Default To give Euros some context of Americans and obeseity: when I was in 5th grade...

I entered a drawing contest for "creating healthy tomorrows", some sort of health/fitness movement that was going on in U.S. School systems at the time in order to curb the increasingly unhealthy and fat americans of that time (like 1998ish). I understood it, my picture was a rollerblader who was physically fit and a slogan at the top of my drawing said something like "be cool and exercise". I had the 1st place drawing for the school and advanced to 3rd place for the State of Ohio.

But not every kid, nor even adult judging the drawings by the kids at that time understood the objectives of the program or the problems Americans were/are facing. For comparison, the kid who got 3rd place for the school created a picture of a guy eating a celery stick that was FAT with his gut literally hanging out of his shirt. And next to it was a picture of the same guy only eating a burger, and the guy eating the burger was normal looking.

I asked him why is the guy eating celery fat but the guy eating the burger is not. He said because you'll be able to get fat off celery since it's better food. As if growing fat was actually the objective.

This kid who drew it was a fat slob.

He got 3rd place for the school for his "creating healthy tomorrows" drawing. This is how we grow up in the U.S. ..Fat is considered normal. And nobody understands nutrition, not even the adults who should have reprimanded the idiot for misrepresenting nutrition instead of rewarding him. Oh, and the schools reward was free ice cream passes for lunch.

Default Re: To give Euros some context of Americans and obeseity: when I was in 5th grade...

Nacho Cheese!

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Default Re: To give Euros some context of Americans and obeseity: when I was in 5th grade...

What?

Did the little fat kid who drew fat celery guy and normal hamburger guy add this to his picture?:

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    I entered a drawing contest for "creating healthy tomorrows", some sort of health/fitness movement that was going on in U.S. School systems at the time in order to curb the increasingly unhealthy and fat americans of that time (like 1998ish). I understood it, my picture was a rollerblader who was physically fit and a slogan at the top of my drawing said something like "be cool and exercise". I had the 1st place drawing for the school and advanced to 3rd place for the State of Ohio.

But not every kid, nor even adult judging the drawings by the kids at that time understood the objectives of the program or the problems Americans were/are facing. For comparison, the kid who got 3rd place for the school created a picture of a guy eating a celery stick that was FAT with his gut literally hanging out of his shirt. And next to it was a picture of the same guy only eating a burger, and the guy eating the burger was normal looking.

I asked him why is the guy eating celery fat but the guy eating the burger is not. He said because you'll be able to get fat off celery since it's better food.
    As if growing fat was actually the objective.

He got 3rd place for the school for his "creating healthy tomorrows" drawing. This is how we grow up in the U.S. ..Fat is considered normal. And nobody understands nutrition, not even the adults who should have reprimanded the idiot for misrepresenting nutrition instead of rewarding him. Oh, and the schools reward was free ice cream passes for lunch.

I asked him why is the guy eating celery fat but the guy eating the burger is not. He said because you'll be able to get fat off celery since it's better food. As if growing fat was actually the objective.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

NBA Legend

What did I just read...

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    What did I just read...
    An OTCL original

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

This is why I keep coming back to ISH

lmao, free ice cream as a prize? Where is the logic??

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    lmao, free ice cream as a prize? Where is the logic??
    All part of the plan to create a healthy tomorrow:

Tomorrow is not projected to be any time soon though

Banned

Euros are fat too bro. The UK is fatter than we are.

Stop being a self-hating American. This isn't 2002. It's not cool anymore.

Stop trying to kiss Europe's ass. Europe has gone to shit and dying more every day while America is still balling at the top of the world.

Fat is normal all across Europe. it is considered the cool and fashionable thing in Euro circles to encourage fatties to be fat and to "appreciate all body types" and shit.

Nowhere is safe from the fatty flood, except South America and Africa where they can't afford food, and Russia and East Asia where they shame and mock the fatness out of the population. Eastern Euros and South Koreans are RELENTLESS vs fatties, and guess what, it turns out shaming fatness PREVENTS FATNESS.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 03-23-2016 at 01:00 PM.

RTC take notice