Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: eurobasket2009

Banned

Default Re: eurobasket2009

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Spain have been terrible so far. I was expecting them to win this thing fairly easily, as they have by far the strongest team on paper, but at the moment they are in danger of not even making it to the quarterfinals, don't think anyone saw that coming.
    I like Rubio, but I have to say I've been very disappointed with his play so far, and it has definetely been part of the reason Spain is losing.
    I don't think Spain is the best team on paper. They are too lacking in depth to be the best team on paper at the EuroBasket. Some other teams like Serbia, Turkey, Greece, France have much more depth than Spain does.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

i disagree i think spain have a lot of depth,the fact that the players are being awful and makes them look poor is another thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    i disagree i think spain have a lot of depth,the fact that the players are being awful and makes them look poor is another thing.
    Well players like Lopez, Cabezas, Garbajosa have no business being at the EuroBasket level. In that past that might have been a different story, but these guys seem very washed up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Well players like Lopez, Cabezas, Garbajosa have no business being at the EuroBasket level. In that past that might have been a different story, but these guys seem very washed up now.
    So Kalambokis and Kaimakoglou have business being at Eurobasket?

National High School Star KoolKat's Avatar

Why are Papaloukas & Diamantidis missing ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    So Kalambokis and Kaimakoglou have business being at Eurobasket?
    You are just an idiot. Either one of them would easily make the Spanish roster.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKat
    Why are Papaloukas & Diamantidis missing ?
    Because they didn't want to play.

You are just an idiot. Either one of them would easily make the Spanish roster.
    lmao.

You truly are a moron that knows nothing about basketball at any level.

How about your beloved Hellas getting dominated by ALI TRAORE and ALAIN KOFFI?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    lmao.

You truly are a moron that knows nothing about basketball at any level.

How about your beloved Hellas getting dominated by ALI TRAORE and ALAIN KOFFI?

It is clear that you never watch any of these international games and only pretend that you do. You are truly annoying.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Come on, I like Kalampolis but Spain definitely has depth. Garbajosa, Mumbru and Cabezas can still bring a lot with their experience. Llull is a very energetic and useful player. Marc Gasol is also very good.

And don't you guys dare make fun of Ali Traor

I do agree that Cabezas,Mumbru,Lopez etc are not being great and maybe are past their best,but they are still good players,True Spain could have a stronger team,Scariolo doesn't know how to make the most of these players.
    Anyway just to say that I think the 4 strongest teams are in the same side of the draw. Turkey v Greece and Spain v France. Serbia,Slovenia,Russia and Croatia are not final material.maybe Slovenia.

The main problem of spain is called Sergio Scariolo. This team has been playing frankly well under several coaches that give a lot of freedom to their players and only really press them in defense. Scariolo wants to control everything, he likes to call every offense from the bench and that's not good for a team loaded of talent like Spain, because they are too much constrained... the past two games, and this current game against France (the best team in the tournament so far) they have been back to their usual way of playing, and the result is a much better basketball team

I don't think Spain is the best team on paper. They are too lacking in depth to be the best team on paper at the EuroBasket. Some other teams like Serbia, Turkey, Greece, France have much more depth than Spain does.
    Do you still think France have more depth than Spain??
    I think like berraco said scariolo tries to control every offence,tonight he did so less and Spain played better,the result shows the massive chasm between the two nations. France are a mediocre side that made through qualifying,losing one game against Belgium! Problem is there are a lot of people that only follow NBA or give too much importance to NBA ,and France having the most NBA players get a lot of undeserved attention.They really are a mediocre side.Parker was totally shut down by an 18 yr old.

I rule the local playground

I don't know if France have more depth, but Spain absolutely destroyed them. Great game from them, they have near recovered their true level.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    Do you still think France have more depth than Spain??
    I think like berraco said scariolo tries to control every offence,tonight he did so less and Spain played better,the result shows the massive chasm between the two nations. France are a mediocre side that made through qualifying,losing one game against Belgium! Problem is there are a lot of people that only follow NBA or give too much importance to NBA ,and France having the most NBA players get a lot of undeserved attention.They really are a mediocre side.Parker was totally shut down by an 18 yr old.
    France isn't mediocre, and Parker didn't get shut down by an 18 year old (I mean WTF? did you watch the game? Spain's big men are the reason why Parker couldn't score).

If you'd watched the qualifying round (and I have) you'd know that this isn't the same French team. They're playing well and I'd expect them to win against just about anybody except that Spanish team (who had their best game so far).