Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #16
EuJazz
Local High School Star

EuJazz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: LEastern Conference or ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
First, I will admit I mostly made this thread to see what kind of reaction Id get. But when we look back at this era 4 decades from now we are going to see 7 championships by two dynasties and 2 from the EC. so much for the rest of the vaunted western conference.

and Wiz, this is the first year Utah or GS have been any good at all. There is really no foundation for your statement. and frankly GS is not a good team. 14-16 against the east this year (but they werent healthy adn they had to gel blah blah blah)

Golden State, I agree, was not that great of a team overall. But headed into the playoffs (and until the Jazz met them) they were the hottest team in the league. And the Jazz weren't that good because of the departure of two first ballot HOF'ers, probably the 2nd best ever to play each of their positions, and they departed the same year. So I'll apologize for them not being able to recover right back into the playoffs for a few years (and only having one year where they didn't compete for a playoff spot).

And you still won't listen. The rest of the Western teams don't have titles over the last 9 years because of TIM DUNCAN AND SHAQUILLE O'NEAL, two of the best players ever. It's not because there was only one good team in the West that year. You're blind if you don't see that.
EuJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #17
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuJazz
And you still won't listen. The rest of the Western teams don't have titles over the last 9 years because of TIM DUNCAN AND SHAQUILLE O'NEAL, two of the best players ever. It's not because there was only one good team in the West that year. You're blind if you don't see that.
sure, I never said that there was only one good team in the west, simply that if you aint first you're last. will these suns and mavs teams be remebered as great teams 20 years from now? I doubt it, unless they win the title.
The pistons beat shaq/kobe why couldnt the better teams in the west?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #18
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Stop living in the past this year Detroit was garbage
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:21 PM   #19
EuJazz
Local High School Star

EuJazz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
ok, so okur is both terrible and better than chris webber.

Look, you cannot judge how they would do in the playoffs on their worst series in 5 years. Clearly there was something wrong with them. You have to look at their playoff performance as a whole (including against a bulls team that is much better IMO than the cavs).

Clearly the spurs are better defensively (it helps that bowen gets away with bloody murder). that being said, if we have dice (our primary defender along with sheed) in the game rather than a 2nd year player, bron doesnt do that against us either (he would still get his retarded perimeter shots to drop, but not the lanes to the basket).

sure the cavs are terrible offensively (that is why it took career games from 2 players to win the last two games for the cavs). They are also much better defensively than the suns, so again, what are you gonna do. Billups' matches up against nash much better (nash on D) and would have had a very solid series.

Okur was in the All-Star game this year. That's terrible? He played terrible in the first round and the WCF. Other than that he was great, and yes, he's better than Chris Webber. Webber is getting old, man, you can't say you'd rather have Webber now rather than Okur staying with you a few years ago.

The Bulls ARE better than the Cavs. And the Pistons had a 2-0 lead (regardless of how ugly of wins they were, they found a way to win) and blew it. I don't care about how bad they looked. They probably looked bad because they are in need of a blow-up, a big trade, some moves, ANYTHING. And I don't think a team capable of playing such a terrible series is better than the Jazz.
EuJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #20
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_locoteee
Stop living in the past this year Detroit was garbage
call me when you make it out of the first round

"but we are in the west. If we were in the east we'd be the best team to blahda blahda blahda."
Have fun at the 4 this year.

I love how a terrible series against cleveland all of a sudden means the pistons were garbage this year. OK.
But dallas was still great despite coming close to getting swept by a streetball team with 1 real big.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #21
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuJazz
Okur was in the All-Star game this year. That's terrible? He played terrible in the first round and the WCF. Other than that he was great, and yes, he's better than Chris Webber. Webber is getting old, man, you can't say you'd rather have Webber now rather than Okur staying with you a few years ago.

The Bulls ARE better than the Cavs. And the Pistons had a 2-0 lead (regardless of how ugly of wins they were, they found a way to win) and blew it. I don't care about how bad they looked. They probably looked bad because they are in need of a blow-up, a big trade, some moves, ANYTHING. And I don't think a team capable of playing such a terrible series is better than the Jazz.
no, i cant. I love okur and thought he shouldve been in the allstar over Yao the previous year (identical # and no games missed). Still my only modern pistons jersey.

You guys made out like bandits under the old CB rules fro 2nd round contracts. Him and Booz? where would you be if they'd stayed put (or under the new CB rules)?

Oh and he didnt really make the allstar game. Injury replacements should have an *
Old 06-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #22
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Detroit may be better than Utah (I actually don't think so), but Utah clearly gives Detroit matchup problems. Detroit hasn't beaten Utah in like 3 years, so it might be a case (ala GS and Dallas) where, regardless of talent, one team just gives the other fits.

In my opinion, the top of the league stacks up like this:

1. Spurs
2. Suns
3. Mavs
4. Jazz
5. Pistons
6. Rockets
7. Nuggets
8. Cavs
9. Bulls
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #23
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
We always here how weak the East is in comparison to the west. lets look at a sub-segement of this arguement. What teams have won the title since the last bulls title? WE have 4 spurs titles, 3peat lakers and 2 EC teams. Clearly that shaq/kobe team was something special (cmon a 3 peat!) and The Timmy D led spurs are either a dynasty or close to it.

So is the East really that much weaker than the west (talking Pistons/Bulls v Suns/MAvs), or have there been two dominant teams out west that have set the upper mark for the league over the last ~decade? The only teams to win titles besides these two teams (which will go down as two of the greatest teams ever) are two BEastern Conference teams.

If the west is so much better, where are the other western teams' rings?

EVERY ****ING WEEK THERE IS A THREAD ABOUT THIS. STFU!!

WEST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EAST STFUUUUU
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: