Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Another commentator saying Pippen was on Jordan's level in 96.

https://youtu.be/EDryId_BC3I

At some point, you Pippen haters need to admit that you're just that. A Pippen hater. Your arguments have absolutely no merit as to what the actual narrative was in 96.

Pippen was routinely considered a top 5 player in the league during the 90s. And just as valuable as MJ. Even though Jordan is the GOAT.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Default Re: Another commentator saying Pippen was on Jordan's level in 96.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post

At some point, you Pippen haters need to admit that you're just that. A Pippen hater. Your arguments have absolutely no merit as to what the actual narrative was in 96.

Pippen was routinely considered a top 5 player in the league during the 90s. And just as valuable as MJ. Even though Jordan is the GOAT.
    Down at the pool hall talking hoops.

The agendizing people who show up on bulletin boards talking about teams and players that they obviously never watched don’t have any excuse for their foul stenchful foolishness

especially about 90s nba playoffs which film is widely and easily available to watch those games

_ B_ll in the corner pocket.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Oh no, now we have to see 3ball spam this thread nonstop like a crazy person.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Who is already flushed in the corner pocket

If Pippen was the one that took 2 years off to quit / rest up he'd be killing it and MJ would be breaking down.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Oh no, now we have to see 3ball spam this thread nonstop like a crazy person.

There's nothing to squirm out of - you guys are the ones squirming by even posting this

Of course there will be a handful of times over the course of a decade and 6 titles that someone said "Pippen is just as good as Jordan!!"

Pointing that out means nothing and represents the "squirming" that you apparently feel when discussing the massive gap between MJ and Pippen.

But rather than going by 1 in a billion statements about MJ/Pippen, the historical record of performance gap tells the story - Pippen has the lowest peak capability in a playoff series outside the 1st Round of any sidekick in the 90's (22/5), and he's the only sidekick that never led their team (never a 1b), aka carried in every series.
    Last edited by 3ba11; 01-22-2022 at 07:19 PM.

1-9

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post

Nice find. Just another piece of actual truth rather than endless defensive narratives that have been created in MJ's name. I think it would be pretty cool for current fans and stans that were too young to grasp the actual media climate of the time to learn how everything really was. Its annoying to read made up scripts 20 years later.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    Nice find. Just another piece of actual truth rather than endless defensive narratives that have been created in MJ's name. I think it would be pretty cool for current fans and stans that were too young to grasp the actual media climate of the time to learn how everything really was. Its annoying to read made up scripts 20 years later.

Pippen was never reported on back then

Literally

No one paid attention to him because they knew he wasn't going to dominate

I haven't watched the clip btw. I don't worry about exceptions that prove the rule

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Pippen was never reported on back then

Literally

No one paid attention to him because they knew he wasn't going to dominate

I haven't watched the clip btw. I don't worry about exceptions that prove the rule
    Poor you, these things are never about what you want them to be about my man. People reported on Pippen because he was a member of the dominant team, the 2nd best player at that. So yeah he dominated. Just more cold water thrown on your stupid anti Scottie crusade.....which was retarded af to begin with, good day sir.

7-time NBA All-Star

Who's on who's level?

FINALS CAREER

Lebron..... 28 on 48%
    Kyrie........ 28 on 47%

Jordan..... 34 on 48%
    Pippen..... 19 on 42%

^^^ Obviously, the narrative that Pippen is on MJ's level is far more preposterous than saying Kyrie is on Lebron's level

Saying Pippen is on MJ's level is the fake news

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Who's on who's level?

FINALS CAREER

Lebron..... 28 on 48%
    Kyrie........ 28 on 47%

Jordan..... 34 on 48%
    Pippen..... 19 on 42%

^^^ Obviously, the narrative that Pippen is on MJ's level is far more preposterous than saying Kyrie is on Lebron's level

Pippen was voted by ISH as a top 30 player ever, Irving wasn't even announced as a top 75 player.

7-time NBA All-Star

Pippen was voted by ISH as a top 30 player ever, Irving wasn't even announced as a top 75 player.

Pippen is the only notable sidekick in the 90's that 1) never dominated and 2) never led the team (carried in every series)

Every other sidekick peaked above Pippen's 22/5 (dominated) and routinely led their team in many series (not always carried like Pippen)

7-time NBA All-Star

What's the argument for Lillard over Kyrie or KJ?

They both dominated the league MVP in 90' and 16, while also making the Finals and multiple conference finals

That destroys Lillard

So you guys are all just wrong.. it happens all the time with today's media - they're wrong about literally everything

Again, anyone in the top 75 has a seminal performance like 06' Wade, 11' Dirk, 21' Giannis or 16' Kyrie... what does Pippen have?...

Pippen is the only notable sidekick in the 90's that 1) never dominated and 2) never led the team (carried in every series)

Every other notable 90's sidekick peaked above Pippen's 22/5 (dominated) and routinely led their team in many series (not always carried like Pippen)
    Last edited by 3ba11; 01-22-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Who's on who's level?

FINALS CAREER

Lebron..... 28 on 48%
    Kyrie........ 28 on 47%

Jordan..... 34 on 48%
    Pippen..... 19 on 42%

Only because you're an Unga bunga caveman that only values scoring in a game with so many ways to contribute....

And of course in the grand scheme of things we know Pippen is not on MJ's level. But that's a snapshot of time in the 90s where maybe he was. 2nd 3peat Mj wasn't nearly as untouchable or unapproachable as 1st 3peat Mjs was, he was just a more experienced and smarter player by then. Still was my favorite version of Mj although he wasn't nearly the best version.