Post List of side effects associated with Cannabis

$$$$$$

/list

Banned

Default Re: List of side effects associated with Cannabis

How's the website going Samuels

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Almost everything has side effects including weed.

Use of marijuana can cause dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, dry or red eyes, heart and blood pressure problems, lung problems, impaired mental functioning, headache, dizziness, numbness, panic reactions, hallucinations, flashbacks, depression, and sexual problems

Pregnancy: Marijuana is UNSAFE when taken by mouth or smoked during pregnancy. Marijuana passes through the placenta and can slow the growth of the fetus. Marijuana use during pregnancy is also associated with childhood leukemia and abnormalities in the fetus.

Breast-feeding: Using marijuana, either by mouth or by inhalation is LIKELY UNSAFE during breast-feeding. The dronabinol (THC) in marijuana passes into breast milk and extensive marijuana use during breast-feeding may result in slowed development in the baby.

Heart disease: Marijuana might cause rapid heartbeat, short-term high blood pressure. It might also increase the risk of a having heart attack.

A weakened immune system: Cannabinoids in marijuana can weaken the immune system, which might make it more difficult for the body to fight infections.
    Almost everything has side effects including pot.

Lung diseases: Long-term use of marijuana can make lung problems worse. Regular, long-term marijuana use has been associated with lung cancer and also with several cases of an unusual type of emphysema, a lung disease.

Seizure disorders: Marijuana might make seizure disorders worse in some people; in other people it might help to control seizures.

Surgery: Marijuana affects the central nervous system. It might slow the central nervous system too much when combined with anesthesia and other medications during and after surgery. Stop using marijuana at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.

http://www.m.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/i...juana/source-3

rank sentamentalist

weed makes people paranoid dude. it's widespread and obvious. doesn't mean it should be criminalized, nor is criminalization the only reason for the paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    weed makes people paranoid dude. it's widespread and obvious. doesn't mean it should be criminalized, nor is criminalization the only reason for the paranoia.
    Paranoia is manageable, you have to remind yourself that you are susceptible to paranoia when smoking. Other than that OP is a moron.

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    That's one reason I never liked it. But millions love it, so obviously it affects them differently.

Banned

I've taken pretty much every drug/stimulant on the planet

Weed's alright. Lungs get little rusty on it but it's nothin compared to the liver damage on krok. Never touch that shit dudes. I've tried it a few times and honestly it is ****ing insane.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Paranoia is manageable, you have to remind yourself that you are susceptible to paranoia when smoking. Other than that OP is a moron.
    oh yeah you can definitely manage it. err, you can perhaps and i can, but lots of people can't. the most common response i get when i ask people why they don't do drugs is that they don't like the loss of control over a) their body aka weakened immune system head aches dehydration nausea when you do too much b) their mind which becomes easily distractable and occasionally obsessive, or it just becomes comfortably cozy in blocking out everything around it...

as we know neither of these symptoms are desirable. i genuinely support the op's crusade because it is long overdue, but there are definitely considerable side effects and cannibus (see, i remembered; marijuana is "neo racist" or whatever) is not for everybody.

Mj has so many paradoxical effects tho. Anxiety or the heightened sense of fear is all in your brain but for a drug that is supposed to chill you out or mellow you out, it has a tendency to raise panic. You never see anyone pop a xanie or any other benzo and have a panic attack.

I do stand behind mj as a painkiller tho. With the current crisis of opiate and heroin abuse in this country, mj would be the much better option - the lesser evil of the two if you will...opiate addiction leads to heroin use, but even if you stick to opiates, your life takes a spiral. Not to mentionthe possibility of respiratory depression that results when people chase the high.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by HitandRun Reggie
    That's one reason I never liked it. But millions love it, so obviously it affects them differently.
    i used to get paranoid but now i just get rambunctious and my heart goes a mile a minute and i'm a little more condescending in conversation occasionally escalating to just flat out being a jackass but it's definitely a good time

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Mj has so many paradoxical effects tho. Anxiety or the heightened sense of fear is all in your brain but for a drug that is supposed to chill you out or mellow you out, it has a tendency to raise panic. You never see anyone pop a xanie or any other benzo and have a panic attack.

I do stand behind mj as a painkiller tho. With the current crisis of opiate and heroin abuse in this country, mj would be the much better option - the lesser evil of the two if you will...opiate addiction leads to heroin use, but even if you stick to opiates, your life takes a spiral. Not to mentionthe possibility of respiratory depression that results when people chase the high.
    Lesser evil? Its whole different league, i've never touched opiates and probably never will, MJ doesnt have long term side effects (except for psychosis in rare cases), while "xanie" and everything else will run you into the ground. As for anxiety from MJ, your immediate surrounding is definitely a factor, i also cant chill in public or surrounded by lots of people (prefer smoking alone).

Lesser evil? Its whole different league, i've never touched opiates and probably never will, MJ doesnt have long term side effects (except for psychosis in rare cases), while "xanie" and everything else will run you into the ground. As for anxiety from MJ, your immediate surrounding is definitely a factor, i also cant chill in public or surrounded by lots of people (prefer smoking alone).
    That's why i said it's a lesser evil. You may do fine smoking and still contribute to society, however, that is not always the case. People do form a psychological addiction to the drug and may become a drag on society. I know people who are irresponsible parents, family members, coworkers, etc because of their Marijuana addiction. We even have a douche poster by the name of Duecewallaces who is of great choleric temper because of his Marijuana use.

Banned

I've smoked too many times to count and have tried countless different strains and not 1 has ever made me paranoid and I have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder my entire life.

I guess everyone is different. I personally can't understand how it makes people paranoid but I can only speak for myself.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Well from observing your activity on here, weed apparently makes you constantly create threads on a basketball forum about why it shouldn't be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    I've taken pretty much every drug/stimulant on the planet

Weed's alright. Lungs get little rusty on it but it's nothin compared to the liver damage on krok. Never touch that shit dudes. I've tried it a few times and honestly it is ****ing insane.
    Ive done kinda a lot o drugs, and I've heard about this stuff, sounds terrifying. Care to share any stories about it?

Anyway, marijuana has tons of aide affects, but so does sitting, reading, shaving etc etc