Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Would you pick any of Luka's teammates over Curry, Klay, Dray, Poole or Wiggins?

I think anyone who's not mentally disabled wouldn't pick any of Luka's teammates over any of those 5 guys on the Warriors. And we're not even talking about the bench of both teams where the Warriors one blew the Dallas G-leaguers out of the water.

So, how can anyone blame Luka for losing? If anything he's being amazing, any of the Warriors players in his position would get blown out of the water.

This is basically having Hamilton on his F1 and Vettel on a plastic tricycle and bashing Vettel for losing the race lol.

So, how the hell can anyone blame Luka with this kind of mismatch? Put anyone in Luka's position and anyone else on the Warriors and the result would be the same. It's a bunch of better players with championship experience vs a 23 old guy with a bunch of losers who have never even seen a second round before...

Default Re: Would you pick any of Luka's teammates over Curry, Klay, Dray, Poole or Wiggins?

Nope. You can make the argument that once you remove Luka and Steph( let's just call them a wash), the next 4 best players are on the Warriors.

Default Re: Would you pick any of Luka's teammates over Curry, Klay, Dray, Poole or Wiggins?

I would pick all of Luka's teammates over Pippen.

7-time NBA All-Star

The whole point is that Poole and Wiggins wouldn't be shit next to Luka because Luka's game destroys guys

Kudos to Luka for carrying a team but his teammate destruction will stop him from ever developing a Poole or Wiggins - he needs READY-MADE STARS (talent-based winning) because his brand of ball can't develop teammates or system

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    The whole point is that Poole and Wiggins wouldn't be shit next to Luka because Luka's game destroys guys

Kudos to Luka for carrying a team but his teammate destruction will stop him from ever developing a Poole or Wiggins - he needs READY-MADE STARS (talent-based winning) because his brand of ball can't develop teammates or system
    Brunson was an 8ppg rookie and is now a 16ppg player 4 seasons, and doing 23ppg this playoff run. Are you saying he hasn't developed? Are you trying to spread your Ls over a number of threads today?

Local High School Star

The real question is how effective would Klay, Poole or Wiggins be if Curry stood at the top of the keep dribbling until there is 5 seconds left of the shot clock and either drove or shot a step back 3. Standing in one place waiting for someone to pass you the ball kills offensive flow. Then they have to run back on defense and cover up for someone who doesn't take defense seriously.

i would consider brunson but that's it

Dunking on everybody in the park

It’s difficult to look at developpment like that, because f.ex. Wiggins had a season with more points, rebounds and assists than now a few years ago. So, would you say the Warriors have made him worse? But of course, when the opponent team has to worry about 4 other guys than you it makes things easier. His stats drop is just because he now has to play a third role and share the stats.

But i think anyone would agree he became a great fit for the Warriors in that role. Don’t know about the developpment part though. He was a really good player before that needed some maturity which may have come with playing time through the years alone and not because he developped all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Nb1 View Post
    It’s difficult to look at developpment like that, because f.ex. Wiggins had a season with more points, rebounds and assists than now a few years ago. So, would you say the Warriors have made him worse? But of course, when the opponent team has to worry about 4 other guys than you it makes things easier. His stats drop is just because he now has to play a third role and share the stats.

But i think anyone would agree he became a great fit for the Warriors in that role. Don’t know about the developpment part though. He was a really good player before that needed some maturity which may have come with playing time through the years alone and not because he developped all of a sudden.
    Yeah, throwing Wiggins in there as being 'developed' under the Warriors is stretching it. He's played 9 seasons and was an above average player for the Twolves. His ceiling though is right where you see it now, a key piece on a great team but not a franchise level talent or anything.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Yeah, throwing Wiggins in there as being 'developed' under the Warriors is stretching it. He's played 9 seasons and was an above average player for the Twolves. His ceiling though is right where you see it now, a key piece on a great team but not a franchise level talent or anything.
    I disagree a little. Wiggins did start to change his game the year he was traded, but the previous two seasons....18 and 19...he really did not have anything you'd want on your team other than "talent' or "potential"...he took a ton of long 2's at poor efficiency, didn't attack, didn't shoot free throws well, didn't try hard, and didn't defend worth shit.

It is why Stan Van Gundy has been in shock watching this series....

Now, Wiggins deserves most of the credit for this as he started to transform his game offensively before he was traded, but the attacking / defense / confidence....Warriors definitely deserve credit for part of that as well.

We've had these debates before and don't need to rehash them, but Wiggins playing very well right now doesn't somehow change his level on the Wolves those two years...it was really bad. It is why the Warriors got him and a top 7 pick (iirc) for Russell...
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 05-23-2022 at 07:31 PM.

Why is Brunson, as you say..."literally dominant" next to Luka if guys can't play with him?

Not only has he developed next to Luka, but he's literally playing very well right before our eyes while competing in the WCF...next to Luka...this is not talent-based winning at all...it's the exact opposite.

You are accusing a player and team of something they can't even do...win based on talent...they've won without the same talent the other teams have this deep in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    I disagree a little. Wiggins did start to change his game the year he was traded, but the previous two seasons....18 and 19...he really did not have anything you'd want on your team other than "talent' or "potential"...he took a ton of long 2's at poor efficiency, didn't attack, didn't shoot free throws well, didn't try hard, and didn't defend worth shit.

It is why Stan Van Gundy has been in shock watching this series....

Now, Wiggins deserves most of the credit for this as he started to transform his game offensively before he was traded, but the attacking / defense / confidence....Warriors definitely deserve credit for part of that as well.

We've had these debates before and don't need to rehash them, but Wiggins playing very well right now doesn't somehow change his level on the Wolves those two years...it was really bad. It is why the Warriors got him and a top 7 pick (iirc) for Russell...
    I mean mostly, he was an established player. Yes playing in the Warriors system certainly weeds out alot of the bad habits but when I think of the term 'develop', I'm thinking more along the lines of Klay, Dray or Poole. Literally drafted and cultivated from day one. I take your point, though.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Hell fukking no.

It's the most lopsided WCF in NBA history and Warriors should get zero props for making the finals. They've even struggled with the Grizzlies and should've lost game 2 to the Mave which is embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I mean mostly, he was an established player. Yes playing in the Warriors system certainly weeds out alot of the bad habits but when I think of the term 'develop', I'm thinking more along the lines of Klay, Dray or Poole. Literally drafted and cultivated from day one. I take your point, though.
    Yea...they didn't develop him in that sense...but he was established as a guy that you'd need to include a first round pick for another team to take on. Which is saying a lot because everyone saw the talent and potential...but his play in 18 and 19...man, it was really bad.

I can't remember the stat, but he's like one of a couple players in history to average over 17 ppg and have a PER 13 or under...and he's on the list twice.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Hell fukking no.

It's the most lopsided WCF in NBA history and Warriors should get zero props for making the finals. They've even struggled with the Grizzlies and should've lost game 2 to the Mave which is embarrassing
    Brunson is currently better than Klay.