Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: I'm sorry but............. The Lakers are a great team and a contender when healthy

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    its quite possible that the lakers upgraded at 3 positions

kobe will be slightly less effective probably

but when you factor this

pg - nash missed all last season. they upgraded just by nash being healthy
    sg - kobe will be about the same when recovered
    sf - nick young at this point in his career is better than ron artest
    pf - pau was injured all year. they upgraded just by gasol being healthy
    c - lost howard. picked up kaman.
    Why are you assuming Nash is going to be healthy? Pau is not getting any younger by the way.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: I'm sorry but............. The Lakers are a great team and a contender when healthy

When Kobe wins without Phil get back to me.

old players get injured alot

its not bad luck, if you have a team full of thirty year olds, and they are always hurt.

its something you have to account for when building a team

Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

its quite possible that the lakers upgraded at 3 positions

kobe will be slightly less effective probably

but when you factor this

pg - nash missed all last season. they upgraded just by nash being healthy
    sg - kobe will be about the same when recovered
    sf - nick young at this point in his career is better than ron artest
    pf - pau was injured all year. they upgraded just by gasol being healthy
    c - lost howard. picked up kaman.
    The lakers, if healthy, can be a solid team. I'd say if Kobe comes back ready to go I don't think a 50-32 record would be out of the question. They could put up a fight in the first rd and maybe even pull an upset with the right matchup. But they are not a contender for the nba title. You've gotta play defense to contend for the Larry O'Brien

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    I agree, Lakers win AT LEAST 50 games. No way Kobe's slowing down, Nash will be healthy, Pau will be healthy. Pau will play C on offense and Kaman will be shooting jumpshots as a PF. I don't expect Sacre to play much, Lakers will probably run a 3 man rotation between Pau, Kaman, and Hill. Lakers are offensively unstoppable, they just need to find some kind of defensive identity and they'll be a top team.

also get a load of this

with metta and howard gone

every single guy on the team is unselfish and doesnt mind passing up a shot to get a better look

except for their absolute best player ofcourse kobe bean bryant

thats the making of a winner

when you have multiple guys who wanna take every shot when they touch the ball... its never a good thing. when 3 of them are in the starting linup. its a recipe for disaster

lakers got allllllllot better this year

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    old players get injured alot

its not bad luck, if you have a team full of thirty year olds, and they are always hurt.

its something you have to account for when building a team
    Yup

And unfortunately the Laker homer in me and the rest of SoCal conviently forgot about that part before last season lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    When Kobe wins without wearing shoes, you let me know

Haven't seen a Lakers team this stacked in years...

also get a load of this

with metta and howard gone

every single guy on the team is unselfish and doesnt mind passing up a shot to get a better look

except for their absolute best player ofcourse kobe bean bryant

thats the making of a winner

when you have multiple guys who wanna take every shot when they touch the ball... its never a good thing. when 3 of them are in the starting linup. its a recipe for disaster

lakers got allllllllot better this year
    Without Dwight I do believe there will be a much better, consistent flow to the offense. The problem is, last year the offense wasn't the problem. They were awful, terrible defensively

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2877
    If somebody remembered this thread 6 months from now I'd probably nicely suggest they eat a bullet for breakfast
    People have bumped far less memorable threads and you know this. People ****ing bookmark threads to be bumped later for whatever weird reason. Also, to be on topic, being a year older does not make it more likely you'll be healthy this season

I'm not going to lie, I also feel like the Lakers have the potential to be a good team next season.

It could be the Nash-homer in me, but I think this team is currently underrated, and has the potential to surprise us all.

This summer kind of reminds me of that 07' Lakers offseason. If I remember correctly, Kobe had demanded to be traded, and no one, and I mean NO ONE, had any hopes for the Lakers that upcoming season. Many believed (including myself) that even if they managed not to give in to Kobe's trade demands, they would be a first round exit, at best. Then these dudes came out of no where, winning games left and right (even before the Gasol trade), and the rest is history.

Here's to hoping history repeats itself...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You

kobes never had his own team/ fully healthy roster and no phil before

1996 - shaqs team ( del harris )
    1997 - shaqs team ( del harris )
    1998 - shaqs team ( del harris )
    1999 - shaqs team ( kurt rambis )
    2000 - shaqs team ( phil jackson )
    2001 - kobe and shaqs team ( phil jackson )
    2002 - kobe and shaqs team ( phil jackson )
    2003 - kobe and shaqs team ( phil jackson )
    2004 - kobe and shaqs team ( phil jackson )
    2005 - kobes team ( rudy T / frank hamblin ) * fully injured roster ( kobe/odom)
    2006 - kobes team ( phil jackson )
    2007 - kobes team ( phil jackson )
    2008 - kobes team ( phil jackson )
    2009 - kobes team ( phil jackson )
    2010 - kobes team ( phil jackson )
    2011 - kobes team ( phil jackson )
    2012 - kobes team ( mike brown ) * fully injured roster ( kobe/pau )
    2013 - kobes team ( mike d'antoni ) * fully injured roster ( nash/kobe/pau/howard )

so kobes only had his own team without phil for 3 out of 17 years. all of them in rebuilding years with injuries

big deal.

Not a contender, but they'll be better than they were last year.

Quote Originally Posted by NASH = BEST

I'm not going to lie, I also feel like the Lakers have the potential to be a good team next season.

It could be the Nash-homer in me, but I think this team is currently underrated, and has the potential to surprise us all.

This summer kind of reminds me of that 07' Lakers offseason. If I remember correctly, Kobe had demanded to be traded, and no one, and I mean NO ONE, had any hopes for the Lakers that upcoming season. Many believed (including myself) that even if they managed not to give in to Kobe's trade demands, they would be a first round exit, at best. Then these dudes came out of no where, winning games left and right (even before the Gasol trade), and the rest is history.

Here's to hoping history repeats itself...

thats what i though last year, that despite there being a lot of guys who were all gonna wanna shoot a lot, nash would be able to make it work. that hes one of the smartest, most unselfish players in the league, and he would figure it out, but he/they never quite did

so im not sure what is gonna be any different next year.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Im sorry but............... you are a fggt
    You got some nerve.