Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 01-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Trade deadline approaching...

Some ideas:

Sac trades Bibby to Seattle and gets Luke + Thomas

Sac trades Bibby + Garcia to Miami and gets Williams and Haslem

Sac trades Bibby to Cleveland and gets Damon Jones, Gooden, and Newbie (expiring).
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

DEBORAH has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Forget Miami! Garcia can be a truly great bench player, and we need to keep him.

But that deadline is coming, only 34 days away. I guess the GM and the owners are keeping everything close to their vest.
DEBORAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Too bad they cant trade Bibby and Artest for draft picks and just unload their 23 mil they will make next year. I'd keep Artest and let him opt out then try and trade Bibby for expiring contracts. I don't think there will be many takers though for his 14.4 mil he is due next season.

If they can rid themselves of both contracts that will make them 20+ mil under the cap. Then its free agent hunting time! The Kings could make a run at guys like Gilbert Arenas in the offseason.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

DEBORAH has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Re: Trade deadline approaching...

It has been said in the past that our GM is a genius, so let's see what he can make happen in the next 34 days.
DEBORAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBORAH
Forget Miami! Garcia can be a truly great bench player, and we need to keep him.

But that deadline is coming, only 34 days away. I guess the GM and the owners are keeping everything close to their vest.
I seriously don't get what people see in Garcia. I used to think he had the potential to by a Prince type utility player, but I don't see him getting better than he is now. Dumping him along with Bibby for Haslem and Williams, who is in the last year of his contract, means that next season the team clears 10 mil. You have to give some to get some, and I don't think the heat will do that deal just for Bibby. They need a young piece, and I don't see Garcia as untradable. It puts the team in a better position, especially if Ron opts out or is moved. If Ron leaves, then the team will shed 18 million in salary next year.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
I seriously don't get what people see in Garcia. I used to think he had the potential to by a Prince type utility player, but I don't see him getting better than he is now. Dumping him along with Bibby for Haslem and Williams, who is in the last year of his contract, means that next season the team clears 10 mil. You have to give some to get some, and I don't think the heat will do that deal just for Bibby. They need a young piece, and I don't see Garcia as untradable. It puts the team in a better position, especially if Ron opts out or is moved. If Ron leaves, then the team will shed 18 million in salary next year.

lol i agree ST... i was trying to convince myself that garcia will be solid... nah smoke and mirrors. Good role bench player at best..however i'm hoping for more greatness on his behalf
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
No_Look604
Local High School Star

No_Look604 has not been impressing people

All your trades are horrible. Only way I'm shipping Bibby out is if it was for Haslem...straight up, which won't happen due to salary matching. Other than that, I'm keeping Bibby til his contract expires. All we're missing now, with everyone back is a defensive pressence inside. I strongly believe Artest, despite his ramblings will remain a king after the season for a decent price.
I'm all for trading Salmons(not sure what he's making, if it's a bargain)...for a legitimate big man. How's Dalambert doing for the '6ers? I was suprised to hear they don't want him. is he overpaid?
No_Look604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:14 AM   #8
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Look604
All your trades are horrible. Only way I'm shipping Bibby out is if it was for Haslem...straight up, which won't happen due to salary matching. Other than that, I'm keeping Bibby til his contract expires.

So, basically waste the King's most valuable trading piece? What are you smoking? Why would you want to let Mike play out his contract and walk after next season? Do you know anything about how the cap system works? Expiring contracts are incredibly desirable, and Bibby isn't exactly a horrible PG, so it's not like a good deal can't come along. Yeah, his contract can clear cap space, but a deal can be done to get a player that the kings can actually use. The Kings can get what they need for Mike, instead of letting him walk. He's the most valuable trading piece the Kings have.

Please explain how my trade ideas (which they were, just throwing out ideas) are 'horrible'.

Quote:
All we're missing now, with everyone back is a defensive pressence inside.

Which is something they may be able to get with Bibby in a trade. The FA market isn't the only way to get talent. Remember, Webber was traded for, Christie was traded for, Bibby was traded for, and Miller was traded for. The point being that talent can come in trades. Trading Mike can get the Kings a real big man who can do what the Kings need: rebound and defend. The Kings get destroyed by any team with a good frontline.

Quote:
I strongly believe Artest, despite his ramblings will remain a king after the season for a decent price.

Well, if Artest is re-signed by the Kings, then that means Salmons goes. Considering his production, and his contract with the kings that locks him up during his prime years for around 5 mil a year, he's a steal. He's proven he can play when he starts and replace Ron. Why would the kings want to keep Artest, when Ron will definitely want more than 5 mil a year? Ron also has no offensive chemistry with this team, and I see no reason to keep him.

Quote:
I'm all for trading Salmons(not sure what he's making, if it's a bargain)...for a legitimate big man. How's Dalambert doing for the '6ers? I was suprised to hear they don't want him. is he overpaid?

Why would the sixers want John back, when they already have talent at the 2/3, and Dalembert is their only real post presence? Plus he's making around 11 mil a year for 3 more years. What big man can the team get for Salmons? You have to remember that trades work both ways, and you can't just make things up that don't fit what both teams want.

Last edited by Showtime : 01-25-2008 at 01:18 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: