Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Brandon Jennings thinks Rick Rubio is overhyped

While I agree Rubio is hyped who is Jennings to be talking. He is next next Marbury, a team cancer who doesn't know when to stfu. He might even be the next Sebastian Telfair.

I would take Rubio over Jenning a million times over. Honestly, what player has that low of class to bash another professional athlete for not being as good as themselves?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

That's what struck me the most, too. Jennings sounds like the kind of guy who'd cry for more shots and blast his coach if he gets schooled. He's a headache waiting to happen.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    I hope the Warriors snag Jennings at #7 if he's there.

Brandon Jennings
    Monta Ellis
    Stephen Jackson
    Corey Maggette
    Andris Biedrins

whoop!
    I'd love to see how that lineup does. I was a Jennings fan pre OakHill when he was tearing it up with Demar Derozan in LA/Compton they used to straight up kill dudes at pickup games

Banned

ricky rubio is brandon jennings little bi tch

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Johnny Flynn's reaction to Jennings's answer of that question is hilarious. Speaking of, I don't think he's worthy of a top 4 pick or anything, but in terms of demeanor Flynn seems like exactly what you'd want as a franchise. Maybe it just seemed that way with him sitting next to a clown.

Banned

And here are a couple clips of Brandon's "excellent defense" on an injured Rubio, who is playing with a cast on his shooting wrist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVYFLscLwNo&fmtl=18
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 06-13-2009 at 07:48 AM.

Jennings has an intriguing personality. I dont knock him for these comments. I actually like them. Nothing like a little smack talk, competition. Flynn is better than both in my book. Him being undersized is balloney. He's no more undersized than Tony Parker, Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    While I agree Rubio is hyped who is Jennings to be talking. He is next next Marbury, a team cancer who doesn't know when to stfu. He might even be the next Sebastian Telfair.

I would take Rubio over Jenning a million times over. Honestly, what player has that low of class to bash another professional athlete for not being as good as themselves?
    You cant even attempt to explain how Jennings is a team cancer.
    Last edited by GOBB; 06-13-2009 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    I did find it hilarious that all the examples he mentioned were black.
    Maybe because all the top PG prospects are? Just a thought unless you have other prospects non black who should have been listed. Doubt it tho.

No way...a black guy thinks a white guy is overrated? F'n clown
    No an American finds a European overrated. Look at your weak attempt to pull the race card.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Maybe because all the top PG prospects are? Just a thought unless you have other prospects non black who should have been listed. Doubt it tho.

No an American finds a European overrated. Look at your weak attempt to pull the race card.
    You can't be serious? When it comes to basketball and the US there is ALWAYS racism involved. Let's face it, black people are racist towards everyone else especially white people when it comes to basketball in the US. There certainly isn't anyone anywhere that does not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    You can't be serious? When it comes to basketball and the US there is ALWAYS racism involved. Let's face it, black people are racist towards everyone else especially white people when it comes to basketball in the US. There certainly isn't anyone anywhere that does not know it.
    And yet Ricky Rubio isnt "white" nor is his hands clean...

This has little to do with blacks dissing whites and moreso with Americans dissing Europeans. Face it.

Decent playground baller FrenchDude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    If Patrick Mills didn't play college ball and if he was the one having all the hype, don't you think Jennings could have said similar comments towards Mills?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Or....Jennings just really does think Rubio's overhyped.

Local High School Star Bush4Ever's Avatar

Anyone who denies that there is a real sociological aspect to white players being judged diferently (good or bad) by some people based on race is in some serious denial. It's a real dynamic and it DOES exist.

With that being said, unless there is a pattern of behavior (I don't know) that would suggest it is based in race and not location, hype, or just plain observation, how about we all just admit that we don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by Bush4Ever
    Anyone who denies that there is a real sociological aspect to white players being judged diferently (good or bad) by some people based on race is in some serious denial. It's a real dynamic and it DOES exist.
    Where stating the obvious happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Jennings isn't really one to talk in this case. I saw Joventut vs Roma earlier this year and while Jennings and Rubio only were playing against each other for a few minutes, Ricky routinely took Jennings off the dribble and gave him hell on the defensive end.

Ricky has accomplished far more in a superior league than Jennings has.
    I saw that, Jennings twirtles like a fairy.