nooo man he was referring to Chief Unser's cancer

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

He was talking to and about Unser but also about himself at the same time. Clay doesn't have any allies left besides the Cartel who couldn't care less about him if he wasn't the Pres of SAMCRO.

Does anyone else feel that the way Ron Perlman has played Clay that he's almost the Darth Vader of TV? I can only picture Perlman pulling this off. I hated Stahl, the Nords, Zoebelle. I hate Clay too but it's like Darth Vader where you love to hate him. I know he has to go... eventually. I just don't want it to be this season.
    Last edited by ConanRulesNBC; 11-18-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    LOL nooo man he was referring to Chief Unser's cancer
    Dude, he killed Opies wife and his dad. He knows if Opie finds out that he'll have problems. He killed Jaxs dad, and had a hit out on Tara, when Jax finds out he'll have another problem. He also knows that Tig left the club because of his fight with Gemma and other reasons. His character isn't stupid, he knows his time is coming soon. Hell, even Gemma most likely wants to kill Clay. He's the cause of a lot of problems and he knows it.

Of course he was also talking about Unser.

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Serious playground baller Applause's Avatar

-------------------------------------------------------------
    P.S.
    http://sutterink.blogspot.com/2011/1...iving.html?m=1