Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Kobe 3-19 tonight

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    LOL @ Kobe being one of the most skilled. One of the myths in basketball. Dude has never shot 50% FG in a season in his life. Currently is in the 30%s.
    Skill is Footwork, Off Ball Play, Finishing with the Off Hand, Offensive Skill-set, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Yes but that poster specifically has stated multiple times that in his opinion Kobe is the most skilled player of all time, which means Kobe is more skilled than Jordan. If that's the case, then Jordan being superior athletically doesn't mean much since Kobe's greater skill should offset that gap on athleticism and then some.
    Oh ok, gotcha. I don't think Kobe's more skilled than Jordan. But he's probably the closest there has been, or will be. He just doesn't have the off the ball ability. I'm just saying you'd have to be a retard to say Kobe isn't one of the most skilled of all-time. See LeBird, etc.

Very good NBA starter

Kobe has plenty of off the ball ability.

But running of screens takes it out of your legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Kobe has plenty of off the ball ability.
    In comparison to Jordan, not as much. Cool your jets.

kobe really wants to follow that MJ route I'm mean he can still play on a high level but his team and his body won't let him do it on a nightly basis. C'mon bean time to hang those laces up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Skill is Footwork, Off Ball Play, Finishing with the Off Hand, Offensive Skill-set, etc.
    And they're all means to an end. If they're not conducive to you getting points at an efficient clip; then you're not skilled where it counts.

If his physical skillset is so great, he has it more than nullfied with dat historically low bbiq.

There's nothing wrong with him. Lakers are trying to keep that pick so they're sitting him but his poor play is because he is old and surrounded by trash players so he still has to do everything when he's out there...

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Oh ok, gotcha. I don't think Kobe's more skilled than Jordan. But he's probably the closest there has been, or will be. He just doesn't have the off the ball ability. I'm just saying you'd have to be a retard to say Kobe isn't one of the most skilled of all-time. See LeBird, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Yeah, but who has the bigger schlong though? Maybe you need to settle that argument again.

There is a difference between most skilled and most fluid and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Sure, Kobe is a skilled player, but it is more the fluidity of his game that is pleasing to the eye. Even his misses and bad plays tend to look nice.
    I wouldn't say he is a more skilled player than Bird, MJ, Oscar, Bron, etc.