Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

apparently Marcus Smart said in an interview he wants to guard Wiggins when OK St. plays KU.

good luck.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

AJ Hammons got suspended 3 games, "conduct detrimental." Well, 2 exhibition games and our first regular season game, which is against something called Northern Kentucky. How many directional schools does KY have? It's not that big a state.

It's not academic or legal, so that's good I guess. But it probably means he's being ****ing lazy and missing classes/meetings again. Get your shit together dude, the way so much of the fanbase is convinced he's a 2 and gone 1st rounder after this year is stupid. He's got a long way to go to make an NBA roster I'm GMing, let alone get a 1st round guaranteed deal.

Why do I have a feeling CSUN going to lose the exhibition match vs Cal State LA?

Also kind of crazy that everyone seemingly has UoA wrapping up the Pac12 with UCLA and Colorado being given distant second and third respectively. Won beshoced if Colorado wins the regular season and UoA finishes third. Shit is closer than most are saying

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Why do I have a feeling CSUN going to lose the exhibition match vs Cal State LA?

Also kind of crazy that everyone seemingly has UoA wrapping up the Pac12 with UCLA and Colorado being given distant second and third respectively. Won beshoced if Colorado wins the regular season and UoA finishes third. Shit is closer than most are saying
    Perhaps it's because AZ added Aaron Gordon, TJ McConnell, and Hollis Jefferson? They lost Lyons, Hill, and Jerrett, but all will be replaced by arguably better players. Combine that with improved play from Ashley, Johnson and Tarc, you see why they are highly regarded.

new defense rules fvcking stupid. way too many ft's.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    new defense rules fvcking stupid. way too many ft's.
    I like them. I haven't watched a game yet (I presume you are watching the KU scrimmage), but college basketball was getting way too physical. The last couple years I have seen plays that would get an NFL player fined and a foul would go uncalled.

How does Wiggins look?

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    I like them. I haven't watched a game yet (I presume you are watching the KU scrimmage), but college basketball was getting way too physical. The last couple years I have seen plays that would get an NFL player fined and a foul would go uncalled.

How does Wiggins look?

I agree it was too physical but now it's too touchy. Maybe it was just the refs trying to set the tone for the season, but there was like 30 ft's in the first half or some shit. Wiggins looks godly, he was nervous at first but he settled and had a nasty oop and got to show off a bit of his scoring repertoire. really good hands on D as well, he's gonna get a lot of blocks and steals this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J5-2hB74uY

kentucky blue-white highlights

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

James Young is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by WayneWash0
    Check out some of the top games early in the season. Can't wait like Bart Scott http://www.morningpickup.com/2013-14...ason-matchups/
    Don't forget these potentially great games in the early season tournaments.

Maui Invitational:

Potentially Syracuse vs Gonzaga

Nit Season Tip off:

Potentially Arizona vs Duke

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Amida Brimah was fun to watch in the UConn/SCSU scrimmage. Runs the floor very well, great reach, legit seven footer, already has a go to post move. Granted it was just an exhibition, but he has potential to be the next great UConn shotblocker.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Perhaps it's because AZ added Aaron Gordon, TJ McConnell, and Hollis Jefferson? They lost Lyons, Hill, and Jerrett, but all will be replaced by arguably better players. Combine that with improved play from Ashley, Johnson and Tarc, you see why they are highly regarded.
    I'm really excited to see McConnell play at AZ. I've followed his progression since HS and it will be really interesting to see how he blossoms at a major D1 program with a ton of talent around him. He probably has the highest bball IQ that I have ever seen in person/played against.

Trey Lyles commits to UK

Learning to shoot layups parkespapa's Avatar

Everybody commits to Kentucky

Cal just picks who he wants...its pretty simple really

Actually, if UK misses on Stanley Johnson, they would have missed on a good deal of their top targets this class.

Oubre and Mudiay for sure were top priorities. Went after the Jones, Okafor, Winslow trio as well before having to settle with Ulis. Pretty sure Devin Booker was a back up plan for UK as well. Towns was a reclass and Lyles was originally committed to Indiana. Weird how this class ended up being made.

By the way, although things seem to be pointing West of the Mississippi, I think Johnson still goes to UK and they end up with the top class. Still a weird recruiting cycle for them.