Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

The Knicks were going to get the #1 pick when LeBron came. Then they were supposed to get Okafor. Following that they were to get the #1 pick when Oden/Durant came out. Now they're going to get it here? Not sure if it's rigging to get the #1 pick in arguably what is supposed to be the worst draft since 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You know if NYK doesnt win the lottery there will be threads that they will win it next year to take John Wall. Any guesses who makes that thread?
    whoever makes that thread will be an idiot since the Knicks dont have a first rounder next year(owned by utah)

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    The Knicks were going to get the #1 pick when LeBron came. Then they were supposed to get Okafor. Following that they were to get the #1 pick when Oden/Durant came out. Now they're going to get it here? Not sure if it's rigging to get the #1 pick in arguably what is supposed to be the worst draft since 2000.
    the lottery is strong for the first 2 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator

Good Call assclown.
    The irony.

NBA sixth man of the year

2010 will be the worst year in NYK franchise history. Placing bets now. Watch us get the 1st pick, and Utah gets a ****ing second franchise player. Then NO free agents worth max contract even give us a look, and we don't resign key guys because we were supposed to save money... 2011=lottery contention for the Knicks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    whoever makes that thread will be an idiot since the Knicks dont have a first rounder next year(owned by utah)
    Well consider the source of this thread.

They've done this before and failed. So, your theory is pretty stupid. Also, the lottery is in (drumroll) NY. As opposed to other teams flying people in, we can walk across the street.

So stop with the bull****. If they fixed the lottery why the **** did Yao go to Houston and not NY? There's 20 examples like this. NY since Ewing has never got the bounce of the ping pong balls. So if we get a lucky bounce again 25 years later its a fix?

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

i think it is fixed! NOT cuz of the amount of knicks personel that will be in attendance there HEY its in NYC or New jersey! i dunno one of the two! but lets look at it from a logical spectrum.

the NBA is a business behemoth! no other sport has gotten so fast so popular in such a short span of time as professional basketball! you think this is coincidental? HELL NO! from the globalization to the tv ratings... EVERYTHINGS strategically influenced to bring in streaming revenue to the NBA!

with that being said... if you were commissioner of the NBA and your main job is to bring in the most revenue while maintaining or at least try to maintain a form of integrity with out breaking the moral/ethic code... what better way to do it than a lottery! that no one sees, or witness except for like 2-3 poeple who btw are working for you!

im not certain on this but i believe the NBA is the only sport that has a lottery drawing to determine the picks, i know in football the worst team gets the first pick and the picks are assorted from worst to best record, and i believe baseball and hockey is like this also... so y not basketball???

AGAIN i know for a FACT the NBA lottery is rigged! but to be honest... i don't give a F.awk! I'm gonna ask it again... if you were the commish and your goal was to bring in the most revenue... you wouldn't manipulate it in order for business? i sure as hell would!

Derrick ROSE BABY!

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

SLAM rocks! I got 2 years (20 issues) for $20!!! Normally its $5 an issue, I get 1 poster in each which I put up...YAH!

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    i think it is fixed! NOT cuz of the amount of knicks personel that will be in attendance there HEY its in NYC or New jersey! i dunno one of the two! but lets look at it from a logical spectrum.

the NBA is a business behemoth! no other sport has gotten so fast so popular in such a short span of time as professional basketball! you think this is coincidental? HELL NO! from the globalization to the tv ratings... EVERYTHINGS strategically influenced to bring in streaming revenue to the NBA!

with that being said... if you were commissioner of the NBA and your main job is to bring in the most revenue while maintaining or at least try to maintain a form of integrity with out breaking the moral/ethic code... what better way to do it than a lottery! that no one sees, or witness except for like 2-3 poeple who btw are working for you!

im not certain on this but i believe the NBA is the only sport that has a lottery drawing to determine the picks, i know in football the worst team gets the first pick and the picks are assorted from worst to best record, and i believe baseball and hockey is like this also... so y not basketball???

AGAIN i know for a FACT the NBA lottery is rigged! but to be honest... i don't give a F.awk! I'm gonna ask it again... if you were the commish and your goal was to bring in the most revenue... you wouldn't manipulate it in order for business? i sure as hell would!

Derrick ROSE BABY!
    You know for a FACT but offer no FACTS. Amazing. Then you said YOU would manipulate the lottery for your own agenda which is to somehow generating revenue to the league. So therefore because YOU would manipulate it then EVERYONE ELSE would do so as well. And again you know this for a FACT, yet offer...no FACTS. Amazing part II.

I just want to know why NY hasnt won the lottery given how many star, fan appealing players have come the last few years. Really kills your silly argument. BUT like most conspiracy theorist with "FACTS" you'll have an excuse.

The number one pick is going to either Memphis, Milwaukee or Minnesota.

There were times where giving the #1 pick to the Knicks would be a slam dunk bonanza (Lebron, Yao, etc.) and they did not but now that it's not such a sure thing, the league will cheat on our behalf.

SURE.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    And Rubio is going to be a bust. Count on it.
    I remember hundreds of posts saying this about Derrick Rose before the start of last season.

Rubio will definitely be able to cut it in the NBA. The kid's court vision is great and his basketball IQ is well beyond his years.

Wouldn't suprise me at all if the NBA has been rigging the lottery system.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 05-16-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    There were times where giving the #1 pick to the Knicks would be a slam dunk bonanza (Lebron, Yao, etc.) and they did not but now that it's not such a sure thing, the league will cheat on our behalf.

SURE.
    True. And that right there is why I don't believe the lottery is rigged. Why in the hell would LeBron James play in Cleveland if it was? Why would Duncan be part of SAS? I mean I do not see it really. If the NBA was fixing the lottery why would they not have Tim and LeBron playing in Chicago or NY, etc.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Knicks are basically bringing their entire front office to the Lottery, why would they do this if they are expected to get the #8 overall pick.

This is nothing more than David Stern and Nike's plan to place Ricky Rubio with the Knicks to better promote him in a system where he can flourish and be considered as somewhat of a savior to the Knicks.

Watch the Pete Maravich comparisons return due to the Nike marketing machine.

Ricky also has his own brand of Nike shoes which would probably be coming to a shoe store near you before his rookie season begins.

Slam Magazine:
    ya well i got a BJ from bigfoot