Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Kevin Love reacts to Kyrie's vision

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    My problem is.... Not about the shots difficulty. I've seen Tony Parker have that same space for a mid range jumper on numerous occasions, but if there's a wide open three point shooter in the spot Love was in 90% of the time he swings the ball. Parker's a great mid range shooter, but you're giving up a good shot for an even better shot (completley wide open, ready to catch and shoot). The reason the Spurs offense is so good , is because they're willing to sacrifice good shots for great shots

Also, I'd like to add that it's not about whether it was a point guard like Rubio vs Kyrie, either way 1 more pass would lead the a better shot

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Kyrie's jumper is wet. He's a pure shooter like Curry, or like Nash, Price, Kerr, and other guys from the past.

He also has the sickest handles in the league, and IS a willing passer.

This thread should be locked for ridiculousness.
    kyrie is a worse defender than calderon

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Or, it remains to be seen how the new acquisitions work with Kyrie. That's the point I've been making. This should be a give and take, not just taking all of Kyrie's best traits away to force him into a role he's uncomfortable with. Kyrie is 22 years old and one of the best young players in the league. Part of his "fit" is that when LBJ is 35, Kyrie will be 27 and in his absolute prime. Basketball will exist beyond LeBron James and even Kevin Love. Kyrie was the youngest starting PG in the whole league this time last season. He's younger than Shabazz Napier and MCW. We don't really know what Kyrie's game will look like when he is in his prime.

On top of that, he's been playing with Love and LeBron and all of these other guys for about a month and people are already dissecting relatively benign plays as if they're the ultimate sign of friction and in fighting. I watched the game last night... Love and Kyrie looked pleased to be sharing the court together. I saw no indication of problems.

That isn't to say Kyrie should play exactly the way he did last year or the year before. He has always been the focus of the Cavs' offensive gameplan and the focus of the opposing defenses. Both of those dynamics have clearly changed. But, that doesn't mean it's all on him to adapt his game and Love, LeBron and everyone else should play exactly the way they did on their respective teams. This is a totally different situation for everyone and it is going to take a little time to get everyone on the same page.

It seems to me that people are really eager to tear into Kyrie every time there's a small bump in the road and even sometimes when there's not.
    Good post. If they do get it together, they are easily the favorites to come out of the East......

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Good post. If they do get it together, they are easily the favorites to come out of the East......
    When you get down to it, you can probably understand how this whole thing is incredibly annoying for actual Cavs fans. We've spent the past two years trying to build our future around Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson (to a lesser extent). Now, all of a sudden, LeBron and Love join the team and they bring with them these hoards of fans who've probably not watched the team play a single time in the last three years, but they're ready to throw everyone who was here prior right under the bus at the soonest possible opportunity. It's easy to forget that the first domino to fall this past summer was Kyrie Irving signing the max contract extension. Now, he's being totally taken for granted. The guy was arguably the best player in the World Cup tournament a couple months ago. He can play and he's freaking 22 years old.

We're all hoping that this thing works out seamlessly, but logic tells me there will probably be a few bumps in the road on the way to building a title contender. It looks like Kyrie has been the designated scapegoat for player fans to blame when those bumps inevitably show themselves.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I dont think many want Kyrie to turn into a spot up shooter. But I cant think of any point in all history...who wouldnt defer heavily to teammates the likes of which he has...

That id want on my team.

There are guys who wouldnt....just not guys you expect to ever see holding a trophy.

Guys like Isiah Thomas could score 25 a game...hes out there passing up shots all night to get James edwards and past his prime Aguirre going.

Isiah is who he needs to pattern himself after. Dont stop being who you are...just learn when to call on it.

Great college starter

Kyrie needs to study Tony parker

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Kyrie should be traded for a center preferably Drummond.

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Not a good enough defender.

lol at over reacting to the preseason doe
    Last edited by navy; 10-23-2014 at 08:30 PM.

5-time NBA All-Star

I don't really think its a great mix as it was made out to be. Wade and Lebron had the same strengths but Wade had to sacrifice big time to make it work. Had Lebron went in the post things probably could have been different. But he didn't and now he's lost weight. For selfish reasons I love Kyrie's game - he's one of the most exciting players to watch and he's going to have to tone it down for his team to win - Wade is my example. Lebron is taking the excitement out of the game one player at a time. But it will be fun to see what type of player Lebron will morph into this year.

I don't think they are going to win it all next year anyway being that two of the key players have never been to the playoffs. Will be interesting to see how Kyrie responds to pressure. He was crazy clutch two years ago but a full year of pressure is a different animal. Lebron lost his edge in the three peat - he just didn't have another gear when SA said "we owe you one." Its a long path and it works on certain players.

Unlike the last big three, this group is more demanding on its individual pieces. Meaning I would watch games and Wade and Bosh could be very, very quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Thing is, that's not a difficult shot at all for him. Those who've watched him for his first three years in the league know that. A midrange shot from straight away in rhythm is one of his most reliable weapons. And, people are talking about it being "highly contested." That shot was just barely contested and that result will happen more than half the time if he gets that shot that easily.

You'll realize this the more you watch him. If Gasol had stepped out on the screen? Different story. He didn't and the result was a pretty wide open look.
    yeah it wasn't contested. A contested shot is one that the shooter has to change. That's like a go to move with someone jumping at the end. This isn't NBA 2k.

-Smak

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Last edited by El Gato Negro; 10-24-2014 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    The only bigs on the level of Kyrie (in terms of trade value) are guys like Blake Griffin, DeMarcus Cousins, Marc Gasol, and a few others. They can get way more than just Drummond for Kyrie.