Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2019, 11:30 AM   #46
warriorfan
The Playboy
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 23,086
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
Kobe fans sound so butt-hurt in this thread . Durant being the biggest poosy in sports history will forever hold a special place in their hearts because it assured the only thing they care about (LeBron losing). So they continue to pedal this fantasy where it was either KD or bust for GS after 2016. Rightttt . As if simply a small upgrade over Harrison Barnes wouldn't have done the trick. Or heck, a few bounces here and there and they would've even won in 2016. But it's not the big security blanket the presence of KD on a 73-win roster gives Kobe fans, so they'll continue to push this agenda of him being oh so necessary as opposed to the league-ruining overkill that it was.

Which makes GS' dominance without KD the last 3 seasons + the continued mockery of his worthless rings so enjoyable. And that's what infuriates Kobe fans. They want the world to believe KD's presence was a major necessity for GS to triumph over LeBron the last 2 Finals (you know, when GS annihilated Cleveland). I bet they root against GS like no tomorrow when KD's out.

The grief, the anger, the unyielding despair



Thank you. Come again.
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #47
Bankaii
Trust the process.
 
Bankaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6,219
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
You're a dumb faggot.

If you don't think the Warriors play more as a team and move the ball more without KD, you LITERALLY have not watched a SINGLE Warriors game. Not one. NOT ONE!!!

Not in anything other than a coma induced brain dead state, anyways.

Not a single ****ing game.
You alright dude?

Never did I suggest that, I actually agree fully with this particular point.

But I've seen some suggest the Warriors are better without KD, which is absolutely moronic.
I personally believe your point about Curry being the BITW the past 3-4 years is also dumb, but that's an opinion.
Bankaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #48
Ben Simmons 25
Decent college freshman
 
Ben Simmons 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,750
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Anyone who thinks the Warriors definitively NEEDED KD for the past 2 titles is a moron.

The Warriors *ONLY* lost in 2016 because Draymond Green had an emotional outburst that cost him essentially what amounts to 2 games.

They were going to win that series in 5 games.

Guess what, fellas? They don't gut their depth in the 2016 offseason if KD is never in the picture... and they're just as good if not better than they were.

2016 Golden State Warriors > 2017, 2018 Golden State Warriors.

That's not an opinion. It's a fact. "HURR DURR BUT THEY LOST TITLE 2016 NO DURANT AND WON TITLE 2017 & 2018 WITH DURANT HRUR DURRRRRR LOLZZ YOU MORAN BENSIMMONS LOLZZZZZZZZULOLOUL!!" Nope... you're a surface level thinking moron. **** off.

KD's ball dominance causes Curry to float in and out of games in terms of focus and engagement. Throw that in with KD's ball stopping, and both of those things are a detriment to their entire team on both sides of the court.

The thing that KD provides the most for the Warriors is... someone who can ISO you a bucket when shit gets tight in the closing moments. But the Warriors were so good without him, back when they had depth, most of the time, they didn't need an ISO player in the last 2 minutes of games because they were winning by so much.

Last edited by Ben Simmons 25 : 05-15-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Ben Simmons 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #49
SouBeachTalents
We aint, go in nowhere
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 15,322
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
Anyone who thinks the Warriors definitively NEEDED KD for the past 2 titles is a moron.

The Warriors *ONLY* lost in 2016 because Draymond Green had an emotional outburst that cost him essentially what amounts to 2 games.

They were going to win that series in 5 games.

Guess what, fellas? They don't gut their depth in the 2016 offseason if KD is never in the picture... and they're just as good if not better than they were.

2016 Golden State Warriors > 2017, 2018 Golden State Warriors.

That's not an opinion. It's a fact.
In the playoffs? 2017 Warriors > 2016. They were scorched earth that postseason, nearly running the table
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #50
warriorfan
The Playboy
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 23,086
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
In the playoffs? 2017 Warriors > 2016. They were scorched earth that postseason, nearly running the table

Maybe because Curry tore his MCL in 2016? Uhhh might have something to do with it?

Lmfao ****ing so low iq
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:32 PM   #51
Ben Simmons 25
Decent college freshman
 
Ben Simmons 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,750
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
In the playoffs? 2017 Warriors > 2016. They were scorched earth that postseason, nearly running the table

That might be true... but it's clear that overall Durant *CAN* be a detriment to the entire team. Not that he IS. Not that he ISN'T a great player. He is clearly a ****ing amazing player. But team dynamics are more complicated than that. It's also NOT true that they definitively "NEEDED" Durant in 2017 to win the title. I don't believe it. They hold onto their depth instead, and they're right there.

And warriorfan was right all along. Curry did also lose a little something because of that injury despite his "I'M HERE I'M BACK" egotistical cocksucking bullshit. But nevertheless, I still maintain they only lost in 2016 because Draymond Green is emotionally retarded.

I personally can't stand Curry's cocky little ass, but greatness is greatness and I have to admit the truth.
Ben Simmons 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:39 PM   #52
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,232
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Binary events folks. 2016 happened as it did for any number of reasons, its not to say that the same thing would have happened again in 2017 without KD, or if you pressed a rewind button and replayed the 2016 series under the same conditions that the Cavs win again. KD merely ensured that no team ( other than the 2017 Rockets) would ever really threaten the Warriors during this run. Was he needed? I don't think so. The 2016 Warriors were one shitty behind the back pass turnover by Steph, one from out of nowhere block from Lebron, one Kyrie jumper over Steph away from history recording the outcome of that series differently. In other words, games won or loss on how the ball bounces. There's little reason to think that the Warriors couldn't have upgraded from Barnes( and there's alot of small forwards better than him but not close to KD) and won in subsequent years.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:40 PM   #53
Ben Simmons 25
Decent college freshman
 
Ben Simmons 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,750
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankaii
You alright dude?

Never did I suggest that, I actually agree fully with this particular point.

But I've seen some suggest the Warriors are better without KD, which is absolutely moronic.
I personally believe your point about Curry being the BITW the past 3-4 years is also dumb, but that's an opinion.

My bad. I misinterpreted. I apologize.
Ben Simmons 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #54
Ben Simmons 25
Decent college freshman
 
Ben Simmons 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,750
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Binary events folks. 2016 happened as it did for any number of reasons, its not to say that the same thing would have happened again in 2017 without KD, or if you pressed a rewind button and replayed the 2016 series under the same conditions that the Cavs win again. KD merely ensured that no team ( other than the 2017 Rockets) would ever really threaten the Warriors during this run. Was he needed? I don't think so. The 2016 Warriors were one shitty behind the back pass turnover by Steph, one from out of nowhere block from Lebron, one Kyrie jumper over Steph away from history recording the outcome of that series differently. In other words, games won or loss on how the ball bounces. There's little reason to think that the Warriors couldn't have upgraded from Barnes( and there's alot of small forwards better than him but not close to KD) and won in subsequent years.


I don't think it's fair to compare a turnover or a missed shot or a made shot to a guy having an emotional outburst yet AGAIN and costing his team literally 2 games because of it, by which point the momentum had shifted... and it still only came down to 1 shot.

We can play the "woulda coulda shoulda" game a thousand different ways, no doubt about it, you're right... but Draymond definitively costing them 2 games for NON BASKETBALL RELATED REASONS was clearly the by far and away biggest reason they lost that series. It's not close.
Ben Simmons 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #55
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,232
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
I don't think it's fair to compare a turnover or a missed shot or a made shot to a guy having an emotional outburst yet AGAIN and costing his team literally 2 games because of it, by which point the momentum had shifted... and it still only came down to 1 shot.

We can play the "woulda coulda shoulda" game a thousand different ways, no doubt about it, you're right... but Draymond definitively costing them 2 games for NON BASKETBALL RELATED REASONS was clearly the by far and away biggest reason they lost that series. It's not close.

The main point I was making is these events occur as they occur . I don't know the percentages or the ratio of which event is more or less to blame than others....only that what happened and yes Draymond was a factor. So was dumb turnovers. So was whatever else that happened in the manner it did. They all play some part, in some way. That's simply the natural and organic flow of how a basketball game goes, much like life really. It's like the ole throw a stone in the lake and watch the ripple effect. Everything impacts everything else which impacts everything else....and so on.

The main point of what I'm saying, KD joining the Warriors was basically overkill. There's any number of players who could have filled his spot and they're still positioned to win from 2017 till now.

Last edited by Phoenix : 05-15-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #56
NBAGOAT
NBA rookie of the year
 
NBAGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Korea
Posts: 6,633
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

how the warriors do next year if kd leaves could answer a lot of questions. Yea they might sign more bench guys or a free agent sf but it'll be a good evidence of kd's impact(unless one of the big 3 really declines or they get another star somehow).

They're not going be 2016 level since lot of role guys are older and they're depth is worse. That team legitimately looked like a solid playoff team that could win 50+ without curry and was beating some other playoff teams easily(then again that still means curry was worth like 20+wins which is huge). I think 55 wins is a good over/under number.
NBAGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #57
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,231
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
Do the Warriors beat the bucks or raptors without KD? Yes or no? Are Steph, Klay, and Dray enough? Do they have anyone to make Kawhi or Giannis work defensively?

And what do you mean by "it doesn't matter if the Blazers come back"? You insinuating that if the Blazers beat the Warriors, it won't be because they didn't have KD?

My god, it is unreal...

I don't know about whether or not they'd beat the Raptors / Bucks...or even Blazers.

My guess would be that they'd beat the Blazers and Raptors, but lose to the Bucks...just a guess...all 3 series likely could go either way without KD.

With KD...obviously I think they are huge favorites.

Again, this is not the point...nobody thinks this team is better without KD. What this team is without him is an elite title contending type team that could beat anyone in the league.

Then you add an all-time great player to said team and it becomes absurd.

Again, what is so ****ing hard to understand?

As to the point about the Blazers...it is because they just lost KD...they didn't replace him. They have a gaping hole on the roster now and limited depth. If they replaced KD with another quality small forward...and lost...then I'd care and it might mean something.

I swear, it is like you people can't remember 4 years ago. This team won 67, a title, 73, and was within 2 plays of another...all with ****ing Harrison Barnes. I see no reason why this team wouldn't be all-time good with just an above average small forward like they were in the past.

And, of course, you clowns need to address the elephant in the room;

29-1 without KD and with Steph in the last 30 games...
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #58
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,231
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
Kobe fans sound so butt-hurt in this thread . Durant being the biggest poosy in sports history will forever hold a special place in their hearts because it assured the only thing they care about (LeBron losing). So they continue to pedal this fantasy where it was either KD or bust for GS after 2016. Rightttt . As if simply a small upgrade over Harrison Barnes wouldn't have done the trick. Or heck, a few bounces here and there and they would've even won in 2016. But it's not the big security blanket the presence of KD on a 73-win roster gives Kobe fans, so they'll continue to push this agenda of him being oh so necessary as opposed to the league-ruining overkill that it was.

Which makes GS' dominance without KD the last 3 seasons + the continued mockery of his worthless rings so enjoyable. And that's what infuriates Kobe fans. They want the world to believe KD's presence was a major necessity for GS to triumph over LeBron the last 2 Finals (you know, when GS annihilated Cleveland). I bet they root against GS like no tomorrow when KD's out.

Exactly.

But they've already lost. Non elite teams can't go 29-1 when the player that is supposedly "carrying them" goes down...and they certainly don't win road playoff elimination games against other great teams.

It is so hilarious...they all have to pretend that Curry / Klay / Iggy / Green isn't an elite core 4 that would be contending and winning titles with just a Harrison Barnes type player in the lineup.

So pathetic considering we already saw said team ****ing set the NBA wins record and win a title.

DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #59
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,232
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
how the warriors do next year if kd leaves could answer a lot of questions. Yea they might sign more bench guys or a free agent sf but it'll be a good evidence of kd's impact(unless one of the big 3 really declines or they get another star somehow).

They're not going be 2016 level since lot of role guys are older and they're depth is worse. That team legitimately looked like a solid playoff team that could win 50+ without curry and was beating some other playoff teams easily(then again that still means curry was worth like 20+wins which is huge). I think 55 wins is a good over/under number.

The thing is the Warriors culture could motivate other quality players to join and keep the train moving another few years. Steph is 31. Dray and Klay are 29. You got guys like Iggy and Livingston who are aging and will need to be replaced, but there's a culture of excellence under current management which could prove very inviting for prospective free agents. KD leaving opens up a space for someone else, or somebodies else, to shore up the team.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #60
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Legend
 
kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 15,042
Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

The hell with petty agendas.

I'm a basketball fan. And the Dubs without Durant are fukking good. Be it w/ results, style or just plain entertainment.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:16 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy