Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    <3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Default Re: College Basketball Is Terrible

March Madness is far more exciting than the NBA. I rarely watch the NBA until the final 5 or so minutes. To actually waste time watching a whole NBA game... child pls. Got far more important chit to be doing.

I remember when Derrick williams was one of the only actually exciting players with his awesome dunks and great performances against teams , he wasnt boring to watch

I think Victor Oladipo will be solid to good in the NBA, didn't see much NCAA ball this year, though.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

some years are better than others

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    usually they just suck but this year i dont even see any legit nba star talent , like not even 1, i feel bad for which ever team that gets the no.1 pick this year

You can't really have an opinion on that unless you watch college ball regularly. Watching a couple of first round games doesn't make you credible. I can assure you, there is plenty of NBA talent playing in this tournament. You have no idea.

Dunking on everybody in the park Djahjaga's Avatar

I completely agree. I get a lot of shit from my basketball friends for being more of an NBA only guy when "college basketball is so much better!!!" They tell me the players go hard on every play and there are no superstar calls or ref bs, but all I really care about is the talent level. Obviously it's much lower in the NCAA and that results in games I don't care to see.

There's no facet of the NCAA basketball game that is better than an NBA game. Defense, passing, shooting, scoring, big plays, etc. Maybe the teams are more evenly matched, but even then, it's not like I watch Miami/Charlotte games with a fervor.

tl;dr NBA >>>> College ball

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    You can't really have an opinion on that unless you watch college ball regularly. Watching a couple of first round games doesn't make you credible. I can assure you, there is plenty of NBA talent playing in this tournament. You have no idea.
    NBA talent yes. Star talent, not really.

College is amazing. Any team can win. Not like the NBA where we have 5-6 teams that have any chance.

It's a different game but it hardly sucks.

Also as a Gators fan, the guy who enjoys Marshall Henderson can go to hell :)

Quote Originally Posted by Djahjaga
    I completely agree. I get a lot of shit from my basketball friends for being more of an NBA only guy when "college basketball is so much better!!!" They tell me the players go hard on every play and there are no superstar calls or ref bs, but all I really care about is the talent level. Obviously it's much lower in the NCAA and that results in games I don't care to see.

There's no facet of the NCAA basketball game that is better than an NBA game. Defense, passing, shooting, scoring, big plays, etc. Maybe the teams are more evenly matched, but even then, it's not like I watch Miami/Charlotte games with a fervor.

tl;dr NBA >>>> College ball
    Who cares how "hard they go" when the majority of them aren't even D-League level players?

College basketball fcuking sucks.

Zone defence sucks

The players in college basketball aren't collectively as skilled because of the talent exodus to the big league, but its great when games come down the wire. The mistakes are actually more riveting then the great plays.

the one loss and you're done drama leads to far more upsets than in nba playoffs.

there is something charming about the cinderella, we hardly get those in the nba

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    NBA talent yes. Star talent, not really.
    You never know. Who thought Wade would blow up like he did? Coming out of college he was good, but no one had any idea he'd be a career all star. Ben Mclemore has the best combo of athleticism and pure shooting ability that I've seen in a while. Victor Oladipo is a lockdown defender with elite athleticism and a well rounded offensive game. I could see these guys becoming stars. It might not be the deepest draft, but I think there are definitely some stars waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    You never know. Who thought Wade would blow up like he did? Coming out of college he was good, but no one had any idea he'd be a career all star. Ben Mclemore has the best combo of athleticism and pure shooting ability that I've seen in a while. Victor Oladipo is a lockdown defender with elite athleticism and a well rounded offensive game. I could see these guys becoming stars. It might not be the deepest draft, but I think there are definitely some stars waiting to happen.
    I think if Oladipo maxes his potential he might be a slashing version of Deng, and that guy is a two time All-Star.

Local High School Star

I like it better than the NBA. The game is more physical. Guys are playing for pride, not money and stats. Coaches can coach. There's no prima donna p*ssies and crybabies. There's no "superstar call" bullsh*t. The one and done makes the playing field more even, every year a low seed upsets. Look at Harvard last night, La Salle today.

Being bandwagon b*tch of the Lakers and Heat, I wouldn't expect you to understand any of that. It's REAL basketball. With an emphasis on TEAM.